Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

How To Buy A Domain Name Already Taken - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Buy A Domain Name Already Taken (1366 Views)

My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? / Buying A Domain From Namecheap With GTB Naira Mastercard. / Please I Want To Buy A Domain Name For My Site I Don't Know How To. Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Buy A Domain Name Already Taken by bamiwale: 2:49am On Feb 17, 2018
I wanted to buy a domain name but found out it's already taken. I checked the domain's whois and found a phone number, and email of the admin. Reading the the page however, I realized it is prohibited to make any solicitation without Godaddy's permission is prohibited. The registrant already registered the dot com, dot org and dot net of the name. Now, my questions are these:

Does that prevent me from reaching out to the owner through the phone number/email?
If I can, what is the best way to go about it? I am not familiar with how this kind of negotiation goes and i do not have much money to dole out.

Thank you for your advice.
Re: How To Buy A Domain Name Already Taken by Nobody: 5:31am On Feb 17, 2018
If you don't have much money to dole out, simply look for an alternative, cos whoever snapped all the top level extensions of a domain meant business. So to get it will cost you an hand and a leg. Well, if you can reach the owner directly via the registrant information, you can give it a try, who's gonna tell the good old daddy, you came calling! grin
Re: How To Buy A Domain Name Already Taken by bamiwale: 2:58am On Feb 21, 2018
questechie:
If you don't have much money to dole out, simply look for an alternative, cos whoever snapped all the top level extensions of a domain meant business. So to get it will cost you an hand and a leg. Well, if you can reach the owner directly via the registrant information, you can give it a try, who's gonna tell the good old daddy, you came calling! grin
Thank you so much.

(1) (Reply)

$150 Google Ads Free Credit For Sale / I Want My Website Detectable By Search Engines / Which Nigeria Auto Responder Service Will You Recommend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.