Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,201 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP (2325 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Kwankwaso And Ganduje In 1999 And 2003 / Police Barricade Venue Of Kwankwaso's Presidential Bid Declaration In Abuja / 2019: Tambuwal, Kwankwaso, Saraki Get Nod To Contest PDP Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by nairavsdollars(f): 8:11am On Feb 16, 2018
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

President Muhammadu Buhari and the leadership of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) are working round the clock towards ensuring that Senate President Bukola Saraki; Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State; Rabiu Kwankwaso, senator representing Kano Central, their loyalists and other bigwigs of the ruling party do not decamp to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

According to party sources, this necessitated the setting up of the APC Reconciliation Committee by President Buhari.

With dwindling goodwill from the six geo-political zones of the country, if President Buhari is seeking reelection in 2019 he must arrest the drift of many chieftains of the party who are being wooed by the opposition parties, especially the PDP, analysts said.

In a chat with DAILY INDEPENDENT on Wednesday, a member of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) said the president decided to act fast to forestall a mass defection to the major opposition party by setting up the reconciliation committee headed by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, a national leader of the party and former governor of Lagos State.

Given the influence of Saraki at the National Assembly and in Kwara State and also considering Kwankwaso’s influence in Kano, our source said “the president and the party feel there is an urgent need to move in and pacify the aggrieved members from leaving the party either for the PDP or the various coalitions springing up in the country.”

He cited a recent poll by an online news medium where many respondents voted that both Saraki and Kwankwaso are on their way out of the APC.

Our source said “after considering this report and the body languages of the aforementioned politicians, the president and his team felt there is a need to meet with aggrieved politicians, iron things out and bring them to the level they were before the 2015 presidential election”.

“Already the opposition is latching on to the face-off between Kwankwaso and Ganduje in Kano and daily they are telling the senator that he should dump the APC and return to the PDP. They keep telling him the APC is an ungrateful party that didn’t appreciate the massive votes he delivered in the 2015 election. We know all these and even though Kwankwaso himself has denied plans to join the PDP, we do not want to take things for granted.

“On the part of the Senate president, we are also aware that a lot of people are trying to drag him away from the APC. First, is his original party, the PDP. They have been on his neck since his ordeal began following his emergence in 2015. They later intensified their efforts after the Supreme Court judgment that settled the two years crisis within their party and they became emboldened that Saraki will join them after their national convention in December.

“While we believe the Senate president who has repeatedly said he will not dump the APC, we are, however, surprised reading the comment of one of his men, that is Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara, who recently said they are ready to join the PDP once the people of the state give them the go-ahead.

“To us in the APC, we believe it is a clear signal that all the rumours about Saraki and his supporters rejoining the PDP may be real after all. Also, if you consider the protest by the youths and leaders of Kwara PDP that Saraki may hijack the party’s structures if he returns, then you will know that the plot is real and that is why the president and the party leadership decided to act fast by setting up the reconciliation committee. We believe all will be fine at the end of the day”.

Read more https://independent.ng/apc-moves-stop-defection-kwankwaso-saraki-ortom-pdp/

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by Okoroawusa: 8:14am On Feb 16, 2018
stories that are neither here nor there

1 Like

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by peeps4u: 8:26am On Feb 16, 2018
Everything that this old man prioritizes is politics towards 2019. If he could put same efforts in combating herdsmen, fuel scarcity, insecurity, dwindling economy and so on.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by Omeokachie: 8:30am On Feb 16, 2018
It still will not stop you being kicked back to Daura in 2019

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by Paschal001: 8:33am On Feb 16, 2018
Buhari still heading to Daura...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by Fmartin(m): 8:35am On Feb 16, 2018
if Ortom remains in APC, he is on his own. The good people of benue have decided.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by IamPatriotic(m): 8:38am On Feb 16, 2018
I'm not happy with Asiwaju, I wouldn't know why he accepted this irresponsible task of reconciling members of the APC, where as most of the in fighting was caused by Buhari and his Fulani mafias.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by zakim(m): 8:38am On Feb 16, 2018
hmmm
Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 16, 2018
No politician is thinking about development anymore, all they now sleep, eat and dream of is 2019 elections.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by omenkaLives(m): 8:39am On Feb 16, 2018
Any party that wants to lose the governorship election in Benue state should simply field Ortom as their candidate. It would be a walkover for anyone else.

The herdsmen issue he's using to launder his image isn't gonna save him when the time comes.

As we speak, state workers are planning a total shut down of the state over salary crisis. Salaries are not being paid and no projects are ongoing. Benue state work force is predominantly civil servants. When you toy with payment of salaries as a governor, you you with your political future. Suswam learnt this the hard way even as an incumbent and Ortom seems to be towing the same path.

APC should be tinkering with Jime instead of wasting their time trying to prop Ortom up. He's a bad product and hugely unselleable.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by Fmartin(m): 8:47am On Feb 16, 2018
omenkaLives:
Any party that wants to lose the governorship election in Benue state should simply field Ortom as their candidate. It would be a walkover for anyone else.

The herdsmen issue he's using to launder his image isn't gonna save him when the time comes.

As we speak, state workers are planning a total shut down of the state over salary crisis. Salaries are not being paid and no projects are ongoing. Benue state work force is predominantly civil servants. When you toy with payment of salaries as a governor, you you with your political future. Suswam learnt this the hard way even as an incumbent and Ortom seems to be towing the same path.

APC should be tinkering with Gime instead of wasting their time trying to prop Ortom up. He's a bad product and hugely unselleable.
ortom think he will use fulani crisis and fool benue people to re-elect him.
Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by FRESHG(m): 8:49am On Feb 16, 2018
omenkaLives:

APC should be tinkering with Jime instead of wasting their time trying to prop Ortom up. He's a bad product and hugely unselleable.
OMENKATA BAWO NI I HOPE SAY YOU DON COLLECT FEBRUARY SALARYgrin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by omenkaLives(m): 8:51am On Feb 16, 2018
Fmartin:
ortom think he will use fulani crisis and fool benue people to re-elect him.
He's fooling no one but himself.

Imagine the criminal claiming they spent 250million on the mass burial!!

Ortom is going down, that fate is already signed and sealed.
Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by Ngokafor(f): 8:51am On Feb 16, 2018
Lol APC gasping for breathe already cheesy...

..but to be honest,Nigerian politicians are the worst in the World...tufia!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by anibirelawal(m): 8:57am On Feb 16, 2018
Let them go jor...

1 Like

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by Firefire(m): 9:00am On Feb 16, 2018
I laugh in Japanese Yen... cheesy cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by Firefire(m): 9:02am On Feb 16, 2018
peeps4u:
Everything that this old man prioritizes is politics towards 2019. If he could put same efforts in combating herdsmen, fuel scarcity, insecurity, dwindling economy and so on.

The dullard is power drunk... not interested in any meaningful development. Shame to the CHANGE. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by Fmartin(m): 9:06am On Feb 16, 2018
omenkaLives:
He's fooling no one but himself.

Imagine the criminal claiming they spent 250million on the mass burial!!

Ortom is going down, that fate is already signed and sealed.
at last the PPR was right sha.. grin a drowning man always struggle to hook his hand on anything he finds within his reach. 2019 will be intersesting

1 Like

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by omowolewa: 9:12am On Feb 16, 2018
Now they're valuable politicians usable to deceive electorates, and dumpable after 2019.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by Kyase(m): 9:19am On Feb 16, 2018
peeps4u:
Ortom can't and won't decamp to PDP, as long as Akume is still in APC.
Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 16, 2018
Wild goose chase. undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by Kyase(m): 9:20am On Feb 16, 2018
omenkaLives:

The thing is that Ortom wont decamp, fact.
with Akume his backbone still in APC. and know this APC will still win benue, no opposition in benue.
Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by omenkaLives(m): 9:27am On Feb 16, 2018
Kyase:
The thing is that Ortom wont decamp, fact.
with Akume his backbone still in APC. and know this APC will still win benue, no opposition in benue.
Trust me, opposition or not, I wouldn't hesitate to vote a candidate in PDP if APC fields Ortom.

He's the worst thing that's ever happened to the state. Benue people would be his opponents /opposition.
Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by nairavsdollars(f): 9:29am On Feb 16, 2018
It is not about Ortom. It is the people of Benue. I dont think they want to hear anything APC again

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by Kyase(m): 9:30am On Feb 16, 2018
omenkaLives:
Trust me, opposition or not, I wouldn't hesitate to vote a candidate in PDP if APC fields Ortom.

He's the worst thing that's ever happened to the state. Benue people would be his opponents /opposition.
Ortom in one way or the other has won over some votes in Benue, trust me I don't like the nigga, but I don't see anybody winning him. all the big wings in benue all behind him, I don't see him losing, unless through primaries.
Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by JonnyConnection: 9:40am On Feb 16, 2018
I rejected his ring on Val’s day being yesterday because he proposed to me on the mainland instead of the island. I live on the island and I know how much I make too , why will he drive me to the mainland to insult me?, I felt really bad . I don’t know his reasons but it was not funny at all and not memorable.
Nairalanders my worries now is that he has not called since yesterday.
Does it mean that he does not love me ? Or was he joking about the proposal?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfO_JGtlFA-/?taken-by=break_or_makeup
Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by osazeeblue01: 9:42am On Feb 16, 2018
APC is a failure. Buhari should stop wasting our money on his personal ambition.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Move To Stop Defection Of Kwankwaso, Saraki, Ortom To PDP by LLSAINT(m): 10:33am On Feb 16, 2018
We don tire to hear news like this when will Nigeria move forward?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Reaction Wen France President Was Asked To Speak On The Herdsmen Killin / Photo: Comparison Between BUHARI'S Administration And Previous Administration / My Discussion With My Northern Friend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.