Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) (41072 Views)

Neat As New HTC One M8 For Sale At 18k Call Or Whatsapp Me On 08132581046 / London Used Htc One M8 For Sale At 22k Neat / HTC One M8s 16GB /2GB Up For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by So101: 9:14am On Feb 20, 2018
Ekekester:
Today a photo of Nigeria president, President Muhammadu Buhari went viral as he was seen using a “simple” type of phone in his car while going out recently for a function.And Nigerians are wondering what kind of phone is he using. So I decided make a proper research and i found out it's not actually a simple phone as claimed by Nigerians. It is the HTC one M8 Grey.

The Phone is worth ₦ 120,000 - ₦130,000

Key Features

Screen: 5" Super LCD3
Memory: 2GB RAM, 32GB Internal, microSD up to 128GB
Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 2.3GHz Quad-Core
Operating System: Android 4.4 Kitkat (Upgradeable to Marshmallow)
Camera: 4MP Back, 5MP Front
Battery: 2600mAh

http://babahow..com.ng/2018/02/price-speculation-features-of-phone.html?m=1
You are just jobless you see why Buhari will win again because of all these baseless propaganda stand for the truth Nigerians are not that backward to not know that your story is a lie

Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by somehow: 9:14am On Feb 20, 2018
Even the whites that make these phones hardly use them except they are from rich homes or celebs.

But come to Nigeria, a person living in a one room apartment will be using a phone or even phones worth half plots of land, yet he will go about blaming others and the govt for his woes.

A country with people with misplaced priorities!

[quote author=Princemicke post=65215772][/quote]
Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by talk2biggz: 9:19am On Feb 20, 2018
Seven months salary of a minimum wage earner.
Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by DeWorlex45(m): 9:31am On Feb 20, 2018
But come to think of it, is a phone of #300k too much for a ''president'' of Nigeria?. Abeg, we hav to be more matured.

Aside from d fact dt he is an old man & might not be able to operate a latest smartphone, this man have children/inlaws who can afford to present to him a very expensive smartphone as a gift.

The fact dt he is our ''President'' does not give us d reason to be monitoring his Privacy arround, or when have we bcome ''Monitoring Spirits?

Beside, a 130k phone is still a Simple Phone though, its just that POVERTY is really a Bastard,.
Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by Dpatch(m): 9:35am On Feb 20, 2018
Help me ask am!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by DeWorlex45(m): 9:35am On Feb 20, 2018
somehow:
Even the whites that make these phones hardly use them except they are from rich homes or celebs.

But come to Nigeria, a person living in a one room apartment will be using a phone or even phones worth half plots of land, yet he will go about blaming others and the govt for his woes.

U have to pls specify d area & locations of d said half a plot. because a full plot of land in some locations can go as low as 100k, & can go as high as #400m in another locations.
Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by Dpatch(m): 9:36am On Feb 20, 2018
Hmm

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by boyjo: 9:42am On Feb 20, 2018
But it is this same tatic that was used to bring Buhari to power!!
How he did not have money to buy presidential form, how he did not have a house...
Now it is the phone he is using??
The propaganda is back?
Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 20, 2018
What you people don't understand is that. The said phone is a special customize phone
Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by somehow: 10:02am On Feb 20, 2018
I was actually responding to the person I quoted talking about him using #500k to buy a phone.

Just reflecting on the mindset of an average Nigerian.

DeWorlex45:
U have to pls specify d area & locations of d said half a plot. because a full plot of land in some locations can go as low as 100k, & can go as high as #400m in another locations.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by gawu1: 10:33am On Feb 20, 2018
MAJORBANKZ:
even if PMB uses nokia torch with probably bad case the point still remains he's going back to daura
You reminded me ''Buhari will never become president again'' before 2015 election. I only hope you have more grease to hold in life in you after 2019 election.
Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by smirn(m): 10:37am On Feb 20, 2018
UduMgbo1:
bia op am not a Buhari supporter
Infact no one hates Buhari half like i do but stop talking Nonsense
if it is indeed htc m8 then it's simple and cheap
i have used that phone and sold it 25k
i now use galaxy s7 edge which cost more and am not even a ward chairman.
that phone market value is not worth 30k now cheesy

Meanwhile
killing Buhari psychologically and emotionally is a task everyone should embark on if you still want a better tomorrow
You will only end up killing yourself. PMB till 2023.
Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by geronimoedeh1(m): 10:44am On Feb 20, 2018
UduMgbo1:
bia op am not a Buhari supporter
Infact no one hates Buhari half like i do but stop talking Nonsense
if it is indeed htc m8 then it's simple and cheap
i have used that phone and sold it 25k
i now use galaxy s7 edge which cost more and am not even a ward chairman.
that phone market value is not worth 30k now cheesy

Meanwhile
killing Buhari psychologically and emotionally is a task everyone should embark on if you still want a better tomorrow

I'm using M7 i bought the Belgium 40k but its reduced now and goes for 35k... London use not new one.
The new one is 60k for m7.

M8 london use is 55-60k
New one is 80- 90 k

There's lots of copy/clone in the market..
Maybe you are talking about one.
Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by UduMgbo1: 11:04am On Feb 20, 2018
[s]
geronimoedeh1:

I'm using M7 i bought the Belgium 40k but its reduced now and goes for 35k... London use not new one.
The new one is 60k for m7.

M8 london use is 55-60k
New one is 80- 90 k

There's lots of copy/clone in the market..
Maybe you are talking about one.
[/s]
what's this one saying
you know nothing about phone
maybe because you're been cheated that's why you taught you bought original.
i know your type and i love selling stuffs to your type
Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by UduMgbo1: 11:06am On Feb 20, 2018
smirn:

I will only end up killing my father . PMB till 2023.
fixed
Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by sirley(m): 11:24am On Feb 20, 2018
Buhari we do 2019
Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by zoedew: 11:49am On Feb 20, 2018
Much ado about nothing! Amazing to see that many believe that a President has a phone he calls his own!!! Lolzzzzzzz
Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by Konye1: 1:18pm On Feb 20, 2018
AntiWailer:

120k phone is not simple ?

Not even up to half of any of my phones.

I am not even a councillor. grin

That is simple enough.

I hope the phone get FM radio. He will need it in Daura when he is lonely after losing both election and errection.
grin grin grin

Savage

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by teekay213(m): 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2018
Rowj:
it shall never be well with your generation, cos I will vote for him and nothing you can do about it, idiot,
you lack parental up bringing. foooool, God ponish YOU mumu.
just say one thing this government has done for the masses before I give you generational curse.
Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by samsard(m): 7:15am On Feb 21, 2018
somehow:

And how did you arrive at this conclusion? That ',the whites' hardly use their phones?
Shift comot for here. Even average westerners use what we call highend phones, coz their average income is much higher and they have the payment spread over 1-2 years on a contract.
Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by somehow: 10:46am On Feb 21, 2018
They hardly use prepaid phones and their phones are mostly from service providers who sell the phones at a very cheap rate since the customers are expected to pay for airtime which is where providers make money from unlike us here that buy the phone at almost 100-200% rate.

They don't spread nada, rather you sub for 6 months, nothing like 1-2 years, you renew every 6 months and you're not paying renewal for phone cost, rather for data and voice. the initial money you paid was for the phone.

Remember the days of MTN and Sendo?

samsard:
And how did you arrive at this conclusion? That ',the whites' hardly use their phones?
Shift comot for here. Even average westerners use what we call highend phones, coz their average income is much higher and they have the payment spread over 1-2 years on a contract.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by samsard(m): 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2018
somehow:
They hardly use prepaid phones and their phones are mostly from service providers who sell the phones at a very cheap rate since the customers are expected to pay for airtime which is where providers make money from unlike us here that buy the phone at almost 100-200% rate.

They don't spread nada, rather you sub for 6 months, nothing like 1-2 years, you renew every 6 months and you're not paying renewal for phone cost, rather for data and voice. the initial money you paid was for the phone.

Remember the days of MTN and Sendo?

It's subsidized, and ultimately the Carrier recoups what would have been losses through the periodic payments. Anyway, I've learned a bit more about Carrier locked phones
Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by gentlegenius(m): 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2018
adetony244:
how can HTC one M8 released in Feb. 2014 still be around 130k in 2018?
That's the problem with big brands. The specs are even so poor. That means a greater part of the money you pay is for the brand name. If Tecno or infinix get this same specs, it will cost around 20k.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by somehow: 3:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
They gain in the long run because you're locked to them for 6 months.
.what "smart" Nigerians do is to buy these postpaid locked phones, keep for 6 months, then once the phone is contract free, they remove their sim and sell.

Some actually hack the phones even before the expiration and sell at almost closed to market prices.

All these phones you see with service providers branding are gotten from this method.
samsard:
It's subsidized, and ultimately the Carrier recoups what would have been losses through the periodic payments. Anyway, I've learned a bit more about Carrier locked phones
Re: President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) by babashiko(m): 4:11pm On Feb 22, 2018
Is that the only phone the president is using, at least we know his son has two powerbike which cost about 130 million naira. Who knows that his son of just 25years old owns such until he had an accident with it. Pls stop fooling yourself! The man wey they wear Nike itẹlẹ go his cow for daura.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! / Glo Increases Their Data Plans / Infinix hot 4 X557 Full Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.