Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,071 members, 7,835,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

I'm Ready To Commit Suicide If... - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Ready To Commit Suicide If... - Obasanjo (265 Views)

FFK: If Obasanjo Had Been In Power Today, Terrorism Would Have Been History / Adamu Kabir Matazu Threatens To Commit Suicide If Buhari Loses 2019 Election / We Will Shutdown Aso Rock If Obasanjo Is Touched - ADC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm Ready To Commit Suicide If... - Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 20, 2018
Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo has expressed his profound love for the country by declaring his intention to do something drastic if Nigerians were to lose hope in the country.

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said that he wouldn’t mind to commit suicide if Nigeria loses hope even as he offered reasons why he could not chose to remain silent when he sees things going wrong in the country. He says because he is an incurable optimist in the Nigerian project, he would continue to talk and point out things going wrong because he still believes that Nigeria has great hope.

Answering questions from students of the Ijaw National Academy (INA) Kaiama at the school auditorium as part of activities lined up for his two day working visit to Bayelsa, Obasanjo said in spite of the economic and political challenges confronting the country, there is great hope for Nigeria.

While admitting that there are things that could have been done differently, he insisted that Nigerians should not give up hope as that would spell doom for the country.

“If Nigeria does not have hope I would find a rope and commit suicide immediately because then what am I living for? I am an incurable optimist in Nigeria. Nigeria has hope. There are many things we should have done as we should have done them. There is no doubt about that. But that does not mean Nigeria does not have hope. Look, hope is what drives any human being. A person without hope is like a person without life. How can I therefore say that Nigeria has no hope? Nigeria has hope and you are part of the hope of Nigeria. You asking me that question heightens my conviction that Nigeria has hope. This country in spite of our difficulties, we have hope. I just came back from Rome and while there I asked the Ambassador what are his major problems and he told me that there are 1600 Nigerians in Italian prisons, that is a problem but we shouldn’t because of that say that there is no hope for Nigeria.

Continue reading here: https://nigerianslifestyle..com.ng/2018/02/im-ready-to-commit-suicide-if-obasanjo.html

Re: I'm Ready To Commit Suicide If... - Obasanjo by zakim(m): 8:43am On Feb 20, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: I'm Ready To Commit Suicide If... - Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 20, 2018
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Never Give Up No Matter What- Short Story / State House To Complete Ongoing Projects In 2018 Budget / Breaking: Buhari Sends Ministers To Dapchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.