Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,001 members, 7,828,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Digital Tithing: Easier Tithing For Christian Millennials Or? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Digital Tithing: Easier Tithing For Christian Millennials Or? (285 Views)

Family Tithing In The Diaspora / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Digital Tithing: Easier Tithing For Christian Millennials Or? by Tenny05(m): 2:11pm On Feb 12, 2018
Today I might be opening a can of worms by writing about this topic. If you are a Christian and you attend church regularly, especially ones we call the new generational churches that usually have a large number of members, you would notice that many churches are taking steps to keep up with technology, thereby encouraging members to make donations, offerings and tithes via POS services, bank transfers etc. the goal is to stay relevant to the growing population of tech savvy millennials and the technology we all use. While some churches have adapted this new method and are successfully using it, others have another view entirely which is why this can be considered a topic.

Drawbacks to electronic tithing

Electronic giving is a good thing and it benefits both the church and the giver by making the giving process friction-less and Personally, I am in favor of this technology because aside from making life easier, it can help break down the barriers of giving, however just like everything else I believe it has its own disadvantage which can be that most people who already have the negative mentality about Nigerian churches and their ways of extorting money from members find it difficult to accept this new technology and also many people believe tithing via debit cards or transfer can inhibit worship and i would say I faintly agree with this notion because In my humble opinion tithing and offering is a part of worship and is best done in a worship setting. Having an auto draft come out of your account or charged periodically doesn’t always lend itself to a worshipful giving experience. I know its easy and maybe you are more likely to give but it eliminates something important,which is what the actual act of giving does inside of us. The act of passing it through your hands to the offering plate is a very tangible act which helps so that you can be reminded of why you give, you can be reminded that it is a sacrifice and an act of worship. An electronic transfer doesn’t have the same effect. At least not for everyone.

Whichever way we may see it we must accept this new technology adaptation because frankly it has come to stay as mobile transfer apps like Quickteller among others are partnering with churches to make payment of tithes and offering easier.

Digital offering/tithing! What’s your opinion?

(1) (Reply)

Getting Comfy: Your Morning Guide To Daily Happiness From (prophet Tb Joshua) / What Does The Bible Say About Abortion? / Govt Authorities Tears Down Christian Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.