Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) (23867 Views)

Senator Andrew Uchendu Pays His Media Aide N30,000 Per Month (Photo) / Group Protests Against Lagos Land Use Charge, Gives Ambode Horns On The Head / Blind Man In Borno Donates His Land To Shelter Refugees. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by londonrivals: 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Monday paid his Land Use Charge, with an announcement that the State Government will no longer accept cash payment in revenue collection effective from March 1, 2018.

Speaking shortly after paying at Opebi branch of Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) in the presence of top management staff of the bank, Governor Ambode said the measure was aimed at improving on service delivery to residents of the State and as well block all revenue leakages.

He said the transaction process in revenue collection has now been made easy for the people who, according to the Governor, can now pay every day, any time and online.

“In order to ensure that the government improves on the quality of service delivery to our people, effective from 1st March, 2018, no payment or taxes will be made by cash henceforth across the State.

“Tax payers should be able to pay all legitimate bills through all payment channels at their own time and convenience. The transaction process is now going to be every day, anytime and no weekends.

“We should be able to pay our taxes from any bank, any branch using webpay, paypoint and USSD, thereby encouraging mobile money without any contact with government officials. I repeat, every kobo counts; do not pay into wrong hands anymore,” Governor Ambode said.

He said in partnership with Interswitch Limited, all the multi-layer platforms would henceforth be deployed and used by all government Ministries, Agencies, Parastatals, Associated Companies and Units.

While explaining the rationale behind his decision to lead the payment of Land Use Charge, Governor Ambode said the State Government could not preach and promise prosperity without leading by example, just as he urged residents and all taxable adults to be faithful to their civic obligations.

He said: “Today, what we are doing is to back up our talk with our work. The State Government cannot be promising prosperity in the future without investing in the future. I have just invested my quota by paying my Land Use Charge and I ask all residents and citizens to join me by courageously making a decision for prosperity and pay all their due taxes.

“Just as I paid, instantly, I received my receipt as evidence of payment which shows that every kobo I have invested is going directly to the Lagos State Government account.

“Lagosians, with your full support, there is evidence that every kobo paid in taxes has been productively utilized in infrastructural renewal and development of this State in the last two and half years.

“It is my hope that we have gained your trust and confidence to move this State forward. For every one kobo you pay as taxes, we will give greater value and comfort to all citizens without anyone left behind.”

Besides, the Governor directed all the Local Government Areas and Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs) in the State to adjust their collection machineries to also eliminate all leakages.

“Finally, I appeal to all taxable adults to be patriotic in this crusade. That flyover or health centre is built from you taxes and contributions. The facility provided is for everybody irrespective of tribe, religion or creed. Let us show the rest of Nigerians what it is to be a proud Lagosian. Perform your civic duties, it is the right thing to do,” he said.

SIGNED

HABIB ARUNA

CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY

FEBRUARY 19, 2018

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-ambode-pays-land-use-charge-gtbank/

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by londonrivals: 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2018

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by nairavsdollars(f): 1:18pm On Feb 19, 2018
So, he wants all of us to pay land use charge too and yet refuse heaps are everywhere

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by luvinhubby(m): 1:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
The best governor in Africa.

Minus the Lekki toll gate fare increase.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by omenkaLives(m): 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
I hope one of those e-billionaires from the land of the rising mud won't come here to tell us how Ambode pays rent to them, since they seem to be the owners of every square in of land in Lagos.

Still hoping Lagosians borrow us this man for two months and have our hardworking gomina join Lagos waste management Authority clear some waste being stockpiled by saboteurs around the metropolis. embarassed

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by agwom(m): 2:02pm On Feb 19, 2018
undecided
Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 19, 2018
You negros have very bizarre sounding names. Am a Border. Hilarious.
Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by KrystosCJ(m): 2:22pm On Feb 19, 2018
Publicity is cheap. Please show us the receipt then we will believe.

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by anochuko01(m): 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2018
nairavsdollars:
So, he wants all of us to pay land use charge too and yet refuse heaps are everywhere
you can wonder how neat he was when he was younger. even now sef
Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by bangging(m): 2:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
[quote author=luvinhubby post=65195067]The best governor in Africa.

Minus the Lekki toll gate fare increase.[/quote. see your face..
Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by tomtos88(m): 2:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
luvinhubby:
The best governor in Africa.

Minus the Lekki toll gate fare increase.

And refuse pilling up like mad everywhere

1 Like

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by passyhansome(m): 2:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
omenkaLives:
I hope one of those e-billionaires from the land of the rising mud won't come here to tell us how Ambode pays rent to them, since they seem to be the owners of every square in of land in Lagos.

Still hoping Lagosians borrow us this man for two months and have our hardworking gomina join Lagos waste management Authority clear some waste being stockpiled by saboteurs around the metropolis. embarassed

Wisdom is far from you

18 Likes

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
Who is this one now? Nairaland be like amusement park for ur eye?
mexican:

1 Like

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by achiever12: 2:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
nairavsdollars:

These flaaaatheads should just go back to their states that have no dirt or refuse. Despite their empty yapping, flaaaathead cities are still among the dirtiest in the world

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 19, 2018
omenkaLives:

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by anochuko01(m): 2:25pm On Feb 19, 2018
mexican:
igoshuku wehdone oo. just coman spread the mat you peed on overnight

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by LAFO: 2:26pm On Feb 19, 2018

1 Like

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by DrHighchief(m): 2:28pm On Feb 19, 2018
Eko ni baje. Can governor be borrowed? If yes, ambode needs to go to some states and govern them for some time..

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by three: 2:32pm On Feb 19, 2018
Lagos the land of double taxation (triple in some cases) will now in addition be the land of double utility Levy.

forget that you're paying for nothing

1 Like

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by hyzich(m): 2:34pm On Feb 19, 2018
free advert for GT bank. Thumbs up to the management of GTB, those guys know what they are doing in business

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by Babacool100(m): 2:40pm On Feb 19, 2018
See where BRANCH MANAGER turn himself to CASHIER all in do name of HANDSHAKE. If na ordinary person come for transaction he no go stand up from his office oooo. NIGERIA SHA.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by achiever12: 2:40pm On Feb 19, 2018
omenkaLives:

Land of the Rising Mud.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by ipobarecriminals: 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2018
kiss undecided undecided sad undecided angry nir be bank we dey pay am b4?The same way Niagrans pay psp bill only for those unless. thieves to double charge u instead make dem deducted. mbanu!
Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by AlanTuringAI: 2:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
Babacool100:
See where BRANCH MANAGER turn himself to CASHIER all in do name of HANDSHAKE. If na ordinary person come for transaction he no go stand up from his office oooo. NIGERIA SHA.
That person there is way bigger than Branch manager. That's Segun Agbaje, the MD/CEO of GTB Worldwide.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by ruggedtimi(m): 2:54pm On Feb 19, 2018
eye service payment
Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by Haykinsofficial: 2:55pm On Feb 19, 2018
The process by which a snake swallows money is called... A. Phagocytosis B. Engulfing C. Pinocytosis D. Embezzlement. ..som pple wl still fail dis simple questns..

Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by RichDad1(m): 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2018
So he has ditched Access bank ?
Btw, why all the fanfares cos of him
Paying his Land use charge? undecided
Re: Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) by Kobicove(m): 2:59pm On Feb 19, 2018
I'm not impressed undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Campaign Boss Meets Lagos’ APC Warring Faction, Banire Ahead Primaries / Photos: The FireMen Of Lagos (Service To Humanity) / Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.