Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) (30729 Views)

Land Documents That Are Important For Land Transactions In Nigeria / Red Flags for Bad Land Transactions / ⛔ During Land Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by oduz: 6:15am On Feb 17, 2018
Expsbterror:

Why is it that the c of O is too expensive. Is it okay or are fraudsters on the move?

In which location ?

It varies from State to State ?
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 7:05am On Feb 17, 2018
What state is that precisely? C of O is a very important document to acquire on your property.

The prices of getting it vary from state to state.
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by kinzodigital: 12:14pm On Feb 17, 2018
LandOwners:
What state is that precisely? C of O is a very important document to acquire on your property.

The prices of getting it vary from state to state.

What is the average cost for processing C of O in Lagos State?
Moreso,What is the average cost for land approval?
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 9:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
kinzodigital:

What is the average cost for processing C of O in Lagos State?
Moreso,What is the average cost for land approval?

1. Get your survey plan

2. Get the land information from the surveyor general's office or ask your lawyer to get it for you. It costs just about N7,000

3. Get your structural Drawing in place i.e what structure you intend to put on the land or architectural design

4. Two Passport photographs

5. Tax reciept or Tax clearance certificate (This is very very important now and without this, no C/O would be granted) Now if you don't have it, but you want to proceed with your C/O registeration immediately, you must pay about N60,000 to the land registry to cover the Tax clearance certificate. No more, no less.

6. Purchase reciept from the previous owners or family that sold it to you better still known to you as the "omo ni ile boys".

7. Legal Fees negotiable with the lawyer.

8. Also hold BROWN ENVELOPE. (BRIBE) lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by Geomartinsurvey(m): 10:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
cost of getting C of O varies, depends on the location and status of the land and development in the said land just to.mention but a few. for more info call or chat with me on 07031848986

GEOMARTINS & ASSOCIATE
We are team of Registered Surveyor and Town Planners.

1 Like

Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by Expsbterror(m): 7:45pm On Feb 18, 2018
oduz:

In which location ?

It varies from State to State ?

Kuje LGA in abj.

1 Like

Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by sklateen(m): 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2018
Treash:
i am based in abuja, but just got a landed property in otukpo

Which part of Benue are you. I can link you up with a property lawyer over there. I was there sometimes ago.
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by Treash(m): 6:21pm On Feb 19, 2018
[quote author=sklateen post=65201344][/quote]

Sorry I guess u quoted wrongly. I never cited what u allegedly accused me of saying. And pls stop all that. Thankz.
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by sklateen(m): 8:02am On Feb 20, 2018
Treash:

Sorry I guess u quoted wrongly. I never cited what u allegedly accused me of saying. And pls stop all that. Thankz.

i am only asking u how to obtain landed document in benue state
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by lorhema(f): 11:47am On Feb 20, 2018
LandOwners:

1. Get your survey plan

2. Get the land information from the surveyor general's office or ask your lawyer to get it for you. It costs just about N7,000

3. Get your structural Drawing in place i.e what structure you intend to put on the land or architectural design

4. Two Passport photographs

5. Tax reciept or Tax clearance certificate (This is very very important now and without this, no C/O would be granted) Now if you don't have it, but you want to proceed with your C/O registeration immediately, you must pay about N60,000 to the land registry to cover the Tax clearance certificate. No more, no less.

6. Purchase reciept from the previous owners or family that sold it to you better still known to you as the "omo ni ile boys".

7. Legal Fees negotiable with the lawyer.

8. Also hold BROWN ENVELOPE. (BRIBE) lol

60k in lieu of tax clearance certificate? I thought it was increased to 200/300k. Please confirm for us.
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 2:49pm On Feb 20, 2018
lorhema:

60k in lieu of tax clearance certificate? I thought it was increased to 200/300k. Please confirm for us.

I just asked a colleague now about it.
You are right.
It has been increased to about 200k.

1 Like

Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by npn001(f): 7:51pm On Feb 20, 2018

1 Like

Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 8:42pm On Feb 20, 2018
npn001:
Thank you OP for this informative write-up.

I want to buy a land from someone but he's saying he only has land survey document for the land. Can I go ahead to buy with this document? What is the most important document I need from him at this point?

If I can go ahead to buy the land with this land survey document, what other thing will I need to do on the land later on?

First things first, Your best bet is to consult a property lawyer or get a registered surveyor help you verify the survey of the land.
They will verify if the land is genuine and off government acquisition through the survey.

After they have verified that the land is off government acquisition then you are free to purchase it.

1 Like

Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 8:45pm On Feb 20, 2018
npn001:
Thank you OP for this informative write-up.

I want to buy a land from someone but he's saying he only has land survey document for the land. Can I go ahead to buy with this document? What is the most important document I need from him at this point?

If I can go ahead to buy the land with this land survey document, what other thing will I need to do on the land later on?
LandOwners:

First things first, Your best bet is to consult a property lawyer or get a registered surveyor help you verify the survey of the land.
They will verify if the land is genuine and off government acquisition through the survey.

After they have verified that the land is off government acquisition then you are free to purchase it.

Later on you have to perfect your own documents for the property.
You will need to process a governors consent, if the place previously have a C of O.
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by Geomartinsurvey(m): 9:36am On Feb 21, 2018
I will advice u ask for the original receipt of purchase, agreement with omo onile together with the survey plan. I dont advice u should consider the survey plan alone.

u can contact
GEOMARTINS & ASSOCIATE
we are team of Registered Surveyors and Town planner.

2 Likes

Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 3:07pm On Feb 21, 2018
[quote author=Geomartinsurvey post=65247094]I will advice u ask for the original receipt of purchase, agreement with omo onile together with the survey plan. I dont advice u should consider the survey plan alone.

On point
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 4:38am On Oct 19, 2018
Secure your future
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 11:24am On Nov 04, 2018
Successful Real estate investors are the ones that sees opportunities before they become obvious.
Secure your future today.
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 6:20am On Dec 03, 2018
Grab this golden opportunity to be a landlord
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 5:05pm On Dec 27, 2018
Don't procrastinate, you can be a Landlord before the year ends.
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 12:15pm On Jan 06, 2019
If you want to become a landlord this year, the best way to start planning it is from the beginning of the year.
Call us today 08134845536
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by Conceptman: 1:20pm On Jan 06, 2019
our services are affordable, contact us for your aluminium windows,doors . Tel:09034377258
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 11:45am On Jan 13, 2019
Our mission is to see that millions of nigerians home and abroad become landlords.
Call or whatsapp us on 08134845536
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 8:03am On Jan 18, 2019
The best decision you can take this 2019, is acquiring a piece of land at a choice location.
Secure your future today...
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 10:29pm On Jan 22, 2019
Invest in real estate
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 8:30am On Jan 28, 2019
First day of the week should be used to strategize and detail out how the whole week should look like .
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 4:12pm On Feb 02, 2019
31days already gone from 2019.... Have you gotten that piece of land?
Make the remaining days of the year count
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 8:24am On Feb 09, 2019
*VALENTINES REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES*

This valentines, The best way of expressing love to that special person or yourself is a gift of lands/Properties" – they will forever pray for you.

"Buy land and wait. Don't wait to buy land– because by the time you finish waiting, the price, the value would have gone up way high the sky, and you will have to pay through your nose to acquire it.

Think Real Estate... Call us today
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 11:21am On Mar 05, 2019
Success is a process, the results are always visible but the process are hidden.
To get the result, you have to accept the process.
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 11:21am On Mar 05, 2019
Success is a process, the results are always visible but the process are hidden.
To get the result, you have to accept the process..
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2019
Don't eat up your future now.... Secure it by acquiring a piece of Land

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nerHH9f6kLg
Re: Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) by LandOwners: 7:36am On Mar 25, 2019
The best time to buy that property is now... Don't wait till it's too expensive before taking your buying decision.
Call us today 08134845536.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" / Storey Building Collapses At Sabo Yaba (photos) / Container Movement In Lagos To Any Part Of The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.