Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,907 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Victor Moses Wins Player Of The Year At NFF; Says He Is Happy - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Moses Wins Player Of The Year At NFF; Says He Is Happy (297 Views)

Lawmakers Demand Evidence As NFF Says It Has Paid Falcons. / Aisha Buhari, Oshoala, 1999 Super Falcons Dazzle At NFF-Aiteo Football Awards / Victor Moses Wins NFF Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Victor Moses Wins Player Of The Year At NFF; Says He Is Happy by adiguns3(m): 4:02pm On Feb 20, 2018
CHELSEA STAR VICTOR MOSES HAS REVEALED THAT HE IS HONOURED TO BE NAMED PLAYER OF THE YEAR AT THE NFF AWARDS AND HAS BEEN CONGRATULATED BY WORLD FOOTBALL GOVERNING BODY, FIFA.

Moses was the biggest winner of the NFF Awards ceremony which on Monday, February 19 at the Eko Hotels and Suites.

The 27-year-old beat compatriots Wilfred Ndidi of Leicester City and Lobi Stars striker Anthony Okpotu to win the Player of the Year award.

With an important Champions League tie for Chelsea against Barcelona a day after the awards, Moses couldn’t make it the ceremony.

He, however, took out time from training to record a video of his acknowledgement.

“Hi everyone, it’s Victor Moses here,” the Chelsea wingback says in a video shared on the social media accounts of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

“Thanks for making me Nigerian Player of the Year and thanks to NFF for this award.

“I really appreciate it and it’s an honour for me to really win an award like this for Nigeria.

“And also most importantly thanks to all the fans that have supported me and been there for me right from day one. Thank you all and God bless.”

He was also congratulated by FIFA. “Congratulations, Victor Moses! How far do you think Victor and Nigeria Super Eagles will go at the WorldCup this summer?” FIFA tweeted on their official World Cup Twitter handle on Tuesday.

PREMIER LEAGUE WINNER

Moses wins the award on the back of winning the 2017 Premier League title with Chelsea. He was an influential part of Antonio Conte’s team that won the title with 22 consecutive league starts, 28 starts and 33 league appearances in total.

He is the Nigerian player with the most Premier League appearances for a title-winning team ever.

The Super Eagles star also played a pivotal part in Nigeria’s successful 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification campaign. Nigeria qualified from a tough group with one game to play.

source: http://sportseries.net/football/victor-moses-chelsea-star-says-he-is-honoured-to-win-player-of-the-year-at-nff-awards-fifa-congratulate-him/

(1) (Reply)

Mohamed Salah Dreaming Of Winning The Premier League With Liverpool / The Oscars / “I Have Never Given Bribe” – Nigeria's Presidential Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.