Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments (43417 Views)

Please, Which Forex Broker Accepts Naira For Trading? / Indriver Now Accepts ACHAN ID Cards For Registration Of Drivers / Meet Adebayo Ogunlesi Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by AreaFada2: 11:20am On Feb 15, 2018
sinkhole:
Britain wants to go the French way with Nigeria, only that Pound will not be at par with Naira embarassed
French franc was not at par with cefa before Euro came. It was pegged to francs and still pegged to Euro now.

Britain seeking to undercut EU by again gaining more advantage using colonial ties. While it reduces forex pressure on the Naira/ FG on paper, it could increase demand for British goods thereby increasing import dependence. Since forex will not be a restricting factor as much.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by seguno2: 11:20am On Feb 15, 2018
okito:
I think Britain has seen something in Nigeria we have not seen. Its about future prospects.

I laugh in English grin
A butcher is attracting a cow to its death but the senseless cow is convinced that the butcher loves it grin

4 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by bmaks: 11:24am On Feb 15, 2018
I don't know if I am the only not overtly excited about this offer, though I know it a Win-Win situation but i smell a TROJAN HORSE move here.....cos it says UK govt will provide 85% funding for projects with 20% British Content...... I know its not all that sweet and ROSY, dem no be father Christmas all of a sudden.... Can we ask "At which percentage of funds repatriation and at what profit sharing margin"?

I also foresee a range of silent corruption pact to be overlooked and encouraged between our POLITHIEFIANS and UK Govt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by paix(m): 11:24am On Feb 15, 2018
Achorise:
If its true, I will bath naked.
In the dust?
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by paix(m): 11:26am On Feb 15, 2018
lordraiden:
wicked grin.. You no even ask for car
He was considering the VALUE of the EXCHANGE, I believe.

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by Houseofglam7(f): 11:27am On Feb 15, 2018
chronique:

grin how can you be this wicked? Let's collect hair brush instead or toilet/tissue paper.
Izz not fair grin
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by Houseofglam7(f): 11:28am On Feb 15, 2018
paix:
He was considering the VALUE of the EXCHANGE, I believe.
cheesy
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by paix(m): 11:30am On Feb 15, 2018
olahero:
What a good deal, but Naira is in weakling situation.

We should be more focus on EXPORTation than to be IMPORTing with this advantage.
It won't be a lopsided business deal between the 2 countries.

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:33am On Feb 15, 2018
shallysgirl:
This kind of transactions wouldn't be cash.
i know was just messing around
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by emmie14: 11:33am On Feb 15, 2018
Another avenue for looting and fraud by government officials. British will soon withdraw interest on this initiative. The system is highly corrupt.
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by jolyment: 11:38am On Feb 15, 2018
Houseofglam7:
undecided
We want to do trade by barter..... we give you Buhari, you give us comb or mirror

You don't mean it.
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by chronique(m): 11:45am On Feb 15, 2018
Houseofglam7:

Izz not fair grin

Lol
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by shedy03(m): 11:47am On Feb 15, 2018
another APC achievement, huh! lol.
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by toyoC1(f): 12:05pm On Feb 15, 2018
This would surely widen the trade deficit between Nigeria and UK.
Compare 180million potential naija buyers against a mere 60million British...
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by Houseofglam7(f): 12:22pm On Feb 15, 2018
jolyment:

You don't mean it.

Ameanit grin
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by LaudableXX: 12:22pm On Feb 15, 2018
Okoroawusa:
British Government on Feb. 9, through its export credit agency, UK Export Finance (UKEF), said it would accept naira payments from Nigerian business owners trading with the UK.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1FT2AU

Ah, they have just decided to resuscitate what they used to do in the past. I heard that shops in Shepherd's Bush in London, used to accept Nigerian Naira as payment for their goods, anytime our Naija people went shopping. cheesy In those days, exchange rate was low, and naira was even stronger than the US Dollar from what I heard....

Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by LaudableXX: 12:24pm On Feb 15, 2018
AreaFada2:
French franc was not at par with cefa before Euro came. It was pegged to francs and still pegged to Euro now.

Britain seeking to undercut EU by again gaining more advantage using colonial ties. While it reduces forex pressure on the Naira/ FG on paper, it could increase demand for British goods thereby increasing import dependence. Since forex will not be a restricting factor as much.
Very true!! sad

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by Troublemaker007(m): 12:43pm On Feb 15, 2018
Houseofglam7:
undecided
We want to do trade by barter..... we give you Buhari, you give us comb or mirror

Lmfao

Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2018
If I know that my product will be paid for in my customers' local currency and in his country, then, it means that those customers can now conveniently pay for my goods without bottlenecks. Thereby, cutting away minimizing competition. The implications of this move if you think of it, are: 1.More Uk industries may now start to spring up in nigeria and 2. This may attract other countries, like the US, to design a similar strategy. But overall, this is good news.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by ademusiwa3r: 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
i]imghttp://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.1731281!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_620/image.jpg[/img]
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:24pm On Feb 15, 2018
It is a double edged sword: on the one hand it would facilitate businesses of those who traditionally import British goods and may on the other hand hurt our trade balance by encouraging more importation of British goods.
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by Mickeydray(m): 1:46pm On Feb 15, 2018
Please I need your criticisms and views on this post (permit me if it too long)
I am submitting it for a competition.

The theme is the Rise and Fall of Humanity

HUBRIS

"Humans cannot live without stories, we surround ourselves with them- history hath bestowed them upon us."

The General walked in, his AK-47 hanged over his neck. He saluted his commander, who seems to be studying; he complained about the sudden switch in the army's air invasion from RAF to London, before he could finish, another General walked in and lamented to the Commander on the side effect on their economy if they attack Russia.
The Commander was at a cross road; he was at war with Britain, declared war on USA, underestimated Russia and he had just lost over 250 000 of his troops due to lack of equipment and preparation. He wished he hadn't started all these, he had led hundreds of thousands of youth to their death but he had killed more ( The Holocaust).
Jozef Stalin, Ismail Enver Pasha, Mengistu Haile Mariam, Kim II Sung, Leopold II of Belgium, Pol Pot, Hidek Tojo, Mao Zeding and Adolf Hitler, what do these great men have in common? We will be taking a look at that very soon

Herodotus in 490 BC with 10 000 men and his alies defeated the Great Persian army three times of their size. He discovered that humanity did not rise and fall because of social, economic or political forces. The greatest mistake made by Humanity was the Sin of Hubris.
“ we have met the enemy, he is us”

Hubris is the outrageous arrogance that marks the abuse of power. This is the sin Jozef Stalin, Ismail Enver Pasha, Mengistu Haile Mariam, Kim II Sung, Leopold II of Belgium, Pol Pot, Hidek Tojo, Mao Zeding and Adolf Hitler committed.

Man has been in dominion since the beginning of creation, but our moral blindness has made us believe we can do anything and there will be no consequences either from God or Man. This was the same thought that was going through the minds of those great villains of history.

Environmental degradation, Racism, lust for power and other social vices has made man the most dangerous animal in the Food chain, we don't care what or who gets hurt as long as we are on top.

On the bright side!
Our rise and fall is all preparation for better things as we learn from our mistakes and errors. Humanity has witnessed the rise and fall of monarchy, dictatorship, feudalism and communism. This is the theme for the evolution of life to continue, sweeping all that does not yield into perfection.

#Daviddray
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by hokafor(m): 1:56pm On Feb 15, 2018
Anything that comes from British government is a Greek gift.
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by Okoroawusa: 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2018
omenkaLives:
Op, you're quite lazy sha.
Here, let me help you.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by jolyment: 2:32pm On Feb 15, 2018
Houseofglam7:

Ameanit grin

That's hilarious.
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by Icon79(m): 3:13pm On Feb 15, 2018
How can they accept naira when naira isn't convertible? I don't know if I'd buy this story.

O pari

Okoroawusa:
British Government on Feb. 9, through its
export credit agency, UK Export Finance
(UKEF), said it would accept naira payments
from Nigerian business owners trading with
the UK.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1FT2AU
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by zakari247(m): 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
this is trap Nigeria and Nigerians are about to fall in if we do no trade carefully. imagine you buy a range roved and Nigerian government will pay the difference meaning we are all paying the difference as Nigerians because a man decided to buy from the Britain. look this nonsense Britain is bringing now is to make us pay for their living and luxury. yes they want to accept naira because they everything to gain given our market. this is a coy to allow every British goods to flood our market and make are people become unattracted to local goods when we are starting to get use to them. Nigerians raise ur voice against this for this is coming to destroy our local industry. Britain is preparing for a second colonisation of Africa. first they will start with the economy.
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by zakari247(m): 6:02pm On Feb 15, 2018
musicwriter:
I have said many times on this forum you would see these moves from Britain as they plan to exit the European Union. The only way they'll survive is return their former colonies to some sort of slavery. This is part of a long term policy to re-invent colonialism in Africa. What they're trying to achieve is the type of economic control France have on their former colonies. See it is time to abolish the commonwealth www.africason.com/2016/08/its-time-to-abolish-commonwealth-of.html
There's a link therein explaining how France still control finance in their former colonies.
God bless your reasoning
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by omoiyamayor(m): 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2018
UK government helping us with fOREX problem,what a class.
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 15, 2018
Evil people they're all getting scared now,why now?they'll all soon start talking every currencies they're all becoming afraid of crypto currencies they're now trying to preserve their dying sterling.

They can't push people around anymore,the whole world government are getting scared now.

Crypto currencies are here to stay.
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by Bevima: 7:07pm On Feb 15, 2018
This move right here is gonna increase the value of Naira with time. Insha Allah
Re: United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments by omooat: 7:20pm On Feb 15, 2018
zakari247:
this is trap Nigeria and Nigerians are about to fall in if we do no trade carefully. imagine you buy a range roved and Nigerian government will pay the difference meaning we are all paying the difference as Nigerians because a man decided to buy from the Britain. look this nonsense Britain is bringing now is to make us pay for their living and luxury. yes they want to accept naira because they everything to gain given our market. this is a coy to allow every British goods to flood our market and make are people become unattracted to local goods when we are starting to get use to them. Nigerians raise ur voice against this for this is coming to destroy our local industry. Britain is preparing for a second colonisation of Africa. first they will start with the economy.
Which local industry are you referring to? There is no local industry in Nigeria. If Nigerians want to survive, let competition begin!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars / Top 10 Richest And Poorest Countries Of The World: Nigeria? / Photos From Dangote's 59th Birthday Party In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.