Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,301 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

$1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose (2086 Views)

You Can’t Find Any Evidence Of Corruption Against Me, Fayose Tells Fayemi / Stop Coercing Witnesses To Implicate Me, Fayose Tells EFCC / Leaked Whereabouts Of Nnamdi Kanu Has Vindicated Our Position, Says IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by CHOPUP411(m): 6:04pm On Feb 17, 2018
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has said the claim by Zamfara State Governor, Alhaji Abdulaziz Yari, that security agencies failed to respond to the alert given them to prevent the massacre of people in Zamfara has vindicated him.

Fayose said the statement had validated his stance that no extra $1bn was needed to be deducted from the Excess Crude Oil Account to fund the fight against insurgency.

Fayose stressed that funds being spent on security seemed not well used, as instead of insecurity being curtailed, the nation was unfortunately witnessing more killings on a daily basis.

The governor, according to a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Idowu Adelusi, queried why more money should be given to security agencies, if they were not properly utilising the funds earlier given to them.

The statement quoted Fayose as saying, “Governor Yari is the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, he is the one saying we should give $1bn from ECA to these security people and he said despite alerting security agencies over 24 hours before the needless killings in his state, they failed to rise to the occasion. That was not the first time such a thing would happen. Recall that Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State said the same thing. Also, Governor Darius Ishaku of Taraba State said a similar thing.

“On all the occasions, the security agencies failed to act. More than 73 people were killed in Benue, scores killed in Taraba and we now have the Zamfara issue. Regrettably, the killings have not stopped. If as a country we spend so much money on security, with practically no result, where is the justification for another round of funding? Fund an inept security apparatus,” he queried.

Condemning the attack on Zamfara, Fayose said the situation was not “only inhuman, but unfortunate.”

“This must not continue and we must tell the Federal Government to do something. The killings we have witnessed in this country from 2015 till date is unprecedented and perhaps never seen in the history of our country since Independence. Are we in a war situation?

“We must stop wasting people’s lives and use the $1bn for the welfare of our people in other sectors that will bring result. The All Progressives Congress-led Federal Government has lost it,” the governor said.

Fayose, who noted President Muhammadu Buhari’s usual directive of security agencies assessing the situation, challenged the president to tell Nigerians how many culprits have been arrested or prosecuted.

“It is like President Buhari is living on another planet not to say country. He is disconnected from the people and the reality on the ground. He does not seem to be in tune with reality.

“People are tired of lies and cheap propaganda. His government has failed the nation and he should just throw in the towel,” he stated.

Fayose also faulted the APC government of claiming glory for projects and policies put in place by the previous adminstration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

“The drone that President Jonathan launched some years ago, they now woke up now to say their government has achieved a feat in that regards. May be they think the people are fools and have no sense of history. Nigerians will show them during the election,” he added

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 17, 2018
Yes o. Buhari is a buffoon like usman dan fodio

5 Likes

Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 6:23pm On Feb 17, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 17, 2018
grin
Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:43pm On Feb 17, 2018
APC is a mistake that shouldn't be repeated at least at the central level.

6 Likes

Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by iyilax(m): 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2018
“It is like President Buhari is living on another planet not to say country. He is disconnected from the people and the reality on the ground. He does not seem to be in tune with reality. [color=#990000][/color] i like the statement, Osoko you get mouth.

2 Likes

Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by Yankee101: 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2018
They used blood sacrifice to get into power, they require more blood to hold unto it. But the God of all creation has a time limit to call up their matter, and when he does, they will drop like chickens in a slaughter house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by babyphaze07(m): 8:48pm On Feb 17, 2018
Fayose, my man......

2 Likes

Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by NaijaMutant(f): 8:50pm On Feb 17, 2018
;DQ
Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by GoldCircle: 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2018
But wait, is it that shame no let APC governors cry out or what? Security is virtually zero and all they can do is gather in Daura to commiserate with chief herdsman who has lost a distant relative. Shame!

1 Like

Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by coolscott(m): 10:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
I don't have a problem if APC wins in Lagos state (they have shown they know what they are doing there).
But this has been the most succinct case of "I told you so" for many-a-nigerian who passionately warned everyone to stay away from this mistake

1 Like

Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by Desyner: 11:05pm On Feb 17, 2018
You don't solve the problem of leakage by throwing more resource at the leakage . . . Fayose got this right but there could be other genuine need for the $1b.
Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:15pm On Feb 17, 2018
if the police can not r espeond to distress call of the poor masses then I wonder whose call they will attend to since they are paid from the tax payers money of the same people they hv failed to protect..this country need truthful n sincere dialogue. ..indeed only God protects us here in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by Vikkie14: 3:06am On Feb 18, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

1 Like

Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by gotaheart: 3:48am On Feb 18, 2018
I don't know what our police earn salary for. You can't get to act unless you part with some Cash; that's if they respond to your call.
I advised they are paid by the government per case. For every criminal or civil case they handle, they get paid. When hunger and poverty hit on them, they will do the job they are employed for.
Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by emmykey0128(m): 5:27am On Feb 18, 2018
Fayose is so spot on on this one, he his 100% right, forget the messenger and listen to the message, I guess bubu us truly living in another planet or something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by debolayinka(m): 6:04am On Feb 18, 2018
Buhari doesn't read the same news we read.
Lai Muhammed must have been doing a good job in giving the only assets he has (lies) to Bubu.
Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by Samusu(m): 8:01am On Feb 18, 2018
Hmmm

Re: $1billion:yari Has Vindicated Me- Fayose by motherfucker: 8:57am On Feb 18, 2018
coolscott:

I don't have a problem if APC wins in Lagos state (they have shown they know what they are doing there).
But this has been the most succinct case of "I told you so" for many-a-nigerian who passionately warned everyone to stay away from this mistake
that is because Lagos is an educated state. Not a state of Zombie... The citizens can not be fooled for too long.

You can't say same for other APC states like in the North where a larger population of them can't read and write...

(1) (Reply)

APC Nigeria Boasts On Tweeter And Got Savage Response That Is Factual / Yahaya Bello: I Will Stay In Abuja For The Next 30days To... / 4+4 Islamic Symbol Is Spreading Like Wildfire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.