Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister (23517 Views)

Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. / Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal / Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by Cromagnon: 6:33pm On Feb 15, 2018
IamPatriotic:
Buhari should toll the same honourable path and give room to young, vibrant, educated, social and digital young Nigeria(s)
like who
you ppl want to jump from frying pan to fire abi
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by goshen26: 6:37pm On Feb 15, 2018
Not in my country

Awon constituted authority

2 Likes

Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by Misscaring(f): 6:52pm On Feb 15, 2018
If only our leaders could follow suite
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by rhektor(m): 7:05pm On Feb 15, 2018
South African president resigned, Ethiopian prime minister resigned. When will corrupt government officials ( polithiefians) in Nigeria in fact west Africa begin resignation?
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by franudi: 7:15pm On Feb 15, 2018
If Buhari can resign......
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 15, 2018
They're diding it..
BUHARI YOUR TURN GO AND DID IT OOOO cheesy
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by Henryfour(m): 10:20pm On Feb 15, 2018
ZombieBuster:

Can somebody buy this guy food
I swear he need am die,kai hunger bad
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by buharitill2023: 10:43pm On Feb 15, 2018
tiwiex:

You are a nationalist. Yet you identify with a part of the country and call others who don't idiotic pigs? Ok oh.
I am from south south and a pastor, and I am supporting a man from north and a fanatic Muslim.
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by buharitill2023: 10:47pm On Feb 15, 2018
maestroferddi:
If only Buhari can hear....
to do what?
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by InvertedHammer: 11:22pm On Feb 15, 2018
No President will ever resign in Nigeria because Nigerians are clowns. In the most serious of all situations, they turn it into jokes and memes. When the dust settles, they'd prefer to migrate to other countries that fought a hard battle, then wonder why they are being persecuted. If you cannot fight for your rights in your country, nobody will...not even UN.
Nigerians are more comfortable being pests and parasites.

/

1 Like

Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by slivertongue: 11:41pm On Feb 15, 2018
[quote author= post=65090617]South Africa on my mind

Apt. wisdom of solomon
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by Ugonna5500(m): 12:31am On Feb 16, 2018
Correct Monkey, see as him head be
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by adegeye38(m): 12:40am On Feb 16, 2018
post=65090617:
South Africa on my mind

AS SOUTH AFRICA SHAMED NIGERIA YET AGAIN...
Jacob Zuma, the embattled President of South Africa, has resigned. But that is not the news.

I carefully followed the events that led to Jacob Zuma's exit and the whole thing lasted less than FIVE days. Again, that is not news.

But note these:

* In the build-up to Zuma's exit, no one played the ETHNIC card. His place of birth in South Africa did NOT matter.

* Again, RELIGION was not an issue. Nobody even remembered he bore a Christian name.

* The party was more interested in saving its NAME and LEGACY, than saving Zuma.

* Zuma did not deploy police and army to seal off the venue of the ANC meeting and teargas his party members.

* There was no rented crowd at the ANC secretariat singing Zuma's praise and trolling Cyril Ramaphosa.

* It was NOT even ANC that reiterated the supremacy of the party, it was Zuma himself.

Like I wrote earlier in the week, politics is played everywhere. It can be fun and interesting. But is it played FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE SOCIETY. IT IS TO IMPROVE THE HUMAN CONDITION.

But here, ours is for the self, our family and cronies and people of our ethnic and religious backgrounds.

IN NIGERIA, IF A PRESIDENT GRABS THE GUN OF HIS POLICE ORDERLY AND SHOOTS A CITIZEN, or DOES ANY VISIBLY DESECRATING ACT SOME OF US WILL STILL DEFEND HIM.

Were it to be Nigeria, Zuma would not leave office. Never. He and his supporters could throw up all sorts of mundane excuses to remain in office.

** Do you now see why Toyota, Mazda, Daimler Chrysler, BMW, Volkswagen and so on all have Assembly plants in South Africa?

** Do you now see why they generate almost 40,000 megawatts and we are calling thanksgiving service for 7,000 megawatts?

** Do you now see why they successfully hosted the World Cup?

** Do you know why our citizens rush there?

South Africa has again showed that it is NOT about the black man. We are not intellectually inferior to the white man. Something is just fundamentally wrong with Nigeria and its LEADERSHIP MANAGEMENT.

And that thing is INSTITUTIONS. Both at governmental and non-governmental levels.

As long as we produce LEADERS that we MAKE STRONGER than our INSTITUTIONS, we will NEVER make progress!

No be curse...
Nice write up bro, you are d first person have seen that share my mind, i will always insist that it is practically impossible for our society to produce credible leader, cos the societies its self is soundly rooted in corruption, greed and selfishness, corruption has become a culture, the who system aid and abette it, zero institutions to prevent it, and its been perpetrated across all forms, Elected office holders, Career officers ,civil service, armed forces, academics, justice, business men, contractors so and so forth, plus illiteracy, ignorance foolishness, ethnic bigotries, religious sentiments and so on, Nigerian problems run very deep, but if there will be a change it must come from within, Nigeria is one of the most naturally endowed and wealthy country in the world, it has every thing it needs to be d most developed in the world

but the people are one are one of a kind

even d foundation of d country was faulty, it never should have been one country, it should atleast have been four countries

Luggard was just fufilling a devilish plan, with that stupid amalgamation
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by adegeye38(m): 12:41am On Feb 16, 2018
post=65090617:
South Africa on my mind

AS SOUTH AFRICA SHAMED NIGERIA YET AGAIN...
Jacob Zuma, the embattled President of South Africa, has resigned. But that is not the news.

I carefully followed the events that led to Jacob Zuma's exit and the whole thing lasted less than FIVE days. Again, that is not news.

But note these:

* In the build-up to Zuma's exit, no one played the ETHNIC card. His place of birth in South Africa did NOT matter.

* Again, RELIGION was not an issue. Nobody even remembered he bore a Christian name.

* The party was more interested in saving its NAME and LEGACY, than saving Zuma.

* Zuma did not deploy police and army to seal off the venue of the ANC meeting and teargas his party members.

* There was no rented crowd at the ANC secretariat singing Zuma's praise and trolling Cyril Ramaphosa.

* It was NOT even ANC that reiterated the supremacy of the party, it was Zuma himself.

Like I wrote earlier in the week, politics is played everywhere. It can be fun and interesting. But is it played FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE SOCIETY. IT IS TO IMPROVE THE HUMAN CONDITION.

But here, ours is for the self, our family and cronies and people of our ethnic and religious backgrounds.

IN NIGERIA, IF A PRESIDENT GRABS THE GUN OF HIS POLICE ORDERLY AND SHOOTS A CITIZEN, or DOES ANY VISIBLY DESECRATING ACT SOME OF US WILL STILL DEFEND HIM.

Were it to be Nigeria, Zuma would not leave office. Never. He and his supporters could throw up all sorts of mundane excuses to remain in office.

** Do you now see why Toyota, Mazda, Daimler Chrysler, BMW, Volkswagen and so on all have Assembly plants in South Africa?

** Do you now see why they generate almost 40,000 megawatts and we are calling thanksgiving service for 7,000 megawatts?

** Do you now see why they successfully hosted the World Cup?

** Do you know why our citizens rush there?

South Africa has again showed that it is NOT about the black man. We are not intellectually inferior to the white man. Something is just fundamentally wrong with Nigeria and its LEADERSHIP MANAGEMENT.

And that thing is INSTITUTIONS. Both at governmental and non-governmental levels.

As long as we produce LEADERS that we MAKE STRONGER than our INSTITUTIONS, we will NEVER make progress!

No be curse...
Nice write up bro, you are d first person have seen that share my mind, i will always insist that it is practically impossible for our society to produce credible leader, cos the societies its self is soundly rooted in corruption, greed and selfishness, corruption has become a culture, the who system aid and abette it, zero institutions to prevent it, and its been perpetrated across all forms, Elected office holders, Career officers ,civil service, armed forces, academics, justice, business men, contractors so and so forth, plus illiteracy, ignorance foolishness, ethnic bigotries, religious sentiments and so on, Nigerian problems run very deep, but if there will be a change it must come from within, Nigeria is one of the most naturally endowed and wealthy country in the world, it has every thing it needs to be d most developed in the world

but the people are one are one of a kind

even d foundation of d country was faulty, it never should have been one country, it should atleast have been four countries

Luggard was just fufilling a devilish plan, with that stupid amalgamation.

may God help us o
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 16, 2018
ednited:

God help us, I don't know what's next
Do you fear that things will get worse after this? And who do you personally prefer for the new PM job?
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by neveryou: 1:13am On Feb 16, 2018
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by degamemaster(m): 3:09am On Feb 16, 2018
CollinsWeGlobe:
Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe "did it", Jacob Zuma of South Africa has also "did it" and within a few hours Ethiopia's Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn has also "did it". Is the wave of "did it" who is next?

Lalasticlala, God will hear our prayer this year.
The dullard from daura should follow suit and save the country from further embarrassment, "shame" his critics and also save the world from his disastrous tsunami that his herdsmen have planned to unleash on innocent Nigerians. As for his integrity, he actually never had any so there's no way I can add that now. #BUHARIMUSTGOBACKTODAURA
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by ednited(f): 6:22am On Feb 16, 2018
Hati13:

Do you fear that things will get worse after this? And who do you personally prefer for the new PM job?

I hope for the best. You know the govt is not just the problem, if our people won't sit and think about what they are doing, the government leaving won't solve it all. Things could get better but the tribe thing is a huge prob. I would refer no PM from the current government. We need a transitional government
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by maestroferddi: 7:50am On Feb 16, 2018
buharitill2023:
to do what?
To release people like you from the familiar spirit of zombieism and Stockholm syndrome.
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by buharitill2023: 8:03am On Feb 16, 2018
maestroferddi:
To release people like you from the familiar spirit of zombieism and Stockholm syndrome.
buhari remained the best president in Africa, in less than 3yrs,he has given enough dose to terrorist like idiotic pigs of Biafra, boko haram and militant
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by robosky02(m): 10:18am On Feb 16, 2018
watin for Nigerias version of ''did it"
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by robosky02(m): 10:19am On Feb 16, 2018
ednated please keep me updated
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by ednited(f): 12:43pm On Feb 16, 2018
robosky02:
ednated please keep me updated

Okay Robo
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by maestroferddi: 1:35pm On Feb 16, 2018
buharitill2023:
buhari remained the best president in Africa, in less than 3yrs,he has given enough dose to terrorist like idiotic pigs of Biafra, boko haram and militant
Please go back to school and give enslavement to Buhari some kind of break...
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 16, 2018
ednited:

I hope for the best. You know the govt is not just the problem, if our people won't sit and think about what they are doing, the government leaving won't solve it all. Things could get better but the tribe thing is a huge prob. I would refer no PM from the current government. We need a transitional government
I also believe that some of the ppl are creating problems. They are destroying property and negatively affecting the economy. Transitional government should be established, but it seems unlikely for now.
Re: Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister by ednited(f): 6:35pm On Feb 16, 2018
Hati13:

I also believe that some of the ppl are creating problems. They are destroying property and negatively affecting the economy. Transitional government should be established, but it seems unlikely for now.

It's very confusing, lets just see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'It Will Be Nuclear War If The West Send Ground Troops To Ukraine' - Putin / British MPs Vote Against Brexit Deal / Women’s Rights Protesters Beaten By Taliban Members In Kabul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.