Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,353 members, 7,850,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:50 PM

Watch:Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After BMW X5 Throttle Gets Stuck - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Watch:Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After BMW X5 Throttle Gets Stuck (549 Views)

Suez Canal: 'Beached Whale' Ship Gets Stuck. Dislodging Could Take Weeks / 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) / Ghana Groom Crushed To Death In Car Crash While Going To His Wedding Reception (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch:Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After BMW X5 Throttle Gets Stuck by Automotive1(m): 10:38am On Feb 18, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy8KN5sJtnE

A Florida driver driving a 2003 BMW X5 rode nearly 50 miles last week Monday at speeds over 100 mph after his gas pedal got stuck, at which point he told police.

WSVN gained access to the 911 call and on it, Joseph Cooper can be heard telling dispatchers he needed traffic assistance on the highway as his SUV reached speeds of 100 mph (160 km/h).

I think my gas pedal is stuck on my car, and I’m on I-95,” Cooper said in the 911 call. He could be heard yelling, “Get out of the way!” to other drivers as his car barreled north.

Cooper, 28, stayed on the phone, keeping dispatchers updated with each mile marker he passed. Eventually, troopers were able to get ahead of him and clear traffic on the road.

You have no idea why it could be stuck?” the dispatcher asked. “No ma’am, I do not,” Cooper responded.

Are you able to get your vehicle in neutral?” the dispatcher asked. Cooper replied, “No.”

The dispatcher asked if he tried the emergency brakes, to which Cooper responded, “Madam, I’m not going to do that at 100mph, I’m sorry.”

Troopers had to throw three stop sticks to deflate the SUV’s tires. Once Cooper’s car was running on its rims, FHP used a PIT maneuver to bring the vehicle to a stop.

Cooper was later taken to the hospital with chest pains.

https://www.nairaland.com/4361403/driver-calls-911-while-going

Source https://autojosh.com/watchdriver-calls-911-going-100mph-bmw-x5-throttle-gets-stuck/

2 Likes

Re: Watch:Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After BMW X5 Throttle Gets Stuck by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 18, 2018
Which kain wahala come be dis?

2 Likes

Re: Watch:Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After BMW X5 Throttle Gets Stuck by uboma(m): 11:14am On Feb 18, 2018
He is an experienced driver.

Using the emergency breaks at a speed of 100mph would have been suicidal.

Again their competent 911 helped to save the day.

Something we lack here in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Watch:Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After BMW X5 Throttle Gets Stuck by Aldebaran(m): 1:31pm On Feb 18, 2018
The POLICE are the real SUPERHEROES grin

1 Like

Re: Watch:Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After BMW X5 Throttle Gets Stuck by btrocky09(m): 1:33pm On Feb 18, 2018
��

(1) (Reply)

Work And Stay In Turkey. / What Is The Cost Of Fueling An Aeroplane From Lagos To London / FRSC Advices Man Who Celebrated Surviving His 6th Auto Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.