Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

There Comes A Time When You Have To Stop Crossing Oceans For People Who Wouldn't - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / There Comes A Time When You Have To Stop Crossing Oceans For People Who Wouldn't (445 Views)

Nigeria Dealiest Oceans Route / Car Hits Man Pressing His Phone In Abia, While Crossing Express Road / People Who Dont Show Their Anger More Dangerous Than Those Who Do, True/False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Comes A Time When You Have To Stop Crossing Oceans For People Who Wouldn't by livebynite: 1:48pm On Feb 13, 2018
Just ended a long relationship thats been going no where since, this helped me and thought i should share with you all. smiley

There comes a time when you have to stop crossing oceans for people who wouldn't cross a puddle for you.

Those of us with good hearts go out of our way to help other people. We are kind, giving, and caring. We have love for other people and animals. We give and give and give.

But, there comes a time when the giving has to stop, at least for certain people. Instead of helping everyone, all the time, everywhere we go, we should be helping those who deserve our help. We have no duty to help our enemies or those who continually take advantage of us.

Those people who would not lift a finger to help us, should not be our priority. In fact, they shouldn't even be on our radar. There comes to times to stop going out of your way to help those who couldn't care less about us. This applies to our country, as well as our individual lives.

Always be willing to help those who you can help, but make sure you are helping the right people. I will always step in and defend an elderly person who is getting mugged in the street, but I will never step in to help some gang member who is getting bashed by another gang member. Help those who are deserving.

cc: lalasticlala mynd44 obinoscopy

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Students With Great Business Ambition / NERC To Enforce New Metering Rule From April / Let’s Talk!! Should A Broke Guy Go Into Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.