Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani (32744 Views)

Southern Kaduna Killings: Shehu Sani Visits SOKAPU Headquarters (Photos) / Dogara Criticizes Northern Elites For Not Scrutinizing Buhari Like Jonathan / Buhari: "Most Northern Youths Are Uneducated Or School Dropouts" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by Unclerukus: 1:22pm On Feb 18, 2018
Joenyam:
Shehu Sani, the senator representing Kaduna Central has revealed why Northern elders are quiet on the incessant killings of innocent Nigerians in the North.

The lawmaker who has continued to voice out on the killings of Nigerians in different parts of the country said most political elites from the North were quiet just to avoid being tagged or labelled, ”anti Buhari or anti federal government.”

Sani said with their continuous silence, the elites have succeeded in saving their neck while the neck of the masses are massacred.

He wrote on Facebook, ”Most political elites from northern Nigeria are not loudly speaking out against the mass murder going on in northern Nigeria, perpetrated by Bandits, armed Herdsmen or organised Criminal gangs out of fear that they may be tagged or labelled as anti Federal Government or Anti President.

”The elites save their necks by their silence and the necks of the masses are continuously slaughtered.”

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/18/northern-elites-cannot-speak-killings-shehu-sani/
The reason why most developed countries have better economy and political environment is because everyone is critical and speaks out. That's why if a government official does something as little as a sexist remark or misconduct, they call for his/head in unison and they'll most times release a public statement with their letter of resignation. We have a long way here if you can't speak out.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by michoim(m): 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2018
Shehu sani allegation doesn't make sense
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by Rolings: 1:45pm On Feb 18, 2018
ContentedK:
Sorry but I'll have to disagree with shehu on this one, they are silent because they're the sponsors... this is a planned jihad. How did the herdsmen got hold of brand new Russian Ak47 Kalashnikov automatic rifles that's worth from $2800 to $3600(over a million naira) each.... I won't fall for that poo mr Sani

Its because those who go about with Kalashnikov are armed criminal gangs and hired mercenaries. A typical fulani herdsmen will never spend 1million naira to buy a riffle. These criminal gangs are the ones involved in armed robbery , cattle rustling and serves as hired guns for those fulani that have been wronged and seek revenge
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by Yankee101: 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2018
Shehu Sani 4 President in place of Buhari
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by randomFYO: 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2018
AishaBuhari:
The North - Their Problem...

If you've been giving money to those fulani/hausa kids/parents down south, I implore you to stop it this instant, let them go back to where they came from. They can't continue to hold the South to ransom.

This picture depicts you. Don't think you are safe, they can be more brutal when they get to your zone.
Wise up and let us all nip it by the bud.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by omoiyasuccess: 1:55pm On Feb 18, 2018
please, we need to defend ourselfs
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by charain: 1:55pm On Feb 18, 2018
Nigeriadondie1:
undecidedShehu Sani is part of that elite. He should not come here to act as if he is a saint. He has now found his voice cos 2019 is coming? Useless hypocritical senator like Ben Bruce. Don’t complain. U re in government and part of government so u too share the blame. As a lawmaker u are at a vantage position to enact laws to effect the much needed changes. Show us what u ve done with the milllions u get as constituency allowance?
You need political education, lawmaker do not enact law. A law can only be enacted by lawmakers.
Again what is the connection between condemning herdsmen killings and constituency project?

1 Like

Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by emmasege: 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2018
Guys, are you sure this man is an Hausa/Fulani man.

I hope they don't eliminate him and his family soon o like they did Kano Resident Electoral Commissioner and his family.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 18, 2018
Stupid politician. Why didn't they speak against the masacres of yesteryears? The truth is they don't speak out because of the ethnic and religious divide and it is the same with me because i won't blink an eyelid even if you animals in the north are slaughtered like the cows your people are.
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by DavidEsq(m): 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2018
ContentedK:
Sorry but I'll have to disagree with shehu on this one, they are silent because they're the sponsors... this is a planned jihad. How did the herdsmen got hold of brand new Russian Ak47 Kalashnikov automatic rifles that's worth from $2800 to $3600(over a million naira) each.... I won't fall for that poo mr Sani
Sori bro, AKA 47 is 5k (naira o) in the black market.
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by ContentedK: 2:34pm On Feb 18, 2018
DavidEsq:

Sori bro, AKA 47 is 5k (naira o) in the black market.
can you get like two for me?, let's do business
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by mvem(m): 2:36pm On Feb 18, 2018
ContentedK:
....since u claim is jihad why not start ur Crusade (the christain version of jihad)....and ak47 is the most mass produced weapon on earth, so u can get it easily on the black market...it must not be necessarily be "tear leather" because ak's are not really produced again but re recycled around the world....and common is no jihad, no one is gonna islamize u....and d whole Fulani shit does not fit the jihad definition, no one is forcibly converted to Islam....though u might call it genocide now...sani is right in a way, buhari ironically is loved so much here in the north, a contrast with that in the south.Though is not surprising, they tend to love der own....the elites won't want to be seen badly because of going against buhari, so preferably keep mute.....tomorrow der will be another "music", a different issue.... Just one of those topics that will come and go and another problem arises....u guys just hyping the Fulani people and so called agenda
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by ContentedK: 2:41pm On Feb 18, 2018
mvem:
....since u claim is jihad why not start ur Crusade (the christain version of jihad)....and ak47 is the most mass produced weapon on earth, so u can get it easily on the black market...it most not be necessarily "tear leather" because ak's are not really produced again but re recycled around the world....and common is no jihad, no one is gonna islamize u....and d whole Fulani shit does not fit the jihad definition, no one is forcibly converted to Islam....though u might call it genocide now....tomorrow der will another "music", a different issue.... Just one of those topics that will come and go and another problem arises....u guys just hyping the Fulani people and so called agenda
everyone shouting black market like they know where you can find one, it's not any hype.. if you doubt stroll to a farmland in one of those rural areas in benue or ogun state and see what happens
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by mvem(m): 2:42pm On Feb 18, 2018
ContentedK:
..not how much but where to get it....actually aks are so many and are relatively cheap compared to other rifles
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by mvem(m): 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2018
ContentedK:
everyone shouting black market like they know where you can find one, it's not any hype.. if you doubt stroll to a farmland in one of those rural areas in benue or ogun state and see what happens
...black market doesn't mean easily gotten but not sold officially...meaning u can get it from sources that are not legal...and yes AKs are relatively cheap compared to other rifles, the most used assault rifle in the world
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by ContentedK: 2:49pm On Feb 18, 2018
mvem:
...black market doesn't mean easily gotten but not sold officially...meaning u can get it from sources that are not legal...and yes AKs are relatively cheap compared to other rifles, the most used assault rifle in the world
do you have any link if I ask you to direct me to one?
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by chernest2002: 2:49pm On Feb 18, 2018
They are just supporters.
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by ContentedK: 2:51pm On Feb 18, 2018
mvem:
..not how much but where to get it....actually aks are so many and are relatively cheap compared to other rifles
then how did you come up with the 5k price tag since you don't know of a place to get it?
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by mvem(m): 2:55pm On Feb 18, 2018
ContentedK:
then how did you come up with the 5k price tag since you don't know of a place to get it?
...no be me come up with the 5k stuff...better ask him urself
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by mvem(m): 2:56pm On Feb 18, 2018
ContentedK:
do you have any link if I ask you to direct me to one?
...come borno or yobe...I go carry u go Niger border...those tuaregs will sell in cheap francs
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by tall2ce(m): 2:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
Euouae:
His Excellenece, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) will see to this killings and bring all perpetrators to justice.

Long Live The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

2023 Ascerta!
See foolishness
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by gidgiddy: 3:30pm On Feb 18, 2018
On IPOB Agitation (No guns or loss of life)
Arewa Youth:- IPOB is a terrorist organisation, Kanu is a terrorist. We have issued quit notice to all Igbos to leave the North

Arewa Elders:-We support the Arewa Youths! IPOB was created to destabilise the Government of Buhari!

Nothern Governors Forum:- we are surprised that the elders are not talking to IPOB youths

Governor Shettima:- IPOB has the potential to be deadlier than Boko Haram

Buhari:- Python Dance! Terrorist Proscription!

On Fulani Herdsmen Kiillers (Sophisticated firearms and thousands of people dead

Arewa Youths:- Silence

Arewa Elders:- Silence

Northern Governors Forum:- Silence

Governor Shettima:- Silence

Buhari:- we should all learn to accommodate each other)
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

WELCOME TO "ONE NIGERIA"

1 Like

Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by brojoshua: 4:07pm On Feb 18, 2018
Nigeria is being destroyed by the corrupt, injustice, unrighteousness, wickedness, selfishness, greediness, myopia, darkness and so of of its citizens
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by AishaBuhari: 4:18pm On Feb 18, 2018
randomFYO:

This picture depicts you. Don't think you are safe, they can be more brutal when they get to your zone.
Wise up and let us all nip it by the bud.
None is safe until all is safe - I personally don't need the North to feel safe.
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
Actually the elite north live in fear of the growing mass of illiterate poor who are slowly becoming armed, we the rest of the country are the common evil, we are the whipping boys, take us out of the equation and see the uneducated mass feast on the elite rich,it will be bloody when it happens I tell u
,its a vicious circle between the rich north and poor north, the rich keep the subjected in penury and want while the poor rever them.just one idea sown, one lynching and the north will envelope in flames
.we as a country are spending billions fighting an unending war why ,because the north refuses to educate its people,they let children roam the streets like feral dogs... Believe me,the Christian south is the only thing stopping the poor turning in the rich
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by motherfucker: 4:24pm On Feb 18, 2018
AishaBuhari:
The North - Their Problem...

If you've been giving money to those fulani/hausa kids/parents down south, I implore you to stop it this instant, let them go back to where they came from. They can't continue to hold the South to ransom.
i swear. Few months ago, a friend said he doesn't give them money. I tried to beg on their behalf but few months later, I now understand he is right.
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by AishaBuhari: 4:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
motherfucker:
i swear. Few months ago, a friend said he doesn't give them money. I tried to beg on their behalf but few months later, I now understand he is right.
I used to before but not anymore - I feel no sympathy towards helping them anymore.
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by biggy26: 5:10pm On Feb 18, 2018
ContentedK:
since it's a black market,that's to say the guns will be more expensive cos running such business is quite capital intensive. You'll agree with me that a Herdsman in the bush herding some cow for one rich Alhaji will be the brain behind such guns coming in from Libya as you assumed
It will be cheaper. It's different from forex black market. It's all about quick money for d seller cos d product is readily available in d market.
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by stonemasonn: 5:14pm On Feb 18, 2018
Nigeriadondie1:
undecidedShehu Sani is part of that elite. He should not come here to act as if he is a saint. He has now found his voice cos 2019 is coming? Useless hypocritical senator like Ben Bruce. Don’t complain. U re in government and part of government so u too share the blame. As a lawmaker u are at a vantage position to enact laws to effect the much needed changes. Show us what u ve done with the milllions u get as constituency allowance?
Shenu Sani has nothing to lose if he had decided not to voice out, 2019 or not 2019.
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by DavidEsq(m): 5:34pm On Feb 18, 2018
ContentedK:
I resemble Shekhau abi Bin Laden ghost abi?

Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by ContentedK: 5:36pm On Feb 18, 2018
DavidEsq:

I resemble Shekhau abi Bin Laden ghost abi?
how come you knew about the 5k price tag...
Re: Why Most Northern Elites Cannot Speak Against Killings – Shehu Sani by obailala(m): 5:52pm On Feb 18, 2018
ContentedK:
ortom couldn't speak out initially cos he assumed that they were mere criminal elements just like the FG will always make us believe until he saw the slow response from that government in tackling the menace, from the ig's comment to the arrest of the militias set up to protect the people, the presidents silence over the killings, they couldn't even come out and proscribe this marauders publicly.. that's when Ortom knew that this seems like a planned attack and he reject giving out the grazing land to the FG, calling on all benue citizen to defend themselves...my problem is, this people was in a haste to tag IPOB who only have seminars, share handbills and posters as terrorist and can't even condemn these known herdsmen killing people everyday who are know terrorists according to global terrorism index..and why is it that rate of these killings increased now that their brother is in power?...
You are totally drifting off point. Retrace your steps back to the first comment and let's focus on the main topic. The point I have made is that Shehu Sani has spoken the gospel truth; I cant even imagine how anyone could possibly argue over that. The reason why many northern elite who should be speaking about this are quiet is the same reason why no southern elite with affiliation to the ruling party is also talking about it. It's all because of political expediency, no one wants to jeopardise their political careers/ambitions by seeming to castigate the president.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soludo, Okonjo-iweala, Best Appointments I Made As President – Obasanjo / "Jonathan, The Poorest Ex-President, His Parlour Can’t Hold 10 People" - Igali / Policeman Dares Shiite Muslims With His Rifle During Protest In Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.