Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG (1332 Views)

IPOB Members Mock Nigeria As They Declare No 2019 Election (Photos) / No Restructuring, No 2019 Election –southern Leaders / "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by pna1411(m): 7:17pm On Feb 18, 2018
ON FEBRUARY 18, 20183:58 PMIN NEWS, POLITICSCOMMENTS

By Nwafor Sunday

The governor of Benue state, Samuel Ortom, has again called on the federal government to act fast in its bid to find lasting solution over herdsmen attack in the country, especially Benue.

The governor equally threatened the federal government with the forthcoming 2019 election, noting that he has already stopped anything that has to do with politics till federal government stops herdsmen from killing his people.

In an exclusive interview with ‘The Osasu Show’, the governor expressed dissatisfaction over federal government’s approach in treating the case.

In his words, “It is as if the federal government has taken sides with Miyeti Allah Cattle Breeders Association. Both the IG of police and defence ministers statements are testaments to what I am saying.

“Though I don’t know the level of support the herders get from the presidency, but the press statements by the Miyeti Allah Cattle Breeders Association comes from people living in Abuja.

“Well, I wouldn’t know about their patrons or the extent of some cable involvement. But one thing I know is that the people that have been issuing these press conferences and statements are known. They are living in Abuja, they are living with the powers that be.

“These people have gone beyond grazing; it is about invading the land and taking over. All the places they have attacked, they have chased the people away and they are using their farmlands produce as feed for their cattle.

“They are conducting international conferences, issuing press releases and writing on social media and they have come out to say look, in 1804 Jihad, it was Benue people that stopped them from penetrating from Sokoto to the sea.

“And this time around, they are not going to stop. They will make sure that the mobilise all Fulani men across the globe, especially from the West African sub-region to ensure that they acquire arms and come and invade and take over the land.

“Because they also said that Nigeria is the only land that God has given them, so no other person will supervene on this land except them. That it is their own land, they got this land by conquest and we have no business staying on this land. It is unbelievable. The statement is coming from Miyetti Allah.

“For now, my primary concern is to stop these killings; to ensure that the IDPs go back to their homes and live peacefully. Once that is done, we can talk about other things,” he said.

“I don’t care about what happens tomorrow. Even if I am not governor, I can stay back and fight for the right of my people.

“When we visited, we even invited the president to come to Benue state and pay his condolences to his people. Because we are members of the party, he is our president. If these people are attacking us, we expect him to give us security.

“He has done a number of things. He directed NEMA to provide relief materials, he also asked for security to be beefed up but I am not satisfied with what the presidency is doing on this matter. There is no doubt about that.

“I ask for justice for Benue people because we have not been treated fairly. The attack on Benue is an act of vengeance by herders for losing the 1804 Jihad. Benue people stopped them from penetrating the state through the sea”, he said.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/give-us-justice-else-no-2019-campaign-ortom-warns-fg/

3 Likes

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:19pm On Feb 18, 2018
grin cheesy
Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by omenkaLives(m): 7:23pm On Feb 18, 2018
Only folks who are totally ignorant of the situation on ground in Benue state would think this whale of a failure stands a chance in 2019.

The idiot long abandoned his duties to his people even before the herdsmen saga and is hoping attacking the FG or Buhari would buy him enough political leverage to scale what lies ahead.

Nairaland ignorant commentators especially have forgotten this was the same man they mocked nearly to death over the "wheelbarrow empowerment" saga and the "billboard commissioning" saga.

They've suddenly forgotten about his rift with Wike over his Total lack of leadership skills and how the stat has deteriorated under his watch be that infrastructure or security-wise.

He's become their hero because he now PRETENDS to loathe the same person they leathe - Buhari.

Ortom has been a failure from the very day he took his oath of office and would likely remain so. His fate has already been signed and sealed and no amount of social media whitewashing would save him.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by ZombieBuster: 7:25pm On Feb 18, 2018
omenkaLives:
Only folks who are totally ignorant of the situation on ground in Benue state would think this whale of a failure stands a chance in 2019.

The idiot long abandoned his duties to his people even before the herdsmen saga and is hoping attacking the FG or Buhari would buy him enough political leverage to scale what lies ahead.

Nairaland ignorant commentators especially have forgotten

How people think this guy is from Benue baffles me
It is not just possible....

Are they no Tiv people on the forum
They should put this guy in his place
Enough is enough

5 Likes

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by Chef2000: 7:25pm On Feb 18, 2018
omenkaLives:

At this junture I give up! You're a fulani man

6 Likes

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by ZombieBuster: 7:28pm On Feb 18, 2018
CC castanea jason1

2 Likes

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by headhunter1: 7:31pm On Feb 18, 2018
[s]
omenkaLives:

[/s]
omenka why are you against anyone that speaks against fulani herdsmen killing your people
from ffk Wike Fayose and now Ortom
why why why?
why do you hate your people so much like this
why are you Always supporting fulani herdsmen against your people just because Buhari is a fulani?
omenka look at yourself in the mirror?
do you still have humanity in you
even Buhari supported bokoharam when Gej was butchering them because they're his people
but here are poor innocent farmers that you're supposed to be their voice rather you're supporting the herdsmen killing them just because of some petty politics
omenka repent and pity your people
nobody knows tomorrow
nobody knows the next victim of fulani herdsmen
it could be you or anybody cry

3 Likes

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by kitaatita: 7:31pm On Feb 18, 2018
omenkaLives:

The governor is fanning the embers of hatred and violence with his utterances and actions. I shuddered when I saw a parade of coffins, procession and incendiary speeches. I ask myself, apart from ethic influenced speeches, what has the governor done to find solution after the killing. He is playing politics with human life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by ZombieBuster: 7:31pm On Feb 18, 2018
fulaniHERDSman:
grin cheesy

It's only election campaign that will bring Buhari to Benue and not death of innocent citizenry

2 Likes

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by omenkaLives(m): 7:33pm On Feb 18, 2018
In addition, anyone proficient in the language of pigs should please translate this to them: I DON'T INTERACT WITH OR RESPOND TO PIGS.

Thanks.
Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by headhunter1: 7:35pm On Feb 18, 2018
[s]
omenkaLives:
In addition, anyone proficient in the language of pigs should please translate this to them: I DON'T INTERACT WITH OR RESPOND TO PIGS.

Thanks.
[/s]
shatap there and get out
Stop shifting goal post
we'll continue to tell you the truth
that's my responsibility
Stop supporting evil against your people
be their voice
remember karma is a sexy deadly woman
omenka repent!!!

3 Likes

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by ZombieBuster: 7:36pm On Feb 18, 2018
kitaatita:

The governor is fanning the embers of hatred and violence with his utterances and actions. I shuddered when I saw a parade of coffins, procession and incendiary speeches. I ask myself, apart from ethic influenced speeches, what has the governor done to find solution after the killing. He is playing politics with human life.

He is fanning the embers of hate?
Did you hear yourself
The perpetrators should be loved and commended

As for what he has done
He doesn't have any authority over the police or Army
And he has gone and written countless times to the person who has that authority

Unfortunately the person has done nothing
The same person who you are so scared to put the blame on... The person who the bulk is on his desk

His name is Mummuhari Buhari the dullard in charge

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by omenkaLives(m): 7:37pm On Feb 18, 2018
kitaatita:

The fool isn't even aware of what awaits him in Benue South Senatorial district.

Folks are warming up to ask him why he has suddenly been jolted to "action" after Guma, when #Agatu was far worse. They'd want to know if he's the governor of Zone A and B alone.

1 Like

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by headhunter1: 7:41pm On Feb 18, 2018
[s]
omenkaLives:
The fool isn't even aware of what awaits him in Benue South Senatorial district.

Folks are warming up to ask him why he has suddenly been jolted to "action" after Guma, when #Agatu was far worse. They'd want to know if he's the governor of Zone A and B alone.
[/s]
what is your contribution? not even condemning the activities of the fulani herdsmen
have you ever speak against the murderous herdsmen?
even agatu massacre rather you said that fulani herdsmen are not the killers rather agatu people are killing themselves.
omenka stop the hypocrisy because though Ortom failed but at least he knew when to draw a line between politics and the welfare of his people unlike you that supports the oppressor of your people
that makes him a billion better man than you.

kiss the truth

5 Likes

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by dlondonbadboy: 7:41pm On Feb 18, 2018
Omenka is from Benue...Instead of him to support his people, you would rather kiss fulanis ass. Tufiakwa!

Them dey kill your people, instead of to speak against the killers, you blame your dead people...It shall not be well with who ever did this to this boy!

Tufiakwa!!

4 Likes

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by TheFreeOne: 8:22pm On Feb 18, 2018
omenkaLives:

Nairaland ignorant commentators especially have forgotten this was the same man they mocked nearly to death over the "wheelbarrow empowerment" saga and the "billboard commissioning" saga.

They've suddenly forgotten about his rift with Wike over his Total lack of leadership skills and how the stat has deteriorated under his watch be that infrastructure or security-wise.

He's become their hero because he now PRETENDS to loathe the same person they leathe - Buhari.

Ortom has been a failure from the very day he took his oath of office and would likely remain so. His fate has already been signed and sealed and no amount of social media commentary would save him.
You claimed to be from Benue but where is your empathy as a human being

A lot of Nigerians aren't from Benue but are concerned about the killings by Fulani terrorists but you refused to accept that Buhari failed to protect these helpless people instead you keep lambasting Ortom. Are you so heartless that their lives doesn't matter?

Even animals have empathy and I don't believe you are from Benue but if you truly are then it's so unfortunate.

Change your attitude cos natural laws never fails.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by TheKingIsHere: 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2018
Buhari is a disgrace and a monumental failure

2 Likes

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by TheFreeOne: 8:35pm On Feb 18, 2018
dlondonbadboy:
Omenka is from Benue...Instead of him to support his people, you would rather kiss fulanis ass. Tufiakwa!

Them dey kill your people, instead of to speak against the killers, you blame your dead people...It shall not be well with who ever did this to this boy!

Tufiakwa!!

That guy must be Fulani cos it's totally insane for a man to support oppressors and killers of his people.

Or possibly he's suffering from some strain of stockholm syndrome.

1 Like

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by Castanea(m): 8:41pm On Feb 18, 2018
Justice should not just be served; it should be served speedily. Delay is bad in this case.

1 Like

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by Castanea(m): 9:04pm On Feb 18, 2018
ZombieBuster:

He is fanning the embers of hate?
Did you hear yourself
The perpetrators should be loved and commended

As for what he has done
He doesn't have any authority over the police or Army
And he has gone and written countless times to the person who has that authority

Unfortunately the person has done nothing
The same person who you are so scared to put the blame on... The person who the bulk is on his desk

His name is Mummuhari Buhari the dullard in charge

Thanks for inviting me to the thread.

You see. I find it absolutely difficult engaging some people on this forum because of their reasoning pattern.

People have been killed in avoidable circumstances and the authorities concerned are not even making efforts to arrest the perpetrators. The Governor has been calling for the arrest of those who threatened attacks on Benue. Yet, till today, none of the leaders of Miyetti Allah has been arrested.

It is really baffling when people turn around and begin to blame the Governor for crying out for justice. More baffling is the idea of blaming the Governor for mass burial.

You see. The authorities are more concerned with the image of their party than the lives of the citizens. The Governor did nothing wrong in organizing State burial for the victims.

Instead of proscribing Miyetti Allah and disarming them, the Governor is rather being blamed for talking too much. This is so strange!

2 Likes

Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by Castanea(m): 9:41pm On Feb 18, 2018
ZombieBuster:

How people think this guy is from Benue baffles me
It is not just possible....

Are they no Tiv people on the forum
They should put this guy in his place
Enough is enough

Actually we are many here but the issue is that, we don't want to make it look as if, we are playing ethnic cards. I have many handles which I'm operating on this forum. He knows at least two of my handles and he knows me in person.

In the immediate past, we were together in criticizing Ortom. I criticized the Governor a lot for poor governance, and for his poor handling of the killings in the State, particularly in Agatu. But as for me, when the Governor started making efforts in this regard, I began commending him just like every other person here.

It is true the Governor did not attend to the killings in Agatu the way he should. Also, the issue of salaries. I am not holding brief for him on this forum. I am not a fan of the Governor or any other politician in the State. My uncle is a politician but I am never on the same page with him due to their selfish brand of politics and lack of visionary leadership.

What I know is that, we don't need to continue blaming. I feel we should be ready to criticize when we have to, and also commend when there is need. If I should give you my other usernames, you will easily confirm my own stand on issues. I am always objective and fair.

So, you see, there is no need joining issues unnecessarily. I am from the majority tribe while he is from the minority.
Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by 9jaArea: 10:07pm On Feb 18, 2018
omenkaLives:

Ortom has been a failure from the very day he took his oath of office and would likely remain so. His fate has already been signed and sealed and no amount of social media whitewashing would save him.
Well said....
Re: Give Us Justice, Else No 2019 Campaign, Ortom Warns FG by anibirelawal(m): 11:11pm On Feb 18, 2018
This Governor Ortom is fast becoming a Talkative like FFK and co.

Instead to Foster a way with the Fedral Government to end the Menace, He is here playing politics with the people of Benue. Looking for sympathy everywhere.

Mr man i will never take you serious, we know your types.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Adorable Photos Students On Excursion At Imo Hall Of Fame / Shehu Replies ‘lying Pastor’ Reno Omokri, Reveals How He Joined Buhari's Govt / Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose Has Asked Pres Buhari 8 Critical Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.