Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer (4503 Views)

Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) / MURDERER by the freelancer / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by Nobody: 2:22am On Feb 16, 2018
THE TRIP BACK HOME

"Are you sure, you are going to be okay?" lilian asked as she starred softly at michael who sat in the airplane seat opposite her
"yeah, of course am going to be okay,i should be the one askiung you if you gonna be up for this?" michael said reassuredly with a smile
"oh i am up this, its my job to be okay with everyone , you married a publicist ,remember" she said as she knotted her hands in michael's own who
smiled at her more.
"oh, i forgot that already,and him? , i know he has been having a hard time ever since you know, i just hope he is going to be okay" michael said as his smile seemd
to drop into thoughts.
"about danny ,umh listen i didnt want to tell you because you know you have been having this projects at your company, i didnt want to disturb you about
it you know...." she paused for a while as her eyes caught hold of this anxiety that lingered in michael's eyes now she had paused , though she wish she hadnt brought it up
but she had to , now.
"he started drawing again, the nanny caught him scribbling it on the wall with his crayons a week ago......"
"wait, what? you mean danny started drawing again any no one told me about this,sweetie come on , you could have told me or something
you make me feel bad about it already and i thought it was getting better" michael said as he starred at his twelve year old who was sleeping comfortably
at the back seat.
"yeah i thought so but i dont know and there is something else....." lilian had gotten her cell phone, scrolled through her gallry and had handed the phone to michael who took it
confusingly and starred for a moment before expressing a sign of been uncomfortable at what he had seen; a match stick figure of three people visibly representing a man and a woman been held
by a child drawn with black crayon ,what made him uncomfortable was the disfigured cariture head of the father.
"i dont know what to say lily, you should have told me something,we would be going on this trip then, i am worried about it , first were the black forest he keeps drawing
and now he starts drawing stuff like this?" michael said as he returned the phone back to lilian .
"i know, but you have talked and prepared so mcuh for this trip,i just didnt want to make you feel bad or something, the therapist says he will get over it,
they clearly dont mean anything whatsoever, okay?" lilian said as she clinched to his hands warmly before putting a perk on his cheek.
he had hoped things would be okay with daniel over the thing, his son's consistent shady drawings of forest which he practically drew on everyday and everything
had began to worry them and no sooner had the school asked both parents to sign him up for therapist to help the little boy over come the unsual habit had they
done so which had yielded positive results until now apparently , hopefully things were going to be better again and like his beautiful wife had told him ,he will get
over it anyway he held his excitement all this while , the excitment of coming home .
twenty six years had gone by already, the little boy who was brought abroad by his uncle was now a man bringing his family back home, he had been
surprise about his wife , a white at that had agreed to come down with him , he breathed and dreamed about this for long now and in a few hours he would be back home.

HOME

"hah i cant belive my eyes!" Mazi ojiefor hugged Michael tigthly for a few minutes as others trobbed around the couple, as soon as they aligthed from the audi which
had been driven by one of michael's cousins to receive them from the murtala mohammed airport.
"chai, look at you all grown up, see how handsome and fine the whites have made you look" his mother danced around the spacious compound which he himself
had sent money back then to be constructed.
"mama, you are getting old already and you are still dancing like this" Michael said for a moment as he and his wife watched in mixed excitment and pure euphoria.
"my wife , come and hug me" mama michael said for moment as lilian oblidgbed , hugging her and even giving the old woman a litle perk on the cheeks on whcih every one in the compound
cheered to.
The couple and their son had had a room prepared for them already , more furnished extravangantly to suit them ,he had planned so mucht for the two weeks stay .
The family consisting of michael's cousins ,their wives and children had prepared a feast for them as people from all around came to see and celebrate his home coming.
"it tastes good hmm" lilian said as she chewed hard on the dried antelope meat before swallowing it down with some palm wine as they sat under a little tree in the big compound.
"i told you so, my people are so good with these, good meat , good drinks its a good combination" he said as he smiled at her affectionately.
"what?..why are you starring like you won a million dollar or so mething" she asked jokingly as she observed him closely.
"oh i promise you that even a million bucks doesnt compare to you, you know you made this all possible, thank you so much, i really wanted this for a long time
, its been so long since this happened" he said again in all sincerity as he drew her closely to him .
"awww, its okay sweetie , well you may not have said it, but it was written all over your face like forever , i figured this is something you really needed to do
and i am glad you like it" she said as both kissed each other passionately for a long time.
"what about him, i havent seen him outside his room" michael asked like a jolt had rushed through him.
"oh he is in the room, i fgured he needed some time to get some things out of his mind or so , he is playing video games last time i checked on him,he will be alright" lillian added as she sensed the worry
in michael's voice.
"hmmm, poor kid, i hope he enjoys his stay you know its not just about me its about him getting to know where he came from, you know his roots, this is his home too" michael added as he chewed the well dried meat
lillian had stuffed in his mouth for a moment.
"dont worry honey, he is going to be okay" lillian said again before relaxing deep into Michael's arms as they stare at the clear blue sky filled with bright sparkling stars.
"Uncle michael !..come quickly!!" Chigozie the eldest of the two cousins had rushed out from the building and headed straight for the two.
"chigo..what?..what has happened !" Michael asked confusingly and concerned as both he and lilian starred at him.
"eh...please come, its your son, come take a look , he has this drawings all over his body,please come!" he said as all three left immediately
for the room, which a few others were now standing at the door front as each tried to peep into the room to see what had happened.
"oh God, not this again" Michael said as he shook his hand in disappointment whilst lilian had taken the marker pen from daniel's hand who starred with no ounce of expression
"chigozie, please get everyone back , its alright i can asssure you, he is just a kid , you know how kids play" michael had immeidately told chigozie who nodded and walked out of the room with everyone else.
"danny, hey kiddo, you shouldnt be doing this son" michael said as lilian went straight for the bathroom to get some clean water to clean him up.
"they..they made me do it" Daniel said as he pointed to one of the windows which was left open , michael starred at the window for a while before nodding his head in disappointment.
"there is no one out there plus you have been doing this for like forever, i though you had gotten past this " michael said as he smiled softly tugging his son close
to his chest for a moement while he starred at the window with some concern.
"dad, we shouldnt be here, they will come for ...." daniel hadnt finsihed hios statement before lilian had interrrupted him.
"danny, hey come over, lets get you cleaned up now and maybe next time you can draw on something other than your flesh" she said as sher starred at michael whose expression had bore some worry.
Michael had turned his stare to the window before his eyes immediately caught hold of something that looked like a person walk past the window which took him aback
for a moment before qucikly he had decided to go check who might hvae been at the window.
He walked up to the open window and peered through only to find nothing but the fruit trees whose branches moved up and down as the cold chilling winds blew.
, the cold chills the wind brought made him ominous as he tried to peer into the darkness which unfortuantely the light bulbs could not prevent. his eyes moved steadily from one tree to another as the feeling of been watched
began to haunt him quickly, his eyes had soon settled on a several dark shadows which seemd to be like people standing on the trees
, he imagined as he winced his eyes to get a better view of the unexplainable shadowy figures.
"hey sweetie, mind helping me clean him up, i would like to take my bath now" lilian called from the bathroom which came like a surprise as he turned swiftly at her.
"hey honey , would you come take a look at this, i dont know...." he had soon stopped as he suddenly realized the shadowy figure he had seen a while ago was not there anymore.
"you were saying?" lilian asked.
"oh nothing dear, just saw some bird flew by , thats all" he smiled at her as he locked the windows and walked up to daniel, he had wanted to press the boy for more but he knew he would never get anything from the kid
concerning his drawings except he said it himsel and perhaps it was nothing , his mind was toying with him probably he shook it off his mind quickly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by Nobody: 2:24am On Feb 16, 2018
MEMORIES

Michael starred in fright the ominous and frigthening surrouding he found himself, the trees were massive , wild and dense as he tried to find his way out,
his occassional call for anyone had not been useful as the ghostly quietness of this thick dark and gritty vegetation was now getting the best of him, he starred at all direction for a sign of road or life but found none as he ran through the forest
gasping for air , he was run ning so hard suddenly before he noticed he was now been chased by something so scarry and unnerving he started to cry as he ran for his life whislt screaming for help, he had soon hide at the back of a huge tree as he tried to
take a closer look at what was chasing him, he soon carefully peeped from his hiding spot only to find nothing even the sudden darkness in the forest made him more scarred as he breathed heavily.
his ears immeidtaely picked up a creepling crowling sound which he could not pin to a particular place as he became more frantic.
then just as soon as the sound had become too close it suddenly died again thus the erring cold chilling silence followed again, he sat back again breathing hevaily, he didnt understand what was happening to him ,nothing made sense to him , perhaps this was just a dream
he said as he looked around again in fear, suddenly an erring feeling of been watched again had come over him again as he raised his head to see .........
"michael,wake up!..michael wake up!!" lilian tugged him as hard as she could as he got up terrified to death of the dream he was in.
"michael!....danny , something is wrong!" she cried as she shook danny who slept on the single bed opposite theirs.
"what!?...Danny?..whats wrong!, lilian whats wrong?" he asked as his senses kicked in finally he had been waken up by lilian because of their son.
"i dont know , michael , i heard him screaming and i woke up and tried to wake up him up but he isnt waking up,michael am scarred" she said almost crying as michael rushed towards his wife and son , knocks had soon
came hard on the door ,they too had heard the screams too.
michael held danny in his arms as he tried to make him open his eyes whilst lilian rushed to open the door.
"whats happening , we heard screams" CHigozie came in as did a few members of the house including michael's mother.
"whats happening!...whats happening!!" michael mother rushed towards michael who held danny in his arms as lilian rushed also towards father and son .
"he is not waking up, he is breathing fine but i dont know, he is not waking up,his eyes are tightly shut , i cant get him to open his eyes" mcihael complained sympathetically as he looked at both his mother and wife.
"what do you mean he is not waking , whats happening!" michael's mother exclaimed as she bent to take a closer look at the little boy.
"chigozie, go get the keys , we are going to the hospital immeidiately" michael said quickly as he carried danny up into his arms and made his way out.
The drive to the hospital was over an hour and more , the little village had a single general hospital which was located far at the outskirts of the village,they had soon rushed danny into the emergency ward as the medical
pratitioners tried to get him to open his eyes.
"what do you mean , you dont know whats happening to him" charged michael at thye doctor who came to explain what was happening.
"i dont know sir, for some reason your child, isnt waking up, we have injected with enough epinephrine to shoot back his heart and senses to life but his body is not responding to anything we are trying, it seems he doenst want to wake,
he is in a state of a deep sleep like coma ,sir" the doctor stressed as much as he could .
"i dont understand, what are you saying, that danny is gonna remain like this?" lilian asked as he starred at michael who seemd frustrated at the moment.
"well we dont know what is happening right now,we have no name to call what is happening to your son , we dont know how or when he is going to come out of this dee sleep
but we are monitoring his vitals and will commence running a few tests now" the doctor said before leaving.
"he is going to be alright, i promise you" michael said as he walked back to be with his wife who was visibly shaken by the news as did the other family members.
the night had quickly passed away as both husband and wife cuddled on the chairs that served visitors, they soon woke up after which they were allowed to check danny whose conditon still remained unchanged.
"i dont get it! there's nothing like this , i checked the internet its unheard off!" lilian said as she sat on the bed which danny laid on.
"maybe we shoudl have come , i knew something stupid was going to happen, i just felt something weird was going to happen and now we got this" micahel said frustratingly as he sat in a chair.
" you dont think there's something else involved in this , do you?" lilian asked.
"i dont know but this is pretty beyond normal and of course this is nigeria, there's nothing normal in this parts" michael said as he shook his head in disappointment.
"what do we do then?" lilian asked as she sobbs.
"dont worry, you stay here with danny, i need to go talk with my mom and cousins see if they have any suggestions" michael said as he got up to live , he soon walked up to her and hugged her for a moment.
"dont worry, i will do anything and everything to make sure he is alright,okay?" michael said reassuridly before going out to meet up with the rest of the family.

EVIL

"you say he knows whats happening to danny?" michael asked as he starred at the short storted man who sat far off chigozie and his mother.
"yes,brother we didnt call him , the cheif priest came asking for you" chigozie said
"my son , we have to hear what he wants to say, maybe perhaps he may know soemthing" his mom beckoned on him.
"i dont know , we dont know if he is some scam or not but lest see" michael said as they walk towards the man .
"i know you would come back, they always come back" the old man said as he stood up to look at michael.
"Good day sir" michael said calmly.
"your son is in danger" the old man said as he stared at michael withount wincing for a moment , the stare had made micahel uncomfortable momentarily.
"what do you mean danger, are you the one who did this?, are you responsible for this?" michael said almost grabbing the man which chigozie and his mom had prevented.
"no i am not the one, i have no such powers, i am only here to help you get you son" the old man said reasurredly.
"you better not be playing some tricks with me,old man" michael said angrily as his mom calmed him down before they all had gone to danny's room where lilian was making
a few calls to her family in the U.S.A already.
"i just called dAddy, he wants us on the first flight back to U.S immeidiately, i think we should leave" lilian said more frigthened and worried than before.
"yeah , we should ..but this old man thinks he knows whats wrong with danny and wants to help us" michael said as the old man walked in.
"okay,let him do whatever he wants to do, if you trust him then i trust him" lilian added as she moved for the old man to observe danny more while she and michael and the others watched.
the old man had made a few incantations before turning to the couple.
"your son is in the forest, his soul has been trapped by the one who is in the forest" the old man added.
"what forest? what are you even saying ,what forest?"michael asked in obvious disbelief and skepticism.
"no, michael, the forest, you know the drawings danny has been drawing all over its always about some forest,could it be ? i dont get it" lilian said in confusion.
"what forest,wise one" michael's mom had asked again.
"he knows what forest i am talking about and he must go back there to bring his son back here, it is the only way" the old man said as he starred again at michael.
"michael, what is he talking about?" lilian asked in obvious confusion.
"i dont know,dont look at me , i have got no idea about what he is saying but he says i can somehow get danny to wake up
then let me try" michael said as he walked up to the man.
" are you ready?" the old man asked again coldly.
"yes damn it!, its my son's life we are talking about ,yes i am already" michael added immediately.
"okay, you have been there before but this time you have to call out to your son three times only , if you hear him answer after the first or second do not answer no matter how it may sound only answer the third time then ask him to come to you,dont go finding him
he will come to you,do you understand me?" the old man cautioned dangerously.
"yeah,yeah, whatever i will do waht you say" michael said.
"let him lie on the other empty bed , he needs to sleep also" the old man demanded.
"whats all this ?..whats going to happen?" lilian began to panick before michael drew her close to him.
"listen even i dont know whats happening right now but i am willingly to try anything, you heard the doctor , he doest no what the hell is happening, if he is there or wherever i am going to find him and bring
him back i promise you,honey dont worry i am going to be fine okay?..i love you so much" michael said before kissing her on the forehead .
"i am ready" michael said before lying on the bed whilst the old man did his incantations again on him .
michael tried to clear his head of all that was happening without much success , his sudden weakened state had felt more like hypnosis than normal which it really was,soon he heard nothing ,except an unnerving calmness that suddenly fell in the room but was he still in the
room he wondered before opening his eyes quickly out of fear.
He was there again, the same nightmarish surrouding he found himself last night except this time it felt more frigthening and looked more like a scene from a zombie movie as dead pale corpses ,rotten, disgruntled and dismembered body parts stood still like sculptures planted around a museum all round the forest.
he was so paralyzed with fear he was begining to find it hard to breath.
"Danniel!" he managed to call out finally as no reply came.
"Daniel!!" he called again.
"dad , am here help me!" a voice from a far had clearly answered his call.
"am coming , am coming son!" michael panicked as he begin to run towards the voice falling over a few corpses as he tried to find the source .
he called out as the voice drew him closer and closer even though the dark gritty spooky forest with corpses everywhere was ,making it hard for him.
finally he had gotten close enough to make where danny was.
it was there he had seen the corpses of three men who stood in his front , they hadnt moved but the ominous position they took had made him stop. he had not anticipated
the sharp claw like fingers of something that dug into his shoulders from behind sending him to the ground but he had gotten up writling in pain only to find himself in the midst of so many corpses who were now
coming for him slowly.
"stay back, stay back...please , i will give you anything,stay back " he screamed as the crowd kept coming closer and closer he had sought to break for it but had been held down by a ghostly hand from behind as more hands came from all directions pulling him down to the
ground slowly.
"No..oh...oh." he screamed as he found an opening between the severally hands corpses and squeazed past it before taking off after which the corpses began to pursue him quickly.
he ran with all the strenght to no particular direction ias his pursurers seemed to be getting close and more in numbers .

"wake him up now!...michael wake up!! danny is okay ! danny is here! he is up, he woke up as soon as you slept ,we have been trying to wake you up
but you arent answering ,please sweetie wake up,danny is okay and fine,please honey ,please wake up!!" lilian said as he shook michael who was now shaking violently on the bed as danny and the family watched.
"he cant wake up,we need to take him to the river to be cleansed , his life hangs in balance" the old man turned to the family, in no time the family had managed to get michael into the car and headed straight for the rivers where the old man had directed them.
" put him inside the water,they cant touch the waters" the old man instructed as chigozie and the mother struggled to put michael inside the river.

"help me......." michael screamed as he kept running in the dark gritty woods filled with corpses who were still after him, he was loosing his strength slowly
as he kept falling and staggering now , he was now finding it hard to breath even more as he staggered more, he had looked back to see his pursurers who now stood
starring at him,they werent pursuing him any longer, he starred at himself .
"no...no....no!..it cant be!..what happened!...no..no..no!!!"
"he cant swim, he is going to die!" screamed lilian all of a sudden.
"what!..get him out of the water then!" the old man ordered as chigozie immeidately got back into the river, he had soon come back dragging michael out.
"no..oh!!" lilian screamed as she fell to the ground beside michael's lifeless body.

THE END
Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by nairalanduseles: 6:38am On Feb 17, 2018
na wa oooooo....so u actually think anyone will read this........you must be smoking some very bad weeed

1 Like

Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by abiolag(m): 6:47am On Feb 17, 2018
nairalanduseles:
na wa oooooo....so u actually think anyone will read this........you must be smoking some very bad weeed
Tell him oo

1 Like

Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by gboyetade: 6:51am On Feb 17, 2018
Ended just like that?
Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by yusufobinna1(m): 6:56am On Feb 17, 2018
Good
Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by Kenswitch(m): 7:35am On Feb 17, 2018
Nice one but too long, you should have find a way to summarize this, we 9ija likes it brief & concisely.

1 Like

Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by kollinpowel(m): 7:47am On Feb 17, 2018
Y is it that pple are not sincere with what they say or write, you say short story but the thing wey I see Na dictionary oooo. Abeg just write the beginning and the end of the story. That's all

1 Like

Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by kollinpowel(m): 7:48am On Feb 17, 2018
Y is it that pple are not sincere with what they say or write, you say short story but the thing wey I see Na dictionary oooo. Abeg just write the beginning and the end of the story. That's all angry
Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by Josephjnr(m): 8:07am On Feb 17, 2018
kollinpowel:
Y is it that pple are not sincere with what they say or write, you say short story but the thing wey I see Na dictionary oooo. Abeg just write the beginning and the end of the story. That's all

You get problem o...in fact, you have sickler grin
Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 17, 2018
AUTHOR

Good day everyone, I want to thank all who took their time to read through , its actually my first horror though I am a big fan of horror .

I just wanted to put a lot into the plot , I intend to do another and thanks for the honest criticism , I can assure you the next, will have all your concerns addressed.

THANKS FOR READING.

2 Likes

Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 17, 2018
wow thanks op, quite interesting didn't expect him to die like that, the spiritual really controls the physical. as for those complaining about the length of the story, don't mind them they can't recognize a good thing even if it's right under their nose.

3 Likes

Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by llorT: 12:04pm On Feb 17, 2018
OP take time ooo angry
Short horror story:
"The last human on earth was in a room, then he heard a knock on the door".
grin
Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 17, 2018
llorT:
OP take time ooo angry Short horror story: "The last human on earth was in a room, then he heard a knock on the door". grin

lol my apologizes sir
Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by wike54(m): 1:12pm On Feb 17, 2018
Interesting
Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by itsandi(m): 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2018
Interesting story... Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by SilvanusII(m): 12:04am On Feb 18, 2018
EDITOR, who will work FOC NEEDED. Kindly find ur way to this writer.
Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by tman14(m): 9:22pm On Feb 18, 2018
SilvanusII:
EDITOR, who will work FOC NEEDED. Kindly find ur way to this writer.

Interested. What is the engagement like?
Re: EVIL FOREST "The Horror " short story By The Freelancer by SilvanusII(m): 11:27pm On Feb 18, 2018
tman14:

Interested. What is the engagement like?
Not much. Just correct the literary disaster that is this...piece.

(1) (Reply)

A Boy Like Me / My Vagina My Pride, My Joy. The Story Of My Vagina / Lets Write A Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.