Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,673 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead (11649 Views)

Vincent Danture Is Dead: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Mourns Channels TV Reporter / Reno Speaks On Video Of Uncompleted Ogwashi-Ukwu Dam PMB said was Commissioned / Burial Of Boy Killed During Demolition Of Eke-Ukwu Market In Owerri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by NaijaCover(m): 11:25am On Feb 15, 2018
@ Dot Com

Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu, Education Commissioner in the defunct East Central State is dead.

Ukwu, an economist and former Executive Director, Centre for Development Research, Management and Training, died in an Enugu hospital on Feb. 12 at the age of 84, after a brief illness.

The wife of the deceased, Comfort, confirmed the demise of the educationist on Thursday in Enugu in an interview with NAN.

Comfort told NAN that Ukwu died at Niger Foundation Hospital, Enugu.

“Our father and my husband passed on two days ago, precisely Monday, at the Niger Foundation Hospital, Enugu, where he had been receiving treatment for some time now.

“It is devastating to the family as a whole as well as associates, students and those he had been mentoring for something now,’’ Comfort said.

Ukwu’s Personnel Assistant, Mr. Sylvester Kelechi, told NAN that the professor emeritus died, on Monday, at about 3:30 p.m.

“The entire family is yet to meet officially over his death and there is no arrangement yet for his burial,’’ Kelechi said.

Kelechi said that Chief Martin Elechi, the former governor of Ebonyi, visited on Tuesday and condoned with the family.

Elechi was a cabinet member with Ukwu, in the defunct East Central State government, led by Mr. Ukpabi Asika, as the Administrator.

The family of the deceased opened a condolence register on Wednesday, while 15 people had already signed.

Born on December 3, 1934, he attended St. Stephen School, Umuahia from 1940 to 1946.

From 1949 to 1953, he was at Aggrey Memorial College, Arochukwu, and at University of Ibadan from1956 to 1961.

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/prof-ukwu-ex-education-commissioner-in-east-central-state-is-dead/

Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by 1bunne4lif(m): 11:35am On Feb 15, 2018
I can't even recall the last time I'm FTC. anyway, may his soul rest in peace
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by cinoedhunter: 11:36am On Feb 15, 2018
Life as we know it
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by Rexnegro(m): 11:36am On Feb 15, 2018
May his soul rest well.... I pray for his family to have the fortitude to bear his lost

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by Victorakats(m): 11:36am On Feb 15, 2018
Painful!
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by churchkilo(m): 11:37am On Feb 15, 2018
Oh my God. That was my lecturer. RIP Prof.
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by livinus009(m): 11:37am On Feb 15, 2018
May the soul find peace on the lord's Bossom
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by biggerboyc(m): 11:40am On Feb 15, 2018
Please if anyone is looking for roommate in Lagos I have someone who wants to pair or a cheap room
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by oyetunder(m): 11:40am On Feb 15, 2018
we wont be here forever. We have events to remind us all to do good for humanity while we are still here.
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by kolawoleibukun: 11:45am On Feb 15, 2018
this man don die? sorry to the family oh

I wish there will be a forum to reach out to parents and families of the victims of Herdsmen massacre.
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by ShitHead(m): 11:46am On Feb 15, 2018
He taught me in my Final year. Very sound, like very very sound in Economic Development and Public Poicy.

May his soul rest in peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by debbie(f): 11:47am On Feb 15, 2018
One of the interllectually sound professors in igbo land

5 Likes

Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:47am On Feb 15, 2018
So Painful, God Have Mercy On Us
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by Jackipapa: 11:56am On Feb 15, 2018
“It is devastating to the family as a whole as well as associates, students and those he had been mentoring for something now,’’ Comfort said.

I am not understanding!
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by buharitill2023: 11:59am On Feb 15, 2018
Rexnegro:
May his soul rest well.... I pray for his family to have the fortitude to bear his lost
you are still praying for fortitude to bear the lost of 84yrs old.?

The only prayer should be to rest in peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by wink2015(m): 12:16pm On Feb 15, 2018
post=65084734:
@ Dot Com

Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu, Education Commissioner in the defunct East Central State is dead.

Ukwu, an economist and former Executive Director, Centre for Development Research, Management and Training, died in an Enugu hospital on Feb. 12 at the age of 84, after a brief illness.

The wife of the deceased, Comfort, confirmed the demise of the educationist on Thursday in Enugu in an interview with NAN.

Comfort told NAN that Ukwu died at Niger Foundation Hospital, Enugu.

“Our father and my husband passed on two days ago, precisely Monday, at the Niger Foundation Hospital, Enugu, where he had been receiving treatment for some time now.

Ukwu’s Personnel Assistant, Mr. Sylvester Kelechi, told NAN that the professor emeritus died, on Monday, at about 3:30 p.m.

“The entire family is yet to meet officially over his death and there is no arrangement yet for his burial,’’ Kelechi said.

Kelechi said that Chief Martin Elechi, the former governor of Ebonyi, visited on Tuesday and condoned with the family.

Elechi was a cabinet member with Ukwu, in the defunct East Central State government, led by Mr. Ukpabi Asika, as the Administrator.

The family of the deceased opened a condolence register on Wednesday, while 15 people had already signed.

Born on December 3, 1934, he attended St. Stephen School, Umuahia from 1940 to 1946.

From 1949 to 1953, he was at Aggrey Memorial College, Arochukwu, and at University of Ibadan from1956 to 1961.

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/prof-ukwu-ex-education-commissioner-in-east-central-state-is-dead/

Igbo seems to like this "LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON NAMING SYSTEM"

His kind of name as given to him by his parent tend to reminds me of Senator AYIM PIUS AYIM, Former President of the Senate.

His name sound funny as in " AYIM AYIM" which the senate president stylishly refraimed to bear AYIM PIUS AYIM

UKWU UKWU take the salute, you deserve it no shaking.

People with funny style of name.
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by DonDiego(m): 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2018
Prof. Ukwu was my teacher at UNEC, one of my best ever teachers. May his urbane, erudite and gentle soul rest in peae, amen. embarassed
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by OKUCHI11(m): 12:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
RIP SIR ....I hope to be a Professor someday.... so help me God
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by OKUCHI11(m): 12:41pm On Feb 15, 2018
wink2015:

Igbo seems to like this "LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON NAMING SYSTEM"

His kind of name as given to him by his parent tend to reminds me of Senator AYIM PIUS AYIM, Former President of the Senate.

His name sound funny as in " AYIM AYIM" which the senate president stylishly refraimed to bear AYIM PIUS AYIM

UKWU UKWU take the salute, you deserve it no shaking.

People with funny style of name.
..how about KANAYO .O. KANAYO
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by Lilimax(f): 12:47pm On Feb 15, 2018
OKUCHI11:
..how about KANAYO .O. KANAYO
How about Professor Kalu Idika Kalu and
Professor Anya O Anyasmiley
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by LEXYCOM: 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2018
thank God, nextttttttt undecided
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by HarryDuce(m): 12:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
Rip...
Who is he BTW?
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by supereagle(m): 1:17pm On Feb 15, 2018
I have come across Ama U Ama.
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by bikefab(m): 1:33pm On Feb 15, 2018
So sad...this man taught me Eco 315 and 316, first and second semesters. Then 415 and 416. RIP sir.
Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by pword: 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2018
How about my humble self " Akputa Dickson Akputa" these re people from Abia north and Ebonyi south, they Ve same culture.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu Is Dead by MisterSols(m): 2:42pm On Feb 15, 2018
The name tho
RIP to the dead

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill For Third Reading / Enugu Govt Appoints Former IGP, Onovo, As Security Consultant / Leave Tompolo Or We Will Help America Fulfill Its Prediction-Buhari Warned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.