Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,047 members, 7,814,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good (2658 Views)

Do Think This Marriage Will Work? (picture) / What Can Make You Turn Your Partner's Intimacy Approach Down? / Lack Of Romance & Intimacy In My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Mimicole(f): 4:06pm On Apr 21, 2010
My marriage is a year and some months old, i'm 24, my husband will be 30 in a few months time,right now intimacy is still wonderful after a child but i can't help but wonder if it will remain that way or get boring with time. Married folks pls share your thoughts esp those who've bn togeda a while.I'm sure i'm not alone in my uncertainty.
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by candylips(m): 4:44pm On Apr 21, 2010
hmm . . . it depends on you and your husband i think
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Mimicole(f): 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2010
It depends on what??How long have u been married Candy
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 21, 2010
Marriage has 2 do wit stages,i wil advice u 2 read d book named 5 love languages.it wil help alot.
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by tayoast(m): 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2010
life is not a bed of roses.
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Mimicole(f): 6:25pm On Apr 21, 2010
Experienced married couples this is where u step in. thanks y'all that've contributed but no one has answered my question yet.
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Beavyvan: 10:37pm On Apr 21, 2010
ofcourse it cant be like the gud ol' days cos as time goes by, u'll have too much on your mind and in most cases wont pay so much attention to the act. (my personal experience)
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by ikamefa(f): 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2010
Beavyvan:

ofcourse it cant be like the gud ol' days cos as time goes by, u'll have too much on your mind and in most cases wont pay so much attention to the act. (my personal experience)

not paying much attention is where wahala will start oh!

^^^^^ up there!!!! is true up to an extent, you both need to make out time and pay attention to details, the acts and all that ish cheesy
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by nikinash(f): 10:54am On Apr 22, 2010
It may always be good but not as frequent because many things will begin to take your time and attention but you have to ensure that an open unadulterated line of communication is always open between you and your hubby so that WHEN you begin to fell neglect it will be easy to talk about it.
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by rickie4us(m): 12:28pm On Apr 22, 2010
as you begin to have more children, you will discover that there will be more cares and anxieties and this could affect intimacy. but then, like nikinash said, keep an open unadulterated line of communication between you and your hubby.
communication is really important. it is not all about sex
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Mimicole(f): 1:23pm On Apr 22, 2010
Thanks guys, but how about the size of a woman's vagina? Does it sag with time & no of kids? [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Iranoladun(f): 2:06pm On Apr 22, 2010
It depend on you & your hubby's experience in S, e, x,

Your moods & hormone however has a lot of influence as well.  Kids pressure, home making, work etc could make you all cranky at times. 

Also when you are middle-age, hormones will play a lot of pranks on you; some days you
are all sore and s, e, x,  is the last thing on your mind and other days you cannot wait to get smooching or in bed.

1 Like

Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2010
Get married to a hot stud and remain a hot goddess yourself. grin
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Mimicole(f): 7:23pm On Apr 22, 2010
michelin89:

Get married to a hot stud and remain a hot goddess yourself. grin
ok oh. more comments pls.
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by beingme(f): 1:11pm On Apr 23, 2010
ur intimacy will be and remain the way you want it to be. communication, spending time together, care, romance will keep you going in making it better and alright. try relaxing before sex and put ur mind there not worries around the home.
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 23, 2010
Mimicole:

My marriage is a year and some months old, i'm 24, my husband will be 30 in a few months time,right now intimacy is still wonderful after a child but i can't help but wonder if it will remain that way or get boring with time. Married folks pls share your thoughts esp those who've bn togeda a while.I'm sure i'm not alone in my uncertainty.

Will the intimacy continue being "this good"? yes it will, will you have the appetite for it all the time like you are having now? no you won't, life challenges have a way of engaging you in so much of a busy life, with kids, work and a family to take care of, i tell you intimacy sometimes will be the last thing on your mind, but in these case the couple should be ever ready to rekindle that fire when it's burning low, i will advice people to go on vacations, cos this helps alot,and I always tell women never to give up looking good cos you have kids, in as much as the urge for intimacy is not as crazy as the time of your honeymoon, you should never stop being a s:e:x appeal, cos that husband of yours married the s:e:x appeal in you amongst other things.

If a woman continues looking attractive it increases the man's sexual urge sometimes and the dude starts imagining things like  "hey whats she like without those clothes on, let me have a look" and they will be the very first people that will notice any changes in your body,hence wanting to see and feel the supposed change.

Mimicole:

Thanks guys, but how about the size of a woman's womanliness? Does it sag with time & no of kids? [color=#990000][/color]

There are women with tight womanliness's, i came in contact with one and found it difficult even inserting a speculum into her that i had to really lubricate it, some women, if they've got stitches after child birth could heal in a way that the womanliness becomes tight, even tighter than it was before childbirth, for some women nothing changes, but incase it happens , help yourself with pelvic exercises , it sure helps alot in tightening the muscles inside smiley

But hey, no big deal about a saggy womanliness, things are bound to change sometimes in life you know

1 Like

Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Demdem(m): 3:02pm On Apr 23, 2010
There are women with tight womanliness's, i came in contact with one and found it difficult even inserting a speculum into her that i had to really lubricate it, some women, if they've got stitches after child birth could heal in a way that the womanliness becomes tight, even tighter than it was before childbirth, for some women nothing changes, but incase it happens , help yourself with pelvic exercises , it sure helps alot in tightening the muscles inside Smiley

But hey, no big deal about a saggy womanliness, things are bound to change sometimes in life you know

shocked shocked
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by nigerbobo(m): 3:03pm On Apr 23, 2010
The type of contraceptive measure you decide to use will also play a vital role in all this,
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Travelista(f): 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2010
Demdem:

There are women with tight womanliness's, i came in contact with one and found it difficult even inserting a speculum into her that i had to really lubricate it, some women, if they've got stitches after child birth could heal in a way that the womanliness becomes tight, even tighter than it was before childbirth, for some women nothing changes, but incase it happens , help yourself with pelvic exercises , it sure helps alot in tightening the muscles inside Smiley

shocked shocked

grin grin grin I don't think it's anything s.exual; sounds like she may be a gynecologist or some other type of medical professional.

1 Like

Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2010
Demdem:

shocked shocked
what's wt d fAce?
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Demdem(m): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2010
Travelista:

grin grin grin I don't think it's anything s.exual; sounds like she may be a gynecologist or some other type of medical professional.

I agree den. Either the above or lesbo undecided
Anytin goes.
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:10pm On Apr 23, 2010
@poster, I have been married for 3 yrs and dated my wife for at least 4, the intimacy was over the first 2yrs of dating grin

It is not a bad thing, just that you are on a new level of intimacy that is not as hot-blooded in your early days of marriage. my wife had similar worries after our first child and for me it helps if you still try to look good and sassy (not that it is absolutely necessary,but sometimes you just want to look at your wife and still think of the old days of blind, hot passion)

I think with newer responsibilities and maturity, you learn that relationships are more than the intimacy (intimacy is just one important component), there is God, emotional support, career planning, relationships with in-laws, rent, other married couples etc all these can be a source of concern for most women as they find out that their spouse is not as un-occupied as in the early days of marriage. It is just a phase and it will pass as soon as some of the concerns are being addressed early.

1 Like

Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by coolier(f): 8:27pm On Apr 23, 2010
Enjoy the present and let the future take care of itself!

2 Likes

Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Liss: 10:37pm On Apr 23, 2010
Nice thread with great responses.

As most people have said life's pressures may not always allow your Intimacy to be good but then there lots of things you can do to prevent it. Plus all the advices people have said, I'ld say you and your husband must also be committed to ensuring your intimacy remains good e.g ensuring your romance remains, helping one another out, making sure your children don't come between you two etc

Anyway, you can always read these books with your hubby:

- How to Make Love to the Same Person for the Rest of Your Life - And Still Love it by Dagmar O'Connor
- How to have great sex for the rest of your life by Val Sampson

All the best in your marriage!

1 Like

Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by spoilt(f): 11:21pm On Apr 23, 2010
Why is the advice usually geared towards women to keep the passion alive? Look sassy, be hot, keep the lipsrsealed tight. Wetin? It takes two to keep passion alive. So to men, step one. . . . . , . . . . , . . . lose the belly. grin Step two stop roaming around like a mountain man because you had kids. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 24, 2010
ofcourse its geared towards them, they are the only creatures on the earth that i know can make a man and break a man if they want to, 95% of the success of that marriage falls on them, they can build a home and scatter a home, they are the only ones that can directly and indirectly control a man, na today undecided

Let the man come we will advice him on his own level, but for now, na the woman come, so we give her,her's

Demdem:

I agree den. Either the above or lesbo undecided
Anytin goes.

I would have replied you, but your post makes no sense, it's either you are delusional or just dumb, have fun as you wallow in your stupidity

1 Like

Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by agathamari(f): 5:30pm On Apr 24, 2010
as your relationship ages you will need to find ways to keep it new and exciting. what to do depends on the two of you. what are your boundries and his but your marrage is still in the honeymoon phase and this shouldnt be an issue yet

1 Like

Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by spoilt(f): 2:10am On Apr 25, 2010
jennykadry:

ofcourse its geared towards them, they are the only creatures on the earth that i know can make a man and break a man if they want to, 95% of the success of that marriage falls on them, they can build a home and scatter a home, they are the only ones that can directly and indirectly control a man, na today undecided

Let the man come we will advice him on his own level, but for now, na the woman come, so we give her,her's

I would have replied you, but your post makes no sense, it's either you are delusional or just dumb, have fun as you wallow in your stupidity

As if men ever ask for advice on such issues. If at all he does it will be something like "How do i tell my wife to lose weight?" shocked shocked
grin grin
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Nobody: 2:42am On Apr 25, 2010
spoilt:

As if men ever ask for advice on such issues. If at all he does it will be  something like "How do i tell my wife to lose weight?"  shocked shocked
grin grin

jhahahahahahahahha you no well grin grin grin grin grin

or "my wife is the reason behind my downfall"

1 Like

Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Sissy3(f): 7:58am On Apr 25, 2010
OP

you have gotten many good advices from many here. everything depends on you. you have the power to continue having a healthy sex life and it will stop when you decide. if you let excuses and the likes get a better hold of you, it will of course suffer
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Mimicole(f): 12:25pm On Apr 25, 2010
Thanks y'all, i must say i've really learnt .
Re: Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 25, 2010

(1) (2) (Reply)

Femi Kuti Sues For Divorce / The Child Is Autistic / It Is.wrong To Leave Children In The Care Of Underage Housemaids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.