Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future (15025 Views)

Career Change: Is It Wise To Change My Career Path At This Stage???? / I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise / Three Money Truth For New Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by LordIsaac(m): 5:42pm On Feb 19, 2018
Nice post... Irrespective, though, Africa is still 300 years behind civilisation. So, no, there is hope for every educated Nigerian in any field down here. cheesy
Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by jayaim: 5:46pm On Feb 19, 2018
franchasng:
It is time Nigeria and other backward thinking African nations stop offering some archaic courses in our universities and polytechnics.

We need courses that will prepare our youths for the future, courses like:

1. Software development and engineering
2. Robotics
3. AI (Artificial Intelligence)
4. Biomedical engineering
5. Advanced programming and coding
6. Renewable energy engineering
7. Social Media
8. Entrepreneurship

Etc because unemployment will become worst in few years to come. A lot of Nigerian graduates won't get job again....and I work in an oil company will soon expire, its time is about getting up!

Nice article
. U forgot to add cryptocurrency, cuz is a digital disruption
Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by KeenMind(m): 5:52pm On Feb 19, 2018
LOL.

What a coincidence.

This was the central thesis of Yuval Harari's postulations in his book "Homo Deus: A History of Tomorrow" which I was reading today.

But I do not agree wholly with him and ipso facto this write up. Whilst technological inventions do come at the expense of job lost, it's not as gloomy as painted.

Capitalism can never embark on such a "suicidal mission". People need money to patronize capitalist outputs, they earn the bulk of that money from emoluments so there's always a tendency and infact, reality, that capitalism finds a point of trade-off between rapid technological inventions and job security.

Nice article once more, OP.
Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by KeenMind(m): 5:58pm On Feb 19, 2018
Delivar:
Put the population increase in-check! That's the root cause of this issue. The population is rising to dangerous levels

Global population or Nigerian population?
Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by Greatzeus(m): 6:17pm On Feb 19, 2018
alphaconde:
heartbreaking

but then how many cashiers did the atm send home?

we even had to employ more people to make the atm work
Those the ATM provided jobs for
1. Employees working in ATM manufacturing company
2. Employees working with ATM installation company
3. ATM attendants in bank. They are in charge of ATM, reloading it with cash,etc
4. Renewable Energy companies (This is where I fall). They install back up batteries,inverters for the ATM.
Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by femimike1(m): 6:26pm On Feb 19, 2018
Etihadstore:
Entrepreneurship is d way to go....

My signature......I just updated my blog with an interesting article..... 7 most fundamental skills to learn to be successful in life

Nothing is on your signature bro

Paste d link here
Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by EdoBoy90(m): 6:35pm On Feb 19, 2018
franchasng:
It is time Nigeria and other backward thinking African nations stop offering some archaic courses in our universities and polytechnics.

We need courses that will prepare our youths for the future, courses like:

1. Software development and engineering
2. Robotics
3. AI (Artificial Intelligence)
4. Biomedical engineering
5. Advanced programming and coding
6. Renewable energy engineering
7. Social Media
8. Entrepreneurship

Etc because unemployment will become worst in few years to come. A lot of Nigerian graduates won't get job again....and I work in an oil company will soon expire, its time is about getting up!

Nice article
Thanks

Add

Control Systems Engineering
Nano Engineering or Nanotechnology.
Computational Fluid Dynamics
Mechatronics Engineering
Telecommunications Engineering

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by nkemjacob2(m): 6:46pm On Feb 19, 2018
Best write up for the day... One major reason spotted to be unemployment threat is technology. Though the unemployment is a global problem, but Africa suffers the heat more (nothing to hold on). It's high time our African leaders begins to drop their selfish interest and look what hold for the future...

This write up should make everyone begin to have a 2nd thought of his or her career.
Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by mastermaestro(m): 6:53pm On Feb 19, 2018
dreamwords:
If You are 30+ ,jobless and still hoping in Nigeria, my brother Leave this country and run,

Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by Feranchek(m): 6:55pm On Feb 19, 2018
I'm an engineer in a brewery. Make robot come run machine or fix issues on it na.... abegi!!

Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by EdoBoy90(m): 7:00pm On Feb 19, 2018
Feranchek:
I'm an engineer in a brewery. Make robot come run machine or fix issues on it na.... abegi!!

Pls Fellow, help your guy with a job now for brewery. I have B.Eng in Mechanical Engineering with good grade and experience.

Thanks for the response in anticipation.
Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by Feranchek(m): 7:09pm On Feb 19, 2018
EdoBoy90:

Pls Fellow, help your guy with a job now for brewery. I have B.Eng in Mechanical Engineering with good grade and experience.

Thanks for the response in anticipation.

Baba mi, just log on to and subscribe to indeed dot com. Dem legit for many jobs die.
Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by Tunagee(m): 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2018
Akanbibabatunde:
angry
Must you quote the whole write up Mr??

Who is this illiterate vagabond?
Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by 400billionman: 7:35pm On Feb 19, 2018
alphaconde:
heartbreaking

but then how many cashiers did the atm send home?

we even had to employ more people to make the atm work

One cashier stocks 5 ATM machines with cash in a day....

One ATM can do the work of 3 cashiers under 24hours.

Maintenance staff only come around from head offices once in a month for electronic /electrical repairs

1 Like

Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by henrixx(m): 7:46pm On Feb 19, 2018
to clarify this... it's only those who read social sciences like us that have a bleak future as regards employment

what needs to be done is. that technological and scientific courses need to be encouraged in our educational system to meet current trends and future demands. there's too much students studying art courses in Nigeria... and dats over double the students in science and technology departments
Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by Akanbibabatunde(m): 9:17pm On Feb 19, 2018
Tunagee:

Who is this illiterate vagabond?
All this poor people sef...

Mo jor baba re nii??

Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by Delivar(m): 9:52pm On Feb 19, 2018
KeenMind:

Global population or Nigerian population?
Both
Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
When using capitals intensive, you need labour to operate those machines, so you can't completely sidestep labour employment in the future.
Re: Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 03, 2018
That's just the sad truth. The job searching world is only becoming more competitive

(1) (2) (Reply)

Switching From Account To Tech / Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria / Increment Of Workers Salary Will Reduce Corruption – NLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.