Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,220 members, 7,860,392 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:25 AM

Election Officials Barred Dog From Governorship Election In U.S. (pic) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Election Officials Barred Dog From Governorship Election In U.S. (pic) (292 Views)

A New Party Without "Structure" Has Won The Presidential Election In Kenya(photo / Draupadi Murmu Wins Presidential Election In India (Pictured) / David Andahl Who Died Of COVID-19 Wins Election In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election Officials Barred Dog From Governorship Election In U.S. (pic) by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:15am On Feb 14, 2018
A dog contesting for governor in a U.S. State of Kansas, has been disqualified, though there is no law prohibiting animals from running for elections in the state.

Terran Woolley, the dog’s owner, used the
state’s oversight to file the paperwork that
would allow his 3-year-old wire-haired Visla
named Angus P. Woolley to run for the
election but Kansas election officials barred it
on Tuesday. “I thought, ‘Hey, why not Angus? He’s a good dog, he’s smart and I think he could provide better leadership than what we’ve had the last seven years in our state,” Woolley said.

Angus’ proposed bid never left the ground. Bryan Caskey, director of elections for the
Kansas secretary of state’s office, told The
Kansas City Star that “there are several laws
that reference that the governor has to be an
individual or a person, and so we are relying
on that, and if a dog comes in to file for office, we will not allow that.” Caskey that he does not “know what would happen if a dog tried to” run. “I can’t point you to a law that says anything about the qualifications to run for governor.” “Under Kansas law, there is no law governing the qualifications for governor, not one,” Caskey also said. “So there’s seriously nothing on the books that lays out anything, no age, no residency, no experience; nothing.”

The dog’s attempted bid for the office
followed the news that at least six teenagers
are also running to become the next governor. Kansas lawmakers are pushing for a bill that would set out clear requirements for gubernatorial candidates, including being a human and at least 18 years old. Any passed legislation would not impact the 2018 election. (NAN)

Source: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/dog-barred-guber-election-u-s/

Lalasticlala
Re: Election Officials Barred Dog From Governorship Election In U.S. (pic) by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:16am On Feb 14, 2018
Re: Election Officials Barred Dog From Governorship Election In U.S. (pic) by Nigeriabiafra80: 11:19am On Feb 14, 2018
Ok
Re: Election Officials Barred Dog From Governorship Election In U.S. (pic) by KingSango(m): 8:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
Americans are sodomites and they love their dogs. grin

Sodomy

noun

Any of various forms of sexual acts regarded as perverted, especially anal intercourse, oral-anal contact, or sexual intercourse with an animal.
[i][/i]

www.theriseofsodom..com

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Going After General Buhari Every Day / Germany Confirms $44.9 Billion Surplus And GDP Growth In 2017 / Mental Illness In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.