Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

First Bank Staff Escapes Lynching From Irate Customer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Staff Escapes Lynching From Irate Customer (477 Views)

Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan / Mad Man Spotted At First Bank ATM, Abaji (Photos) / Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

First Bank Staff Escapes Lynching From Irate Customer by maximunimpact(m): 3:39pm On Feb 17, 2018
A customer of the First Bank Plc on Friday caused a stir at the Alagbaka branch of the bank, disrupting banking activities and destroying equipment worth millions of naira.

The bank customer whose name could not be ascertained was said to have entered into the banking at about 1 pm to complain that his account was wrongly debited by the Bank.

According to the source, the man complained at the Customer Care unit of the bank about his account but the explanation given by the unit did not go down with him and descended on the bank official beating him blue-black.

He said, ” After leaving the customer care desk, he went straight to the counter where he started destroying many computers with an iron rod. He also smashed one of the money counting machines and ordered all the workers to get out of the bank immediately.

” He started shouting ‘I will bring down this bank. Everybody should leave now, I am a citizen of this country, why will they deduct my money without any explanation, f**k everybody here,”

The banking activities were halted for about 40 minutes while some customers of the bank ran away from the bank for their safety.

Some officials of the bank also rushed out of the banking hall, while the some of the bank officials closed work for the day over the incident.

It was however gathered that, the military officer who was in the banking hall when the incident happened invited men of the state police command to the bank who took away the angry customer

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, Mr Femi Joseph confirmed the incident, saying the command had commenced an investigation into the matter.

“We are yet to ascertain the sanity level of the man but he is with us, we have commenced an investigation into the matter,” Joseph said.

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2018/02/17/first-bank-staff-escapes-lynching-irate-customer/
Re: First Bank Staff Escapes Lynching From Irate Customer by dingbang(m): 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2018
Ha.. This one's version is escaping lynching.

Lie with dignity biko
Re: First Bank Staff Escapes Lynching From Irate Customer by Olufemi99(f): 7:08pm On Feb 17, 2018
where he get iron rod 4 inside bank? awaiting season two anyway....

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need A Clearing Agent To Clear My Goods / I Buy Itunes Cards And Any Other Gift Card In Exchange Of Money / Coca-cola Plans To Launch Its First Alcoholic Drink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.