Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,781 members, 7,955,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:28 PM

Video: Democracy Is Why I Asked PMB To Step Down – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video: Democracy Is Why I Asked PMB To Step Down – Obasanjo (397 Views)

Insecurity: Falae, Bode George Ask PMB To Implement 2014 National CONFAB Report / Ajimobi Shuts Down Obasanjo Farms, Banks, University Press, Others In Oyo / OBJ Prefers PMB To Jail Him Than For GEJ To Ruin Nigeria - My Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Video: Democracy Is Why I Asked PMB To Step Down – Obasanjo by sirequity(m): 11:56am On Feb 19, 2018
FORMER President, Olusegun Obasanjo, has said democracy is the reason behind his call to President Muhammadu Buhari to step down from the mantle of leadership.

Mr. Obasanjo stated this in an interview with Deutsche Welle and aired by Channels Television.

He said democracy is about ‘change’ especially when the expected result is not achieved as this was the reason the administration of former president Goodluck Jonathan was voted out, adding that his call on the president to step aside was a right one.

“Yes it was a right decision, with the benefit of an insight, you will agree with me if you know what has happened and what is happening, what is being revealed about the government of Jonathan and those who are with him in terms of sordid corruption and you will agree that it was the right decision (to vote him out).

“I believe it was a decision also that is good at that point in time for our country and our democracy because we were able to transition from one party to another party, as a result of that we are consolidating our democratic process, so it was a right decision.

“And then it’s also a right decision now for us to see that the man who has taken over from Jonathan (Buhari) has not met the expectation of Nigerians that is what democracy is all about.

“Democracy is about change if things are not what they should be so it’s a right decision but if you say that’s not the right decision then you’re not a democrat, and I am a democrat and tomorrow if I take a decision and things have not worked out the way we expected to work out in a democracy then you make a change,” the former president said.

Read more: https://www.headlineng.com/video-democracy-asked-pmb-step-obj/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpXBnJkBK0Y
Re: Video: Democracy Is Why I Asked PMB To Step Down – Obasanjo by e2ky4real: 12:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
cool
Re: Video: Democracy Is Why I Asked PMB To Step Down – Obasanjo by Rigel95(m): 12:11pm On Feb 19, 2018
k

(1) (Reply)

Agbajoowo Exalts Aregbesola’s Performance / The Fulanisation Of Nigeria And The Perfidy Of The British (part 1) FFK / My Reason For Attacking Obasanjo - Senator Adamu Opens Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.