Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,634 members, 7,813,093 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Senator Storms JAMB Office With Snake Charmers, Over Missing Money (plus Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Storms JAMB Office With Snake Charmers, Over Missing Money (plus Photos) (1393 Views)

"Even Bullet Charmers Travel Using Abuja-kaduna Train" - Sen. Shehu Sani Reveals / Senator Shehu Sani & Snake Charmers At JAMB Office Over Snake Swallowing N36M / Nigerian Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram, Garnish Their Jollof Rice With Snake Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Senator Storms JAMB Office With Snake Charmers, Over Missing Money (plus Photos) by iammanuel(m): 5:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
JAMB Registrar, Ishaq Oloyede, went into rounds of laughter when the lawmaker presented him with two packs of anti-snake venom and offered the services of two snake charmers to fish out snakes that swallowed huge amount of money.

The exams board said it suspended the staff, Philomena Chieshe, at its Makurdi office following the bizarre claim. In reaction to the development, the senator visited the JAMB headquarters to ascertain the truth of the matter and to lend his “assistance”.

“The reason for my presence here is in response to the story that a snake swallowed about N36 million. It is my concern that such a huge amount of money is reported to have been swallowed by a snake.

“I believe the contribution I can make is to bring snake charmers from my constituency to the JAMB office to help them fish out the snake or weed out snakes from their premises,” Mr. Sani said.

One of the snake charmers, Tasiu Abdulrasheed, who claimed to have been a professional snake charmer for up to 20 years, said he has never encountered a money-swallowing reptile.

JAMB spokesperson, Fabian Benjamin, said the board is dealing with more frivolous stories like Ms. Chieshe’s.

“There was even a case in Nasarawa when a staff claimed that on his way to come and submit the scratch card, he had an accident and the car got burnt with the scratch cards,” he said.

Re: Senator Storms JAMB Office With Snake Charmers, Over Missing Money (plus Photos) by iammanuel(m): 5:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
Lala right now... Hopefully the snake will be caught and roasted for tonight delicacy

Re: Senator Storms JAMB Office With Snake Charmers, Over Missing Money (plus Photos) by HRHQueenPhil(f): 5:15pm On Feb 13, 2018
even senators are turning this 2 a joke? chai, d loopholes for stealing in dis country tempts me 2 enter politics or av a godfather
Re: Senator Storms JAMB Office With Snake Charmers, Over Missing Money (plus Photos) by tooth4tooth: 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2018
grin
Re: Senator Storms JAMB Office With Snake Charmers, Over Missing Money (plus Photos) by LessNoise: 5:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
There was even a case in Nasarawa when a staff claimed that on his way to come and submit the scratch card, he had an accident and the car got burnt with the scratch cards,” he said.

Re: Senator Storms JAMB Office With Snake Charmers, Over Missing Money (plus Photos) by Mynd44: 5:33pm On Feb 13, 2018

(1)

Fani Kayode's Sponsored Attack On Osinbajo: Hypocrisy Taken Too Far / Breaking: PDP Welcomes All His Prodigal Sons With A Stuning Party (PICS) / Do Politicians Think We Are Daft? (pic Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.