Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

My House Issue, I'm I Right Or Wrong - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My House Issue, I'm I Right Or Wrong (464 Views)

How I Landed My House After Squatting / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My House Issue, I'm I Right Or Wrong by sexyedjutto: 11:10am On Feb 14, 2018
Good day all, I have an issue at hand now and I want to seek advice here
I rented an apartment for my girl last year, the rent was 45k per year but other things like drinking money, lawyer fee, agent fee made us pay over 100k cause the landlord said he'll only collect a year and 6 months rent, we paid and the receipt was given to us but the house key wasn't given cause the landlord asked us to come back by evening, I have an apartment myself but she can't stay with me for some family reasons, so when we went back that evening to collect the key and pack in, the landlord asked us to come the next day, that the girl living there previously hadn't fully packed out, now my girl is a student and she's paying 5h transportation to school everyday that's why we want to get this apartment since it's closer to the school, back to the story, the landlord delayed us for one month before we finally collected the key, we packed in, she was living alone, while I was coming to visit her regularly since my house is just 10 minutes walk from hers, so few months later she begged me that she was lonely and wanted me to come live with her, I refused cause i am a very busy person, I'm an admission processing agent and the house she's living is public compound so I couldn't cope, later on she told me one of her course mate wanted to come live with her, I agreed, the girl stayed for a month and left when she got another option, we didn't ask her to pay, she didn't pay, few months after, my girl told me another of her course mate wanted to live in the house, I agreed and the girl lived for 3 months and left, we didn't collect any money from her
Now to the main issue, we renewed the rent December so we still have like 10 months left, so January a female student came to us for accommodation and we asked her to pay 45k per year to live with my girl, she said OK, she'll pay 30k first then balance 15k January ending, we agreed, she paid the 30k and started living with her, January ending, she said she doesn't have money, I did alright I'm expecting it sha, February, she came to me to tell me that she doesn't want to live in the house anymore that she wants to pack out, I should calculate her money since she lived in the house for one month and give to her, told her that she'll need to be patient till I get another person that wants to live in the house so I'll refund her, she didn't agree, she went to tell the landlord, the landlord called me yesterday to tell me about the issue, I then asked him that if my girl wanted to pack out today, would he refund her back the money or tell her to wait till another person takes the house, he didn't answer, he said he was angry that 3 girls gave lived in his house now one after the other and he'll collect the remaining 10 months rent as their money and my girl should pack out of the house this weekend, of course he doesn't have the money to refund her, he doesn't work and no school, just the house, I just asked my girl if she still has the receipt, she said yes, we stood up and left , and he says he doesn't want anybody to live with my girl again so I told the girl that packed out that I can't get her money anymore since the landlord is giving me issues.... I'll keep updating as things unfold in real time
Re: My House Issue, I'm I Right Or Wrong by MhizAJ(f): 11:21am On Feb 14, 2018
Okay
Re: My House Issue, I'm I Right Or Wrong by sexyedjutto: 11:21am On Feb 14, 2018
Please don't just view, try to read and contribute, I understand it's a long read

My girl said the food stuffs worth over 30k we normally buy, the girl ate with her, in agreement that when it finishes, she'll(the girl that has packed) will replace them but she's finished eating them now and wants to pack out without replacing them
Re: My House Issue, I'm I Right Or Wrong by sexyedjutto: 11:22am On Feb 14, 2018
MhizAJ:
Okay

Come on na

(1) (Reply)

Uncompleted Bungalow For Sale In Afobaje, Ota, Ogun State / Supermarket Shelves -sales((SOLD)) / BLISS VILLE ESTATE Affordable Buy 5 Get One Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.