Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Uba Contactless Cards Hit Industry High Of 3million - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Uba Contactless Cards Hit Industry High Of 3million (10326 Views)

CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments / Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 / Firstbank Introduces Contactless Naira Mastercard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uba Contactless Cards Hit Industry High Of 3million by adrusa: 9:10am On Feb 20, 2018
Built2last:

This is already being used all over Europe and i have my concerns for it in Africa.

contactless card does not require you to swipe the card on any POS.

after purchasing your Item in any place. remove your card and just bring it close to the POS and it will debit your account instantly.

My card with Loydds Bank can only do maximum of 50 pounds for the contactless transaction.

anything above 50 pounds, you need to insert the card and input your password.

here is the Ish with that thingy in Naija.

If you have a mad son or a shoperholic wife, once they pick your card, they can go and buy things and return your card safely without your knowledge. they don't need your pin, just flash it and that's it.

If you misplace your card and dont block it fast enough, you will be seeing alert while your money is going without pin.

hope UBA is not just trying to be fast to launch without proper security analysis.

Not true for the UBA card. You will still be asked to input your PIN when the card and the POS made contact.
Re: Uba Contactless Cards Hit Industry High Of 3million by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 20, 2018
Built2last:

This is already being used all over Europe and i have my concerns for it in Africa.

after purchasing your Item in any place. remove your card and just bring it close to the POS and it will debit your account instantly.

My card with Loydds Bank can only do maximum of 50 pounds for the contactless transaction.

If you have a mad son or a shoperholic wife, once they pick your card, they can go and buy things and return your card safely without your knowledge. they don't need your pin, just flash it and that's it.

If you misplace your card and dont block it fast enough, you will be seeing alert while your money is going without pin.

hope UBA is not just trying to be fast to launch without proper security analysis.
Kinda nt secure
Re: Uba Contactless Cards Hit Industry High Of 3million by Built2last: 9:43am On Feb 20, 2018
adrusa:

Not true for the UBA card. You will still be asked to input your PIN when the card and the POS made contact.

Then its not NFC card

1 Like

Re: Uba Contactless Cards Hit Industry High Of 3million by GavelSlam: 9:50am On Feb 20, 2018
adrusa:

How then is it contactless?
Re: Uba Contactless Cards Hit Industry High Of 3million by slysteel: 10:01am On Feb 20, 2018
I have had a UBA contactless card for 3 years now,a lot of thier atm cards are contactless but the user's don't even know about it,how to know your card is pcontactless is to look at it for a sign that looks like this below in the front of the card ,payments on contacless cards are capped,I am not sure but I don't think it's more than 5k,if you are going to make a payment higher then you need to put your pin,you can also not use contactless for more than 3 payments a day,check the front of your card for this design attached here.

Re: Uba Contactless Cards Hit Industry High Of 3million by slysteel: 10:05am On Feb 20, 2018
It's a nice and quick way to make payments
Re: Uba Contactless Cards Hit Industry High Of 3million by slysteel: 10:09am On Feb 20, 2018
Built2last:

The same applies everywhere,your mad son or shopaholic wife can as well use the cards without your knowledge in Europe, same risk applies everywhere so what are you saying?
Re: Uba Contactless Cards Hit Industry High Of 3million by Testapep(m): 11:21am On Feb 20, 2018
MemphisRaynes:
UBA needs massive staff reorientation, their staff is killing the bank; very rude unprofessional and mostly old hands who treat customers the old way. Technology can only go as far as your staff is willing to handle customers.
that's true bro, rude staffs, went to get my ATM card they were telling me trash I. e no network
Re: Uba Contactless Cards Hit Industry High Of 3million by adrusa: 11:54am On Feb 20, 2018
GavelSlam:

How then is it contactless?

I just got one recently and once a payment is processed for you and you bring your card close you will be prompted to enter your pin. https://www.ubagroup.com/mc/newsandevents/newstopic?id=20151116072226he7ke8gqcc

“Ideally, for low value transactions, contactless payment card holders are not required to input their PIN but the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) currently mandates that all transactions on the POS require PIN entry,” says Mr. Adedeji.

“So, for now, customers will still be required to input their PIN even for low value transactions. However, contactless payment cards still offer a superior level of convenience compared to the traditional payment cards” he explained.
Re: Uba Contactless Cards Hit Industry High Of 3million by adrusa: 11:56am On Feb 20, 2018
Built2last:

Then its not NFC card

It is. See above.
Re: Uba Contactless Cards Hit Industry High Of 3million by GavelSlam: 11:59am On Feb 20, 2018
adrusa:

I just got one recently and once a payment is processed for you and you bring your card close you will be prompted to enter your pin. https://www.ubagroup.com/mc/newsandevents/newstopic?id=20151116072226he7ke8gqcc

“Ideally, for low value transactions, contactless payment card holders are not required to input their PIN but the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) currently mandates that all transactions on the POS require PIN entry,” says Mr. Adedeji.

“So, for now, customers will still be required to input their PIN even for low value transactions. However, contactless payment cards still offer a superior level of convenience compared to the traditional payment cards” he explained.

I think this defeats the whole contactless philosophy.

I have a contactless care that simply requires a touch of my card on the console and voila, transfer takes place via NFC.
Re: Uba Contactless Cards Hit Industry High Of 3million by FinanceHub: 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2021
Please contact us if you need a quick loan.

Conditions
You must be resident in Lagos

You must be a salary earner

financeandloanshub@gmail.com

WhatsApp: +234 904 727 6819

(1) (2) (Reply)

Forbidden Topics: MLM, HYIP, E-Gold, Forex, Affiliate Links & Adverts / Where To Buy Wholesale Bags & Shoes For Re-sell At Cheap Prices In Lagos / I Want To Give 10k Each To 3 Lucky Persons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.