Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,130 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Using Phone To Generate Traffic To Sites, Does It Work? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Using Phone To Generate Traffic To Sites, Does It Work? (526 Views)

Business Of Water Supply To Sites For Building And Construction / Outsourcing Business In Nigeria: Why Can't It Work? / Setting Up a Cyber-cafe: What Does It Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Phone To Generate Traffic To Sites, Does It Work? by fuke(m): 9:05am On Apr 22, 2010
I have sent about 1500 phone messages directing people to a site, it does not appear to work. Has anybody else gotten such experience?
Re: Using Phone To Generate Traffic To Sites, Does It Work? by Weske: 9:21am On Apr 24, 2010
Can't say I have (probably because I haven't done any sms marketing. lol). However, marketing whether sms, web (which i do) or offline has several fundamentals which you must adhere to for success. One of these is Targeting. Did you profile the 1500 people you sent the message to? are they in your target market. Are they interested in what you offer in the first place? Was your message compelling enough? Start with these, wish u d best

PS: The problem might not be with the message. Perhaps they came to you site, but the call to action wasn't strong enough or it did not interest them enough. Just a thought I think you should consider.
Re: Using Phone To Generate Traffic To Sites, Does It Work? by naijacutee(f): 10:10am On Apr 24, 2010
From a customer's perspective, if I receive a text message advert from a company I've never heard of before, I'm likely to delete it and never think about it again. I think this might be the same for a lot of people? Sometimes, it helps to enter the head of your customers and put yourself in their shoes before planning on how to reach out to them through advertising. I think it also depends on your product as well. There would be absolutely no reason for me to go to a website if I a) receive a text about it b) especially when I'm not near a computer.  My guess is that text messaging adverts are best suitable for certain products/services. For example, if I get a text concerning an SMS-based taxi finder, Lagos traffic checker, or directions finder, I'm likely to keep it on my phone - in case I need it in the future.
Re: Using Phone To Generate Traffic To Sites, Does It Work? by fuke(m): 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2010
@Weske and Naijacutee.

Thanks for your response. I am waiting for more comments.

(1) (Reply)

Debt Freedom / Plastic Identity Card Business / Any Printer In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.