Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,034,882 members, 7,441,308 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 May 2023 at 01:46 AM
Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancy For A Senior Associate – Corporate Commercial Lawyer (334 Views)
Babban Gona Is Hiring - Associate, Corporate Finance, Nigeria / Vacancy For A Commercial Lawyer / Vacancy For A Senior Associate – Corporate Commercial Lawyer (2) (3) (4)
|Vacancy For A Senior Associate – Corporate Commercial Lawyer by tolex29(f): 4:38pm On Feb 19, 2018|
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
Description of Duties:
1. All administrative tasks required by the role.
2. Deal with issues pertaining to business transactions. Draft client agreements, negotiate employment contracts or write purchase agreements.
3. Review business transactions or negotiate trade, employment and other agreements.
4. Draft and negotiate contracts, whether in their own right or as part of complex mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
5. Provide a broad range of commercial legal support for operational and corporate services issues, advising in particular on a wide range of general commercial contracts of all sizes, including outsourcings, facilities management contracts, marketing and agency contracts, consultancy and other services arrangements, confidentiality agreements and other related commercial contracts etc.
6. Assist with the revising of current, and development of new procedures, precedents and related ways of enhancing the provision of legal support.
7. Understand and ensure that contracting arrangements are consistent with applicable policies. Work with other commercial lawyers when engaged, including the supervision and training of more junior lawyers as the need arises.
8. Work on a broad spectrum of transactions, from substantial outsourcing, joint ventures and project development agreements to day-to-day manufacture, logistics/warehousing, advertising arrangements etc.
9. Work in close contact with the firm's litigation department.
10. Engage in negotiations on behalf of clients; clarify with client officers any difficult areas, dealing with and responding to any defences and/or counter claims lodged.
11. Carry out extensive research and report writing; Keep up to date with the latest commercial and legal developments.
12. Any other duties relevant for the role as determined by the line manager.
• A good academic qualification with at least a second class upper degree from a recognised university and the Nigerian Law School. Relevant post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years active transactional experience and capable of drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements.
• Must have worked in commercial department of a top commercial law firm.
• Must have experience in capital market transactions and experience in drafting related documentation.
• Conversant with preparing documents for capital market transactions e.g. legal documents for capital market transactions.
• Must have experience in negotiating and drafting share purchase Agreements and related documentation.
• Must have experience in preparing loan and banking agreements.
Personal qualities required:
• Team-working ability.
• Coaching and grooming ability.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good Marketing skills.
• Ability to meet up with deadlines.
• Ability to work without supervision.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘TRANSACTION’ as the subject of application 10th March, 2018. Only experienced candidates will be shortlisted and invited for interviews.
Female Personal Assistant Needed In Port Harcourt / Urgent Vacancy For Secretary In A Reputable Law Firm / Adhoc Job - Shaki(ibadan)
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24