Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency (29676 Views)

Teddy-A And Bambam All Loved Up In New Photos For A Media Tour In Abuja / Skales: "Timaya Housed Me When Banky W Kicked Me Out Of EME" / Banky W: "I Am A Married Man Don't Touch Me" - Female Fan Caressing His Joystick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by remedick: 10:02am On Feb 21, 2018
Zanas:
Money no dey enter again. Rebranding is in order

It is a smart move that will shock you all soon. Make other musicians continue to dey sing until old age Come.

1 Like

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by georgeceekay: 10:04am On Feb 21, 2018
For me, I don't think a total switch was the best idea. He could have made these other whatever subsidiaries. EME in the music industry already had made a name for itself to think should mean assets for the company.

Let's hope Mavin's will not make same mistake.

3 Likes

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 21, 2018
Too much sleepless nights and its too hard to make banging hits if you do not take some weed and drugs to keep you above human frequency and tap into alternative inspiration. Now, Banky is burnt out.

There is no more Wizkid to rip off and his kind of Music can no longer bring money as Youtube and download apps have delivered music to the consumers free of charge, and guess what ? Banky W got no shows...lol

Smart motherfucker had to leave when the ovation is high and he will only release his RB once in a while to maintain his inflated ego and keep him silent, looking rich but having less. Smart motherfcuker dont wanna just disappear from the scene.

Adesua, what have you done ?

8 Likes

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by YINKS89(m): 10:06am On Feb 21, 2018
Wen u run out of ideas.
Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 21, 2018
georgeceekay:
For me, I don't think a total switch was the best idea. He could have made these other whatever subsidiaries. EME in the music industry already had made a name for itself to think should mean assets for the company.

Mavin will transition when the shows stop going to Reekado and Tiwa, the rest are not getting shows and it is expensive to run such outfits without the monies constantly flowing to keep the generators running at least. Going into Music industry is a terrible idea for now. Its a huge gamble and not as great as living a quiet and successful life.

5 Likes

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 21, 2018
007author:
EME died the day Wiz left the record label
EME has been existing and shining before your wizkid joined it. EME made wizkid nd he left to continue his career. So pls wat are u saying.........?? Indomie. Generation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by obowunmi(m): 10:16am On Feb 21, 2018
iyapont:
abeg
niyola dey....she no dey sing again ni

He knacked her and dumped her. Wicked man.

1 Like

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by Vinstel: 10:21am On Feb 21, 2018
Billyonaire:

Mavin will transition when the shows stop going to Reekado and Tiwa, the rest are not getting shows and it is expensive to run such outfits without the monies constantly flowing to keep the generators running at least. Going into Music industry is a terrible idea for now. Its a huge gamble and not as great as living a quiet and successful life.
You're wrong. Knowing who don jazzy is, I'm sure he's already looking for the next generation of artistes who will take over when Tiwa, Reekado, korede e.t.c leave the stage. Moreover don jazzy has already registered a movie company called Mavin films, he also has Mavin energy an oil company and all of them are functional without having to close down Mavin records. That's what the guy you quoted was talking about. It's called diversification. Banky shouldn't have totally closed down a big brand like EME music, he should have just diversified. That way, he won't have all his eggs in one basket

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by Keywordconcept(m): 10:29am On Feb 21, 2018
All na business

Check my signature
Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by donqx: 10:32am On Feb 21, 2018
oh
Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by brigadier747: 10:47am On Feb 21, 2018
Responses here so far .... Evidently shows reason y a lot of our youth are unemployable

3 Likes

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by dafemnet: 10:54am On Feb 21, 2018
brigadier747:
Responses here so far .... Evidently shows reason y a lot of our youth are unemployable
Nonsense, a lot of them go abroad and they are employable. Blame the system

3 Likes

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by LadyHeaven(f): 10:55am On Feb 21, 2018
Now I know majority of Nigerians aren't that smart calling an obviously intelligent man out for making a smarter move to call it quit when the ovation is loudest and move on to greater things...its the same ppl who would equally have laughed @ him if he had stayed put in Eme records till it became a den of upcoming artistes like Chocolate city, nothing lasts forever so Banky onto the next one grin

2 Likes

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:00am On Feb 21, 2018
Some comments here are nonsense. The rebranding done by Banky W is a good thing. He once said it on Hiptv a year back, that he will delve into movie industry. For those of you abusing him, if you are a business minded person, you wouldn't want to put your eggs in one basket. Most big artistes in the world have other sources of incomes. Good one Banky W.

1 Like

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by Msaanu: 11:02am On Feb 21, 2018
Way to go Banky. It is always good to know when to stop and commence the next big thing quickly. EME media to the world.
Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 21, 2018
georgeceekay:

the truth is that it was a business move to shut it down not part of some 'master strategy' as he is making it seem. He wasn't making money from any artistes again and was probably losing money on running costs like salaries etc. So what do you expect him to do? His only choice was to start a new business and leverage the name his record label had built to publicize it.

5 Likes

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by DrSleekQas(m): 11:36am On Feb 21, 2018
too much grammar... why do I get this feeling that marriage is already telling its toil on this guy... well we are watching... lol
Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by aldexrio(m): 11:37am On Feb 21, 2018
georgeceekay:

YINKS89:
Wen u run out of ideas.
SlimBrawnie:
Result of the brainstorming between him and his wife.

ok
Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by slanky: 11:37am On Feb 21, 2018
great Thinking by Bw. see how the masters make and keep their wealth www.softriches..com
Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by Adefemiaderoju1: 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
Well change is constant, wish you well.
Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:18pm On Feb 21, 2018
verygudbadguy:
Paradigm shift.. Growth and devolopment....

It is quite easy to judge from afar. A lot of things may have influenced his decision to quit the record label for a more robust agency.

Banky is an all around business man, a great talent. He has delved into film making since he got rubber stamped by NYFA.. He is into advertising and digital marketing(Evident with his deals with Samsung, Ciroc, Maggi to mention a few). He is also eyeing sport management which is definitely going to be a good one.

Banky Wellington will remain a classic man no matter what.

Banke W....is that you?

6 Likes

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by DollarBuddy: 12:19pm On Feb 21, 2018
Awwww! What becomes of Shady? �
Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:19pm On Feb 21, 2018
verygudbadguy:
Paradigm shift.. Growth and devolopment....

It is quite easy to judge from afar. A lot of things may have influenced his decision to quit the record label for a more robust agency.

Banky is an all around business man, a great talent. He has delved into film making since he got rubber stamped by NYFA.. He is into advertising and digital marketing(Evident with his deals with Samsung, Ciroc, Maggi to mention a few). He is also eyeing sport management which is definitely going to be a good one.

Banky Wellington will remain a classic man no matter what.

Banke W....is that you? I suspect this to be Banke W Nairaland account.

6 Likes

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by tical(m): 12:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
grin grin grin grin sports management for this naija
Even local naija footballers upon their passion no get money. Even roc nation never breakthrough for sports scheme of things undecided
Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 21, 2018
Vinstel:

You're wrong. Knowing who don jazzy is, I'm sure he's already looking for the next generation of artistes who will take over when Tiwa, Reekado, korede e.t.c leave the stage. Moreover don jazzy has already registered a movie company called Mavin films, he also has Mavin energy an oil company and all of them are functional without having to close down Mavin records. That's what the guy you quoted was talking about. It's called diversification. Banky shouldn't have totally closed down a big brand like EME music, he should have just diversified. That way, he won't have all his eggs in one basket

I can never be wrong, cos I am not a sinner. Just read me right, I have no business with attacking mortal humans, I should be attacking higher entities at my level in life but it is shameful that I still have to make comments on matters of mere mortals. I guess I have to stay connected to 3D affairs. Anyway, Mavin as a brand will always do well, but my comment was regarding the Music Business. I have personally sponsored 2 ...or I think 3 failed artist in life and I know the rigors of the business a little bit, I should have been doing better than the present brands in the country if I wasnt lazy at physical labour. I suck at physical labour friends. Music as a business is no longer for the sales of CDs, and the Youtube hits and pay will soon be over for Music companies as we are transitioning to that phase where everyone can document their singing abilities and make money directly from the hits.

Banky W and many other known artists have been badly hit by the genesis of this transitioning but the good thing about him is that he is lazy, not physically as lazy as me, but he is smarter than being in Music Business, cos he cant do so much shit, and he is not great at going streetcore to get more Wizkids so, Adesua stepped in there and gave him the roughest fucck and the nigga go bananas and listens totally to her IQ and then, they HURRIEDLY transitioned. It is a very untactful approach, he needs to roughen up a little, go into the street corners and smoke some weed with some new wiz kids and find a few people to rip off but then the nigga want to live clean simple life. I love it, and I will continue to support all those who can make good decisions.

By and large, I love them all. But you, I do not love your hypocrisy, but I love your courage to challenge me. Kids do grow, you have a huge potential with the words.

OceanPure 7777777

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by chuks34(m): 12:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
Sign demo melaye and ur brand will sell grin
Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by adedoyfe(m): 12:46pm On Feb 21, 2018
Good move but needs professionals to make it grow well
Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by verygudbadguy(m): 12:59pm On Feb 21, 2018
KingOfAmebo:

Banke W....is that you? I suspect this to be Banke W Nairaland account.

Hahahaha.. You know see my head for my DP.. E no big like Banky own na. I even get hair sef... grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by Carlyboi(m): 1:10pm On Feb 21, 2018
Before nko!the nigga decided to cut his losses noni!he is not willing to take risks or ride his luck and he was kinda selfish musically so it is expected EME was more about banky W then Wizkid got the attention cos he laid the golden egg was Skales or shaydee really pushed didnt they push skales out of Eme the momebt they thought he can never be productive to the labrl in anyway.Abeg Banky leave story we sabi as e dey go

1 Like

Re: Banky W Shuts Down EME Records, Redevelops The EME Brand Into A Media Agency by Caseless: 1:26pm On Feb 21, 2018
Na sweet mouth go kill banky.
You used your platform to help others indeed - and you almost snuff life out of skale's career.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banky W, Ebuka, Tunde & Segun Demuren At Lala Akindoju's Traditional Wedding / Omonigho Imonah Accuses Burna Boy Of Using Her Designs Without Giving Her Credit / Vic O Threatens Don Jazzy: "Work With Me Or I'll Drop Diss Track"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.