Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions (11733 Views)

EFCC Raids Abuja Bureaux De Change Offices / Falling Naira: EFCC Raids Bureau De Change Firms / Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by dre11(m): 6:30am On Feb 15, 2018
By Kunle Azeez

The Enforcement Unit of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) yesterday stormed the Ikoyi area of Lagos to clamp down on organisations in four locations, whose installations have been causing network interferences to service delivery on 9mobile network.

In the enforcement action, a bank with the name Page Microfinance Bank, GMT Energy Resources, Club 57 and a property on No 61, Ademola Street, Ikoyi were found as culprits creating the problem in the area.

However, while four locations were found by the enforcement team, only the first three were tracked as the team could not access the premises of the fourth location on No. 61, Ademola Street in Ikoyi.

The NCC’ raid, followed complaints received from 9mobile in respect of frequency interference it was having in its network, which has subjected a number of corporate and individual customers of the 9mobile to contending with debilitating service delivery on the mobile network.

Addressing the media after the enforcement exercise that lasted for hours, Head of Enforcement Unit at NCC, Mr. Salisu Abdu, who led the team from Abuja, said after a thorough search, the team was able to localise the culprits causing the network interference to the four locations. “We are in Lagos today in respect of a compliant we received from 9mobile 9mobile in respect of a frequency interference they are having in their network.

We have investigated the complaints and found that the interference signal was localised at four locations here in Lagos, particularly in Ikoyi axis. “We got all the locations. They are four.

Fortunately, we realised that they had all removed the equipment causing the interferences on 9mobile network following our initial notice earlier served them to desist from the use of GSM Boosters to jam network,” he said.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/02/ncc-raids-bank-others-9mobiles-service-disruptions/

lalasticlala
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by Blakjewelry(m): 6:39am On Feb 15, 2018
abeg they should check glo own to

6 Likes

Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by eTECTIVe(m): 7:04am On Feb 15, 2018
Blakjewelry:
abeg they should check glo own to

Glo's own is a spiritual problem... D marine kingdom is not happy with Glo for laying their mainone cables thru d Atlantic

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by miqos02(m): 7:33am On Feb 15, 2018
Wow
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 15, 2018
angry angry

When it was still Etisalat, there was no network disruption oo... Now that it is being run by Nigerians, they are now experiencing network disruption and raiding innocent banks... Too bad

Nigerian institutions always shifting blames and giving excuses for their failures.

11 Likes

Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by sapientia(m): 7:34am On Feb 15, 2018
Wow... thats cool.

But, when will they leave Abuja to investigate Customers complaint.

Airtel dont have a line to speak with an agent and what have you guys done about it?

1 Like

Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by misterchris(m): 7:34am On Feb 15, 2018
Raid ke?
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by georjay(m): 7:34am On Feb 15, 2018
okay o

but network never improve o
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by AishaBuhari: 7:35am On Feb 15, 2018
eTECTIVe:

Glo's own is a spiritual problem...
Lol
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by Jeromejnr(m): 7:35am On Feb 15, 2018
I hardly see 4g on my 9mobile these days. angry
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by Hardewarlee(m): 7:36am On Feb 15, 2018
Thank you my brother .... Even it's more than spiritual problem
AishaBuhari:

Lol
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by georjay(m): 7:36am On Feb 15, 2018
eTECTIVe:

All the way from Ijebu

1 Like

Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by LastSurvivor11: 7:37am On Feb 15, 2018
Poor Chinese Huawei equipments..

How can GSM booster be affecting only 9mobile signals while mtn, glo, and even airtel will be collolocating on the same site..
Come to common India, nobody talks about Calls, data or electricity anymore..

3 Likes

Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by nairavsdollars(f): 7:37am On Feb 15, 2018
Rubbish
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by kings09(m): 7:38am On Feb 15, 2018
sapientia:
Wow... thats cool.

But, when will they leave Abuja to investigate Customers complaint.

Airtel dont have a line to speak with an agent and what have you guys done about it?
Read before commenting na
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by yesloaded: 7:38am On Feb 15, 2018
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by Offpoint: 7:39am On Feb 15, 2018
So they can traced and tracked down devices that interferes' with network signal and yet they can't trace the cause of Glo disastrous network signal. it seems Glo don't just give a ratass about customers complains.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by Homeboiy: 7:41am On Feb 15, 2018
Me and 9 mobilestaffs are getting it hot on fb
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by babajero(m): 7:42am On Feb 15, 2018
Rubbish, everything about Nigeria is to blame and complain, why didn't Etisalat blame or complain of this rubbish. Just looking for who to blame for the poor management.

1 Like

Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by JaeSharp(m): 7:42am On Feb 15, 2018
K... U guys should help Glo too ooo... Is theirs also network interference or network miscarriage (if that word exists) cos my data will soon expire o

1 Like

Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by olahero(m): 7:45am On Feb 15, 2018
Kudos, you tried NCC.
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by yomalex(m): 7:45am On Feb 15, 2018
okay
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by SHAMONEYXL(m): 7:46am On Feb 15, 2018
pinnket:
angry angry

When it was still Etisalat, there was no network disruption oo... Now that it is being run by Nigerians, they are now experiencing network disruption and raiding innocent banks... Too bad

Nigerian institutions always shifting blames and giving excuses for their failures.
since those oyinbos left. 9mobile has been crap.

1 Like

Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by Homers123(m): 7:47am On Feb 15, 2018
Na only God fit sort Glo own out, money weybdem suppose take improve service dem don use am do advert, awon werey.

1 Like

Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by Ramon92: 7:49am On Feb 15, 2018
In the same vein, if NCC is reading this post, kindly look into similar situation currently in the Ijigba/ Kajola /Oda Road in Akure, Ondo state networks of MTN and Airtel.

The network is excellent during the day and by midnight but I've noticed that between 7-11pm every day, their Internet service becomes ridiculously appalling, I mean one can hardly load a page and the fact that it affects the two service providers at the same time/simultaneously is no coincidence.. This doesn't happen in other areas.

Make e no be say them terrorists de jam network transmit their own intelligence.

Kindly help us. Thanks
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by kevoh(m): 7:50am On Feb 15, 2018
pinnket:
angry angry

When it was still Etisalat, there was no network disruption oo... Now that it is being run by Nigerians, they are now experiencing network disruption and raiding innocent banks ... Too bad

The banks and other culprits might not be innocent as you think! We have experienced something similar to this at my workplace. These guys blatantly installed their antenna on our mast without any permission and we were busy troubleshooting why we could not have a link with our office for hours down below. angry
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by vital123: 8:09am On Feb 15, 2018
LastSurvivor11:
Poor Chinese Huawei equipments..

How can GSM booster be affecting only 9mobile signals while mtn, glo, and even airtel will be collolocating on the same site..
Come to common India, nobody talks about Calls, data or electricity anymore..
Each operator has a licensed frequency. They all operate on different frequencies.

1 Like

Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by nonye6194: 8:17am On Feb 15, 2018
Globacom own that is experienced nationally nkor?

abi not enough manpower to raid the whole country �
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by Blakjewelry(m): 8:23am On Feb 15, 2018
eTECTIVe:

lol
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by sapientia(m): 8:32am On Feb 15, 2018
kings09:
Read before commenting na

Who told you i did not. They did a nice work based on complaints from 9Mobile abi.

I have more than 4 with them that they ignored without a first response. So i stand by my post which i doubt you read.
Re: NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 15, 2018
pinnket:
angry angry

you go to school but school did not go through you. Although I agree that Nigerians have a way of running organisations in an unprofessional manner, in this instance, the problem is not the network or management,

The problem is people indiscriminately installing devices that interfere with the network, like frequency jamming devices. Frequency jamming devices are used by security operatives for instance when a high profile personality is in the vicinity, have you noticed those vans that follow the president wherever he goes with masts on them? they are jamming devices. It is common knowledge that when the Us president is in your midst your phone wont work. Some banks and security conscious organisations also use them so that your mobile devices wont work within their premises. I used to work for a company in Germany about 17 years ago where no mobile phone irrespective of netwrk worked withing the building....not even 1 bar absolutely no signal...step outside and full bars It seems some individuals have gotten their hands on them and as with everything Nigeria are using them indiscriminately such that it affects the signal for people within the area.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dredgers or Dredging Machine For Hire Or Rent In Lagos And Other Parts i Nigeria / Ice Block Making Machine / Make Money Selling Molfix Diapers,it's One Of The Fastest Selling Product In Nig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.