Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

WEB...Travails of a detective. - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WEB...Travails of a detective. (27166 Views)

First Middle-grade Mystery/detective Novel Series By An African Writer / THE WITNESS (A Detective Kolapo Story) / THE CHASE (A Detective Kolapo Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 7:14am On May 10, 2018
comments please...
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by mismore(f): 7:29am On May 10, 2018
Nice story bro...
more ink to your pen and more grease to your elbow

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by skubido(m): 7:47am On May 10, 2018
jhurney:

bin busy

Ehyah, D Lord is ur strength oo.

Tink tinu will help James,

Tanks a lot for d update,

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by BiadeFolar(m): 10:19am On May 10, 2018
its not confusing. rather loaded with suspense.

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 1:35pm On May 10, 2018
hmmmm, clash of plans!!!! Weldone jhurney! More AR-15's to ur cabinet

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by codesty: 3:09pm On May 10, 2018
May your village people never locate your brain for ( negative effect) in Jesus

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by emperorblog(m): 3:34pm On May 10, 2018
READ MORE,COOL AND INTERESTING STORY ON
www.emperorblog.com.ng

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 3:45pm On May 10, 2018
codesty:
May your village people never locate your brain for ( negative effect) in Jesus
Amen Bruh
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 3:48pm On May 10, 2018
BiadeFolar:
its not confusing. rather loaded with suspense.
gud to hear
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Evold: 10:32am On May 11, 2018
very confusing. who is tinu again?

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 10:47am On May 11, 2018
Evold:
very confusing. who is tinu again?
Tinu from the police academy, the one james was attracted to...

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by devilmaycry1(m): 2:10pm On May 11, 2018
geting bloodly

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by devilmaycry1(m): 2:11pm On May 11, 2018
nice one

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by EkopSparoAyara(m): 10:32am On May 12, 2018
Hmmmm... Too many plans... They will certainly be a clash of plans... This is mind blowing..

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by mekonglobal(m): 4:04am On May 13, 2018
You're doing a great job here! More Power 2 ur brain.

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by princejones(m): 9:59pm On May 16, 2018
Nice piece and interested storyline but you update are always telling some much longer period before it do comes

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Bluefish7(m): 11:14pm On May 17, 2018
jhurney:

no vex bro...
na exams jare.
updates coming soon, i may have to hasten up the story and end it.

Aiit, all the best na......... I for say take your time buh, tym sef nor dey wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 3:26pm On May 25, 2018
Episode Thirty Six
Part one..

I offered little resistance as my hands were placed behind my back and cuffed. I was only praying the judge's verdict on my offence will be lenient, and no matter how long the prison term is, i'll locate Ayo and strangle his neck before killing myself. As much as I tried to look tough, a tear escaped my two eyes. I smiled at ayo and the fear his face portrayed made me happy. His betrayal was out of this world and I'll make him pay.

AYO...

The way James stared at me and how he smiled made me more afraid but I knew if things work accordingly, the decoy was still the best bet if he wanted to live.
The SSS encountered a little problem at the gate of the hotel as a team of elite policemen came in at that instant. I smiled when I discovered they were in the hotel to arrest james. They had no choice than to let them go after their leader placed a call to someone.
I noticed the way James looked at the team leader, she didn't say a word before she went back to their vehicle, James also appeared dumbstruck before he was led into the SSS vehicle and driven off.
Before the police vehicle could leave, I quickly approached them and requested to see their leader.
She came down almost immediately. I noticed she was in a bad mood and went straight to the point, I told her I was an SSS agent and needed her number, she gave me the number after confirming my identity with my ID card.
meanwhile, while coming out of the hotel, I saw a foreigner going through a newspaper, there was nothing suspicious about him but according to musa's description, every oyinbo was a suspect at that moment.

CARLOS...

I observed the little drama that just played itself outside, although it delayed my plan, I had to call chief garba immediately. I updated him about the situation and he seemed okay with the situation, he assured me the SSS was ours too.
I dropped the newspaper in my hand on the table before going up the stairs.

AYO...
As I entered into the hotel, I noticed the foreigner in the reception was no longer there. I quickly jogged up the stairs as it was only a matter of time before the man will breach the door to the room although I locked it from outside....

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 3:28pm On May 25, 2018
I just typed this... I got a new phone, so I should be able to complete the story by next week. Thanks for your patience.

3 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Sexyolori(f): 5:23pm On May 25, 2018
jhurney:
I just typed this... I got a new phone, so I should be able to complete the story by next week. Thanks for your patience.
NICE ONE...

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by skubido(m): 6:02pm On May 25, 2018
Tanks a lot for the update

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 7:34pm On May 25, 2018
Episode Thirty Six.
Part Two....

AYO

Immediately i walked into the corridor that led to the room where musa was kept, I heard gunshots. I immediately bent down as i tried to locate the source of the shot since no one was in the corridor. In the process of doing so i noticed a sharp pain in my left arm. I quickly ran back without raising my head. I had been hit, but it was a scratch.

Carlos gently closed the door after Ayo ran back, he had shot at him from a very tight position.
He was just about opening the door to musa's room when he heard drastic footsteps coming up the stairs, luckily for him the next room was open when he turned the knob. He only needed to place his middle finger on his lips before the occupant of the room could shout, although it was the gun he was holding that scared the man.

He quickly resumed his assault on the door lock but not without straining his ears to pick out any sound. He knew it was a matter of time before the police arrives, the gunshot would have alerted the hotel occupants...

Ayo listened carefully to detect any sound, but he heard nothing. He brought out his phone and sent a message to musa, before sending another message to tinu.

Carlos slowly looked into the room after successfully opening the door. There was no one in the room. "Nigerians are now smarter" he thought to himself as he turned to exit the room and that was when he heard a sound, it was from the room...

MUSA
The phone fell to the ground immediately I finished flashing ayo' s mobile number. I kept quiet until I heard someone knock on the bathroom door.

AYO
I walked briskly but slowly trying not to make any sound. It was a gamble but it was a risk I had to take. I had sent musa a message, told him to flash my number once Carlos entered the room.

Just as I got to the door, i heard a muffled gunshot sounding like a suppressed cough. I ran into the room and opened fire on Carlos, I sent three quick shots into his chest. My belief was that he already killed musa... He fell backwards, hitting his head on the window frame before dropping to the ground.

My attention was drawn to the locked bathroom door. That was when I noticed my mistake, musa was still alive.

"Musa" I called out.

"I'm in here" he answered....

I opened the bathroom door and let musa out before dropping my gun on the chair.

‘‘Is he dead'' musa asked

''Yes, he is" I replied.

"But he is not bleeding" musa voiced out again....

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by skubido(m): 1:31pm On May 29, 2018
Tanks op.

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Canme4u(m): 3:16pm On May 29, 2018
Nice update

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by codesty: 1:30pm On May 30, 2018
This was my best story here... But due to delay update, i get tired of reading it.

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Evold: 2:15pm On May 30, 2018
Carlos has bulletproof but he will be arrested here I think.

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 11:21pm On May 30, 2018
codesty:
This was my best story here... But due to delay update, i get tired of reading it.
sorry bro...
The delay in updates is due to circumstances beyond my control.
I'll work on that.
I'm glad you've been enjoying the story.
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 2:48pm On May 31, 2018
EPISODE THIRTY SEVEN

Ayo half walked and half ran towards musa, when he heard Carlos was not bleeding. He placed his right hand on the side of his neck where he felt a pulse.

"He's alive" Ayo said excitedly, "He's wearing a kevlar vest"

"Am I free to go now"? Musa asked, refusing to comment on ayo's earlier statement.

"No, you ain't going nowhere" Ayo replied. "You stay here with me until the backup I sent for arrives" he added.

"OK" just make sure you keep to your words" musa muttered.

"Of course, I will keep to my word, we promised you a lenient punishment, and a lenient punishment you shall get" Ayo replied as he bent down to search Carlos unconscious body.

As he placed his hands inside Carlos pocket, a notification tone sounded. There was nothing on Carlos body, yet he could not decipher where the notification sound came from.

Was that sound from your phone? He said aloud, directing his gaze at musa, who was already seated on the bed.

"No" my phone fell down the other time, and it went off" musa answered.

"But I already checke...d my", Ayo was saying when his attention was drawn to a phone under the plastic chair adjacent to him.

"who owns this" He asked.

"It may be Carlos's" musa replied almost immediately.

Ayo was about pressing the power button on the phone when another notification was heard, the phone's backlight came on and two new messages notification was displayed.

Ayo clicked on it,
"The meeting is about to start, I hope you've not encountered any difficulty in your assignment, reply this message asap"

The second message was brief and precise
"The meeting is underway, and we are only spending two hours here.
Ayo noticed the sender's number was saved as boss.

Who is the boss? He asked musa.

"The boss should be chief garba" musa replied feigning annoyance.

Have you been to the meeting before? Ayo asked again.

"Yes" musa replied, shrugging his shoulders.

Is it the regular place for any meeting? he added.

"yes" we only have one meeting place. musa replied.

"You'll take me.." Ayo was replying when Tinu entered with her team.

"You will take us there" He rephrased.

Where is he taking us? Tinu asked

"The real culprit's location" he replied. But we need to drop this hitman somewhere safe and secure. Ayo added, pointing a finger at Carlos.

I know somewhere...tinu replied.

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by skubido(m): 4:01pm On May 31, 2018
Tanks for the update. Jah bless

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by paqman: 4:05pm On May 31, 2018
It been a long time bro, i wish you good luck in your exams and don't forget to keep the update coming

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by mekonglobal(m): 6:46pm On May 31, 2018
angry I want more!

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 7:41pm On May 31, 2018
paqman:
It been a long time bro, i wish you good luck in your exams and don't forget to keep the update coming
yeah, Thanks.
but I'm done wif the exams.
we are nearing the end of the story, updates should be constant now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Naked Truth (18+) / Wole Soyinka: Things You Didn’t Know About Him / Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.