Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! (4452 Views)

Glo, MTN, Airtel, Others Move To Raise Tariff / Glo Unlimited Free Browsing Cheat Via Thunder VPN For August 2022 / 9mobile Is A Stupid Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by Premiumwriter: 12:02pm On Feb 16, 2018
I have no problem with glo reducing their data plan from 4gb to 2gb but the rate at which they are sucking my data, it's like we quarreled. I just sub for 2gb on Val day and without even downloading or streaming anything, just using opera mini to manage my thing o, the next thing I opened my phone I saw 101.0mb remaining yesterday. I felt like crying but as a g, I man up. I didn't want to waste the remaining Mb and my battery was down anyway so I switched off my phone. When the stupid phcn brought light later and after raising my battery to 20% I decided to switch it on and check my whatsapp. It's then that I almost cried. The stupid glo told me my data has been exhausted! WHTF how about the 101.0mb? I swear I'm going to buy another sim right now. Make i even go there now...

6 Likes

Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by divinehand2003(m): 12:17pm On Feb 16, 2018
Lol

Take it easy my friend. Better times ahead. The grand masters of data will bounce back and make you happy again. You will see.

3 Likes

Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by alade112(m): 12:32pm On Feb 16, 2018
Check who you shared data with. Someone might have shared your data without your knowledge..

2 Likes

Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by ZesusHVWritter(m): 12:48pm On Feb 16, 2018
alade112:
Check who you shared data with. Someone might have shared your data without your knowledge..

Even if that was true, this is how glo data sharing works(or used to work).

Mr A is the data owner.
Mr B is the data sub receiver.

Mr A has 2gig data, shares with Mr B who then receives 1gig.
Mr A is idle not using its data.
Mr B is active using its data, Mr B exhaust its 1gig. Mr B gets a notification that its shared subscription with Mr A is expired. There is no way Mr B can exhaust its allocated data then move over to Mr A.

But Mr A can exhaust its shared data and move to the data it initially shared with Mr B and exhaust it, because Mr A is the owner of the data and at such, has an unlimited access to its data subscription.

Op do you have any data reader on your device to check if your data was used by an app unknowingly to you?

4 Likes

Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by alade112(m): 12:58pm On Feb 16, 2018
ZesusHVWritter:

Mr A is the data owner.

Mr B is active using its data, Mr B exhaust its 1gig. Mr B gets a notification that its shared subscription with Mr A is expired. There is no way Mr B can exhaust its allocated data then move over to Mr A.

But Mr A can exhaust its shared data and move to the data it initially shared with Mr B and exhaust it, because Mr A is the owner of the data and at such, has an unlimited access to its data subscription.

Op do you have any data reader on your device to check if your data was used by an app unknowingly to you?
You can't allocate data on glo data sharing. If you have 2gig, those you shared your data with have full access to the whole gig.

5 Likes

Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by MrImole: 1:27pm On Feb 16, 2018
alade112:

Nobody did, I experienced the same thing too last week.

1 Like

Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by MrImole: 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2018
Abeg I need correct VPN that won't keep bouncing back...
Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by khalhokage(m): 1:55pm On Feb 16, 2018
ZesusHVWritter:

Mr A is the data owner.

Such a long explanation for wrong information.

You don't allocate data when sharing with Glo, all parties have full access to the data.

4 Likes

Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by fibonacci2526: 2:05pm On Feb 16, 2018
alade112:

You can't allocate data on glo data sharing. If you have 2gig, those you shared your data with have full access to the whole gig.

True.
Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by uk10(m): 2:49pm On Feb 16, 2018
Abeg do u guys have new gloflat apn
Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by DonnyE(m): 3:38pm On Feb 16, 2018
Premiumwriter:
I have no problem with glo reducing their data plan from 4gb to 2gb but the rate at which they are sucking my data, it's like we quarreled. I just sub for 2gb on Val day and without even downloading or streaming anything, just using opera mini to manage my thing o, the next thing I opened my phone I saw 101.0mb remaining yesterday. I felt like crying but as a g, I man up. I didn't want to waste the remaining Mb and my battery was down anyway so I switched off my phone. When the stupid phcn brought light later and after raising my battery to

20% I decided to switch it on and check my whatsapp. It's then that I almost cried. The stupid glo told me my data has been exhausted! WHTF how about the 101.0mb? I swear I'm going to buy another sim right now. Make i even go there now...
Calm dow bro, call customer care ..or perhaps you share your data with another subscriber
Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by ryfoz(m): 5:11pm On Feb 16, 2018
Premiumwriter:
I have no problem with glo reducing their data plan from 4gb to 2gb but the rate at which they are sucking my data, it's like we quarreled. I just sub for 2gb on Val day and without even downloading or streaming anything, just using opera mini to manage my thing o, the next thing I opened my phone I saw 101.0mb remaining yesterday. I felt like crying but as a g, I man up. I didn't want to waste the remaining Mb and my battery was down anyway so I switched off my phone. When the stupid phcn brought light later and after raising my battery to 20% I decided to switch it on and check my whatsapp. It's then that I almost cried. The stupid glo told me my data has been exhausted! WHTF how about the 101.0mb? I swear I'm going to buy another sim right now. Make i even go there now...

My broda grin no complain too much o, you sure sey u no use ahm charge ur fone?

Laugh wan keee me here o
Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by Premiumwriter: 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2018
ryfoz:

My broda grin no complain too much o, you sure sey u no use ahm charge ur fone?
Laugh wan keee me here o
grin Where u hide ur brain na
Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by Reeberry: 5:53pm On Feb 16, 2018
MTN is not left out of this.
Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by austinereds(m): 6:00pm On Feb 16, 2018
with this kind of news am scared to subscribe Wahali. even to load airtime network dey say general error.
Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by lordraiden(m): 7:42pm On Feb 16, 2018
Na today you know say Thunder go fire dem.... Glo na one kind rubbish network.... Chia I neva see
Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by Oyerinde16(m): 8:22pm On Feb 16, 2018
9mobile in my area was the bomb until recently when network will just sleep 4 2 days n wake up on it's own. TIPS to save data
1, deactivate automatic UPDATES on the phone
2, uninstall all non active apps
3, use wireless or cafe for heavy data work such as download/upload etc
4, Avoid video and voice call. as much as possible
5, Instagram works n load as if it's streaming consumes a lot of data get in n get out.
6, for those who play games online and say data finish data fall on you
7, for those who share data n hotspot pls hide your face
8, Nairaland, whatsapp, Facebook, and some little browsing will do for ONE month.
ANALYSIS; Mtn 1gb monthly / 30 days = 30mb per day.
GLO 2GB monthly/ 30 days = 60mb per day.
when people spend about 20mb per sitting and about 100-200+ mb per day your data will finish within 5-10 days or at most 15 days.
10GB will mean 300mb per day an averaged of what girls use updating status, pictures etc on the internet.
GUYS MAN UP I WORK IN AN ICT WE KNOW ALL THIS THINGS...

4 Likes

Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by Mak4web(m): 9:15pm On Feb 16, 2018
Check your cellular data usage

Anyways, come join team MTN
Save more money when you subscribe
See my signature
Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by Emmanuel555(m): 9:50pm On Feb 16, 2018
op do you have any snake app or game in your phone? Snakes are doing dangerous things this days
Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by Abdstrakt(m): 10:09pm On Feb 16, 2018
people still use Glo ?
Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by ryfoz(m): 11:20pm On Feb 16, 2018
Premiumwriter:
grin Where u hide ur brain na
It's obvious that the data disappeared after charging...so fill in the gap cheesy
Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by Kenneth10110(m): 11:30pm On Feb 16, 2018
They should return it Airtel did the same and apologized then they gave it back to me same with my Glo though they didn't send any message but my last sub finished since and am still browsing now.

Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by enyi1: 8:19am On Feb 17, 2018
I thought i was the only one experiencing this. I have dumped there sorry asrs. Now I'm using Airtel. Though not fast enough but it's very okay and i got 3.5gigs for a month. Dial *141# to subscribe.
Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 17, 2018
It's that yearly exodus from glo
Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by Tmex(m): 8:52am On Feb 17, 2018
I also just realised, what I do now is browse with my call card, I discovered its a bit safer but not cheaper compared to their stealing mode.
Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by brownshooga: 11:51am On Feb 17, 2018
Lol

I xperienced the same thing too
Re: Thunder will fire glo, stupid network! by donhils: 3:39pm On Feb 17, 2018
Abeg let me go and check my balance oh before Amadioha will descend on them

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Note 4 Vs Tacno Camon CX Which Is Better? / Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec / Lithuania Urges People To Throw Away Chinese Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.