Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

“I've Paid More More Than $10bn In Taxes Over A Lifetime, Says Bill Gate. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / “I've Paid More More Than $10bn In Taxes Over A Lifetime, Says Bill Gate. (357 Views)

$10bn Debt: CBN Defaults On Payment To Banks, Dollar Nears ₦‎1,000 / Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp / Lagos’ ICT Cluster Takes Off, Targets $10bn Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“I've Paid More More Than $10bn In Taxes Over A Lifetime, Says Bill Gate. by captianfreeman(m): 9:17pm On Feb 19, 2018
Bill Gates says he has paid more than $10bn in taxes over a lifetime, but billionaires like him should pay “significantly” more because they benefit more from the system.

The Microsoft co-founder, the world’s second richest man after Amazon’s Jeff Bezos, was critical of a recent US tax overhaul that slashed corporate taxes and lowered the top bracket for individual income.

“I’ve paid more taxes, over $10bn, than anyone else, but the government should require the people in my position to pay significantly higher taxes,” he said in an interview Sunday with CNN.

He said the tax overhaul passed in December favours the rich despite Republican claims it will help the middle and working classes.

“People who are wealthier tended to get dramatically more benefits than the middle class or those who are poor, and so it runs counter to the general trend you’d like to see, where the safety net is getting stronger and those at the top are paying higher taxes,” he said.

With a sixth of the US population living in what he called “disappointing” conditions, he said US policymakers need to think about rising inequality and ask, “Why aren’t we doing a better job for those people?”

(AFP)
http://punchng.com/billionaires-should-pay-significantly-more-taxes-bill-gates-says/

Re: “I've Paid More More Than $10bn In Taxes Over A Lifetime, Says Bill Gate. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 19, 2018
ok
Re: “I've Paid More More Than $10bn In Taxes Over A Lifetime, Says Bill Gate. by akindlesfarm: 11:45pm On Feb 19, 2018
what a great man, I'll be like you one day.

(1) (Reply)

SCAM: Beware Of ADB Outfit / Folorunsho Alakija Reveals Biggest Regret / Amazing Business Ideas You Can Launch From Your Living Room:- Primeratimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.