Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April (1859 Views)

Poll: Will Spurs get a win over United?

Yes, definitely: 25% (1 vote)
No, United will win this: 75% (3 votes)
No, they'll draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Liverpool Vs Tottenham (3 - 2) On 10th February 2015 / UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (4 - 1) On 24th April, 2013 / UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by Cristalz(f): 9:42am On Apr 23, 2010
The EPL saga kicks off early Saturday afternoon with Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur battling for 3 vital points.

Both sides know that this is a must-win game following their respective results against Chelsea and Manchester City last weekend that re-opened both the title race and the battle for fourth spot.
Spurs will enter the game fully reinvigorated after last week's matches, having previously won just three of 61 league meetings with Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United during the 'noughties'.
Harry Redknapp's men have now won two in a row against these sides in 2010 and will be hoping to make it three at Old Trafford on Saturday.

For their part, whilst grateful for Spurs' win over Chelsea, United will need to be at their best to recover from a shaky run of games that has seen them knocked out of Europe, lose to Chelsea and draw at Blackburn, although a last-gasp winner from Paul Scholes in the derby match last time out in the league will have boosted their confidence.

In the recent head-to-head between the two sides, Manchester United certainly seem to have the edge, winning 13 of their last 17 meetings with Spurs and drawing the other four, whilst they are unbeaten in 23 games at home to the Londoners in all competitions since 1989.

Frustratingly for Harry Redknapp's men, they have gone ahead in three of their last four games against United in the league, but lost two of these and drawn the other.

United could be boosted by the returns of Rio Ferdinand and Wes Brown for the game and are likely to only be missing their three long-term absentees of Danny Welbeck, Michael Owen and Anderson.
Spurs have also been unlucky in terms of their defenders' fitness this season and Jonathan Woodgate remains out until the end of the campaign along with Carlo Cudicini.

Other players unlikely to feature include Danny Rose, Niko Kranjcar, Jermain Jenas and Aaron Lennon.
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by Emperoh(m): 11:15am On Apr 23, 2010
Smooth seas truly do not make skillful sailors. . . . . .we hope this is one of them rough terrains we can grind over with our SUV
I expect a win regardless of their result against our fellow top 4 comrades. . . . they play like we do so its a battle of who's more skillful!!

Am just sceptical about the timing of the match. . . . save for last saturday, lunch time fixtures have hardly favoured us.
I hope this isn't one of them. . . United to win by a two goal margin!!!
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by tkb417(m): 11:59am On Apr 23, 2010
3-1 in UTDs favour

spurs to score first as usual
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by BinghiNya(m): 1:36pm On Apr 23, 2010
3-1 to United.
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2010
I wouldn't join the chorus that is predict an easy win for United.
Spurs are really an improved side.Gareth Bale was once the next big thing.Initially,we thought he settled for spurs because he couldn't cut it at United.But his displays over the past few months show he has something to offer.If he faces Gary Neville,as is most likely,we might run into trouble.
Modric is playing good:gave Lampard and co a good run last Saturday.Michael Dawson should be in contention for England in SA from his form over the season.
I won't under-rate this Spurs side,they are good enough to finish fourth.They will give us a handful,I know.
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by bigfather(m): 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2010
Eastbay:

I wouldn't join the chorus that is predict an easy win for United.
Spurs are really an improved side.Gareth Bale was once the next big thing.Initially,we thought he settled for spurs because he couldn't cut it at United.But his displays over the past few months show he has something to offer.If he faces Gary Neville,as is most likely,we might run into trouble.
Modric is playing good:gave Lampard and co a good run last Saturday.Michael Dawson should be in contention for England in SA from his form over the season.
I won't under-rate this Spurs side,they are good enough to finish fourth.They will give us a handful,I know.

You are very right bro !
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by eyoniggar(m): 3:02pm On Apr 23, 2010
Manure is going down 2-1.
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by presido1: 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2010
Musa Yara Berbadua on the pitch again today. Let's hope he will perform as par playing against his old club.

Wazza why must this injury come to you this time of the season?
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by khanye(m): 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2010
Palacios is back! Lennon is on da bench grin
Spurs to win 3-1 cool
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 24, 2010
where is every body? wink
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by jalether(m): 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2010
The game has been unusually scrappy so far, where is the free flowing footie this game promised
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by nateevs(m): 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2010
I really hope Spurs complete the hat-trick.
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by yemmight(m): 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2010
nateevs:

I really hope Spurs complete the hat-trick.

Na only hat-trick? Every team go be like Chelsea.
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by jalether(m): 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2010
Bently is a cow, I trust papa Xavi to spot Gareth bales' run
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by jalether(m): 1:15pm On Apr 24, 2010
Where are the scummies.
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by nateevs(m): 1:16pm On Apr 24, 2010
yemmight:

Na only hat-trick? Every team go be like Chelsea.

Of course not every team is like Chelsea.
How many teams beat Utd home and away and go on to win the league?
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by nateevs(m): 1:22pm On Apr 24, 2010
I agree Huddlestone always slows Spurs' game down.
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by nateevs(m): 1:33pm On Apr 24, 2010
Modric? Impressive player.
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by yemmight(m): 1:37pm On Apr 24, 2010
United must raise thier game 2nd to enable them control this stubborm Tottenham.
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by yemmight(m): 1:39pm On Apr 24, 2010
Half time, still goalles.  Go for gold united.
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by nateevs(m): 2:04pm On Apr 24, 2010
Very very stupid challenge.
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by yemmight(m): 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2010
United leads cool
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by jalether(m): 2:16pm On Apr 24, 2010
Goal King, perfect response from spurs, they never let me down
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by nateevs(m): 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2010
Now that's what I'm talking about.
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by nateevs(m): 2:18pm On Apr 24, 2010
Shocking defending from Rafael.
Stay on the line until the ball is cleared.
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by kaypumpin2(m): 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2010
WTF is Rafael doing? undecided
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by yemmight(m): 2:22pm On Apr 24, 2010
Raf is an idiot
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by nateevs(m): 2:23pm On Apr 24, 2010
The PL has changed. .
Spurs didn't come here for a draw.
Crouch on for Pav.
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by yemmight(m): 2:25pm On Apr 24, 2010
United are not hosting 2 draw either.
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by Krayola(m): 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2010
Nani Goal

Nice
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by triistar86: 2:27pm On Apr 24, 2010
Nnnnnaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnniiiiiiiii. . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Man United Vs Tottenham [3 - 1] On Saturday 24th April by yemmight(m): 2:28pm On Apr 24, 2010
Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wayne And Coleen Rooney Reveal Sex Of Their Unborn Baby / T B Joshua Predicts Winners Of Epl,la Liga And Champions League 2011/2012 / United 4 Life: Trip 2 Old Trafford:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.