Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,588 members, 7,816,447 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Call For Submission - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Call For Submission (878 Views)

The African Poetry Project Calls For Submission Of Poems / Call For Submission New Voices From West Africa / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call For Submission by einsteine(m): 12:47pm On Apr 23, 2010
Caldaia Books, an electronic publisher is calling for submissions of novel lenght work and short story collections.

Caldaia Books publishes ebooks for the Amazon Kindle, Sony Reader, Stanza and Ipad platforms. All authors retain print rights for their books while Caldaia Books manages dramatic, translation and multimedia rights. Authors would not be asked to make any payment whatsoever.

Interested writers must have written a intelligible work that should be very interesting. To be considered for publication, send an email to caldaiabooks@yahoo.com for guidelines.
Re: Call For Submission by einsteine(m): 1:54pm On Apr 23, 2010
Very sorry. The email is caldaiabooksnigeria@yahoo.com.
Re: Call For Submission by akara100: 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2010
Could you please give more details. Payment, submission procedure and the like.
Re: Call For Submission by einsteine(m): 6:25pm On Apr 23, 2010
Alll authors are paid royalties on each copy downloaded. Marketing and promotion is done by Caldaia books with the author's assistance. The author has the right to make printed copies of the book. Other rights(Dramatic, Translation, Multimedia) are managed by Caldaia Books and any money realised from the sale of these rights are split in an agreed percentage.

On submissions, send a one page synopsis and five sample pages(First 5) to caldaiabooksnigeria@yahoo.com. For short story collection, send two of the stories. In addition to this, include a bio and if available, a photograph. Decisions would be made within a week whther to offer a contract or not.
Re: Call For Submission by akara100: 11:00am On Apr 24, 2010
Thanks. Is there a deadline for submissions? And are you SURE i wont be asked to pay any money?
Re: Call For Submission by einsteine(m): 12:50pm On Apr 24, 2010
Caldaia Books do not charge fees.
June 15 2010 is the deadline for submissions.
Re: Call For Submission by dumodust(m): 5:16pm On Apr 25, 2010
this caladia books must have a website, dont trust faceless people and emails except you have a copyright!!!
Re: Call For Submission by einsteine(m): 10:15am On Apr 28, 2010
dumodust:

this caladia books must have a website, dont trust faceless people and emails except you have a copyright!!!

Caldaia Books is currently developing their website. It should be up in two or three weeks. And by the way, the presence of a website does not mean the website is genuine. That said, I can assure nairalanders Caldaia Books is genuine. I also think an enlightenement on the issue of copyright is in order. Once you write something, you automatically get copyright on it. All this ideas of copyright infringement are pretty baselesss. How many people have you heard of that had their copyright stolen?
Re: Call For Submission by maedan(f): 10:58am On Apr 29, 2010
You can't just come here wanting people to take you serious, with only an email to show that you exist. Folks just treat writers like they are desperados who will just send their material to anyone who asks, just to get published. I think it's only fair to ask for more proof that you are genuine. Why not wait for your "website" to be up and going before you solicit for manuscripts?
Re: Call For Submission by dumodust(m): 6:16pm On Apr 29, 2010
maedan thanks for helping me make my point. no office address, no physical proof, just hey! come and submit your books
Re: Call For Submission by maedan(f): 8:40pm On Apr 29, 2010
dumodust:

maedan thanks for helping me make my point. no office address, no physical proof, just hey! come and submit your books

No probs, I get really annoyed when people just come here and use this online medium to raise false hopes. I'm a writer, I'd love to get published too, but I don't appreciate cheap "calls for submission". The Literature/Writing forum is a distinguished wink part of NL and people shouldn't use it to spam/deceive writers.

(1) (Reply)

Bring Me Your Memories / Must Read Books To Watch Out For In 2012 / Poetry Reading Session On 5th April 2012 At The Us Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.