Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Nigeria’s Destroyers Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Destroyers Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed (686 Views)

You Killed The Country,you Are Now Posing As The Saviour,femi Falana Blasts OBJ / Those Who Destroyed Nigeria Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed / Treasury Looters Presenting Themselves As Saviours Of Nigeria – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Destroyers Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed by nairavsdollars(f): 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2018
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has challenged the media to contextualise their reporting so that those who destroyed Nigeria will not be made to look like the country’s new saviours.

The Minister said this when the Chief Executive Officer of TVC Communications, Mr. Andrew Hanlon, led a team of top officials of the company on a courtesy visit to the Minister in his office in Abuja on Tuesday.

”We are on a rescue mission. However, the way a section of the media is reporting the challenges facing the country today does not reflect that understanding. They are making a corrective administration to look like the culprit, to give the impression that the rain started
beating us in Nigeria only from 29 May 2015, to play down the challenges that this Administration has faced and which it is successfully tackling.

”For example, we did not get to where we are today in just three years. It has taken successive decades of bad governance, unbridled corruption, lack of probity, a culture of impunity and a near state of anarchy. These are the ills this Administration inherited and which it has set out to tackle. And this is what the media must reflect in their reporting,” he said.

Alhaji Mohammed said but for the prudence, probity and the anti-corruption stance of this Administration, the situation could have been worse, adding: ”Instead of recession, we could have had a total collapse of the economy. The power grid could have collapsed
altogether. Corruption could have overwhelmed the society. Boko Haram could have turned Abuja to Bama or Konduga. Food imports could have tripled what it was pre-May 29th 2015 and the Naira might have been worse hit.”

He, therefore, challenged the media to do more to educate Nigerians ”that it is hard to build but easy to destroy, that the same people who presided over yesterday’s looting of our treasury are today posing as would-be saviours of Nigerians, that this Administration is
rebuilding almost from the scratch with 60% less revenue, that the corrupt ones are spending millions of Naira to paint the government of the bad, and that Nigeria is not returning to Egypt”.

The Minister said when this Administration assumed office, the price of oil, the mainstay of Nigeria’s economy, had dropped to around $30 from over $100, foreign reserves stood at a low of $24 billion, the Federal Government was borrowing to pay salary, some 27 states were owing arrears of salary, contractors were being owed over several years, infrastructure was in poor state, power generation was 2,690 megawatts, billions were being paid as ‘fuel subsidies’ to fat cats, corruption had emptied the treasury while 20 of the 27 local councils in Borno were under Boko Haram control.

Read more https://independent.ng/nigerias-destroyers-now-posing-saviours-minister/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Destroyers Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed by buhariguy(m): 4:57pm On Feb 20, 2018
Lai Mohammed is too much for idiotic pigs of Biafra to comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Destroyers Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:59pm On Feb 20, 2018
This man is mad after buhari and el rufai

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Destroyers Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed by bishopkay: 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2018
I beg to differ Mr Lai! I also think I speak for many Nigerians when I say we prefer to give the country to "destroyers" who at least don't have nepotistic tendencies and cluelessness ingrained in them. At least they'd be there to comfort victims of the endless bloodshed this government continues to play politics with.

They didn't lie to us Boko Haram was technically defeated yet continued attack military formations and universities. They didn't pay billions in a swap deal which also involved them releasing all the Boko Haram commanders in custody (you think they couldn't have taken this easy part?). They weren't perfect but we had it better under them than you.

You always say PDP did this, PDP did that; yet you would never reject any of them who crosses over to your party! APC is made up 70% of former PDP chieftains so what changed? Keep a yam with a goat and the goat must always eat the yam. There have been so many indictments of corrupt practices under people of this government yet with how they scream anti corruption, no one has been charged to court even with glaring evidences.

You people have reduced this country to where our security apparatuses have all become partisan! An organization in a country threatened a state governor and his people, made good their threat, yet no one was arrested... Your IG tagged it communal clash, your police PRO called the governor a drowning man on live TV, yet no one lost his job.

Again, I beg to differ Mr Lai. You and your party with the evil relic you have at aso rock as president have failed this country and are the real DESTROYERS here and Nigeria as a matter of urgency has to be salvaged from y'all. I know many political prostitutes amongst you would cross carpet again but at least the head who we plan to give the country to lead, wouldn't be a rotten head as Buhari!

Modified: and as usual, the simpleton up there never fails to dissapoint; I hope y'all can spot him. I wonder how he lives through the day like this...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Destroyers Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed by Splinz(m): 5:05pm On Feb 20, 2018
kiss

Ironically, Liar Mohammed is telling his own party's true story.
Re: Nigeria’s Destroyers Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed by Paperwhite(m): 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy Lai-Lying-Liar Muhammed now afraid of his own propaganda shadow Who are this looters BTW Because as far as Nigeria is concerned,APC are the current looters & the worst ever seen.Onye ara.
Re: Nigeria’s Destroyers Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed by Paperwhite(m): 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2018
Splinz:
kiss

Ironically, Liar Mohammed is telling his own party's true story.
I dey tell you dear.Lai is a paranoid fellow I swear.
Re: Nigeria’s Destroyers Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed by Baawaa(m): 5:33pm On Feb 20, 2018
Lai Muhamed,one man that is troubling PDP in and out grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
When PDP was in power he troubled them,when they were booted out he is still troubling them grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Destroyers Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed by GavelSlam: 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2018
The man is saying the truth.

Look closely at the calibre of people claiming to be the redeemed of the nation. What is their antecedent? What businesses or organizations have they run and what was their level of success in doing So?

It's strange how the narrative had moved quickly from the economy to security, from infrastructure to Fulani Herdsmen.

I said on another thread, that the Fulani Herdsmen saga is being stoked by fifth columinists and those who actually perpetuated it. I asked for instance, how Nnamdi Kanu foretold of it, if he himself wasn't privy to it? Does he have spiritual powers? As far as I know it, no man can tell what lies tomorrow, especially about a crime to be perpetrated in future if he himself was not involved one way or the other.

Someone corrected me and claimed there were Fulani Herdsmen issues before this government took over - and there I rest my case.

In Nigeria, the saints are made to look evil whilst the villains are celebrated.

The stability of the Naira, the increase in external reserves, the improvement in power supply and the infrastructural development presently being witnessed should have been enough for this government to rest.

The enemies of state know this and so the 1st of January, 2018 heralded a pick up in violence associated with "Fulani Herdsmen".

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Destroyers Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed by bishopkay: 5:46pm On Feb 20, 2018
Baawaa:
Lai Muhamed,one man that is troubling PDP in and out grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
When PDP was in power he troubled them,when they were booted out he is still troubling them grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

On the contrary bro he's actually the one being troubled here now. He's simply grasping at straws due to the current media onslaught against this government and the present reality on ground. He's telling people now that we are better than the other guys despite glaring proofs on ground which state otherwise. Lai knows their propaganda isn't as effective asbit used to be!

These politicians know these things but would never openly tell you how they feel... It's like the game of poker until you loose!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Destroyers Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed by bishopkay: 5:59pm On Feb 20, 2018
GavelSlam:
[s]The man is saying the truth.

Look closely at the calibre of people claiming to be the redeemed of the nation. What is their antecedent? What businesses or organizations have they run and what was their level of success in doing So?

It's strange how the narrative had moved quickly from the economy to security, from infrastructure to Fulani Herdsmen.

I said on another thread, that the Fulani Herdsmen saga is being stoked by fifth columinists and those who actually perpetuated it. I asked for instance, how Nnamdi Kanu foretold of it, if he himself wasn't privy to it? Does he have spiritual powers? As far as I know it, no man can tell what lies tomorrow, especially about a crime to be perpetrated in future if he himself was not involved one way or the other.

Someone corrected me and claimed there were Fulani Herdsmen issues before this government took over - and there I rest my case.

In Nigeria, the saints are made to look evil whilst the villains are celebrated.

The stability of the Naira, the increase in external reserves, the improvement in power supply and the infrastructural development presently being witnessed should have been enough for this government to rest.

The enemies of state know this and so the 1st of January, 2018 heralded a pick up in violence associated with "Fulani Herdsmen".[/s]

What truth is he saying? What's buhari's own antecedent? From the very beginning, I knew he had nothing to offer... A former head of state who has no library to his name, no book to his name, heck even no borehole at Duara to his credit. A man who said Abacha never stole a dime, a man whose economic policies brought the nation to its feet in his first unfortunate spate as HOS and repeated the same feat again.

At least Atiku has a thriving business which has and continues to provide employment for thousands of people in the country! Now he may not be my best choice for a candidate but pair him with buhari at the polls and I'd vote him twice if possible. Here is a man who's not a religious/tribal fanatic, he's exposed and nepotism doesn't seem to have a place with him.

Again I ask what's buhari's antecedent? Seriously you want to blame Nnamdi Kanu for Fulani herdsmen? How senselessly low can you go again? Even a toddler who can read the signs well could see it coming! Stability of the naira? Seriously? shocked the naira has never been so battered. They claim external reserves keep growing but can you feel it in the economy? Increase in power yet our national grid has collapsed more than 10 times between November 2017 and today? Massive infrastructural developments one is yet to see? Except perhaps the ones which where already 70% completed he inherited from the last government. He has consecutively for 3 years now ran the highest budget in the Nigerian history, yet nothing on ground! Paper achievements everywhere yet y'all scream for joy and shout Sai baba with your cheap phones

Nigeria needs a builder and some one who can unite us across tribe, region and religion and buhari simply doesn't cut that part!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Destroyers Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed by GavelSlam: 6:08pm On Feb 20, 2018
bishopkay:

What truth is he saying? What's buhari's own antecedent? From the very beginning, I knew he had nothing to offer... A former head of state who has no library to his name, no book to his name, heck even no borehole at Duara to his credit. A man who said Abacha never stole a dime, a man whose economic policies brought the nation to its feet in his first unfortunate spate as HOS and repeated the same feat again.

At least Atiku has a thriving business which has and continues to provide employment for thousands of people in the country! Now he may not be my best choice for a candidate but pair him with buhari at the polls and I'd vote him twice if possible. Here is a man who's not a religious/tribal fanatic, he's exposed and nepotism doesn't seem to have a place with him.

Again I ask what's buhari's antecedent? Seriously you want to blame Nnamdi Kanu for Fulani herdsmen? How senselessly low can you go again? Even a toddler who can read the signs well could see it coming!

Nigeria needs a builder and some one who can unite us across tribe, region and religion and buhari simply doesn't cut that part!

You can cancel all you want but the likes of Kanu are part of a comspiracy and only an idiot would think otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Destroyers Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed by bishopkay: 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2018
GavelSlam:

You can cancel all you want but the likes of Kanu are part of a comspiracy and only an idiot would think otherwise.

Hahaha it's funny how you folks think... So Kanu whom you people say is dead is now a sponsor of Fulani herdsmen grin cheesy

Man it was simply a mistake engaging you in a discussion! You and that guy who calls himself buhariguy have the same very simple IQ. You probably speak and write better than him, but in terms of brain power and use, you two are same. Maybe supporting Buhari rids one of rational thinking and sense. I pray you see the light soonest bro shalom

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Destroyers Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed by Omeokachie: 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2018
Lying Lai is dinning with the "destroyer"

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Destroyers Now Posing As Saviours – Lai Mohammed by Jayson1: 3:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
The witless old agama lizard is indirectly punching Obasanjo's slack balls.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yobe School Attack: We Can’t Confirm ‘rescue’ Of Missing Schoolgirls - NA / Governor Dickson Conferred The Rock Of Kabowei Kingdom / God, 24 Lgas In Imo Support My Son-in-law’s Gov Ambition —okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.