Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) (68406 Views)

Passengers Panic As Dana Air Skids Off Lagos Airport Runway (video) / Ebonyi International Airport Runway In Progress / Flooding: Man Lands Inside A Stagnant Water While Stepping Out In Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by Alejoas(m): 2:40am On Feb 21, 2018
Make dem check air worthiness before attempting to get it back in the air....

No amount of bribe should reduce the thoroughness of that check up.... Life cant be bought!
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by centboy123456(m): 2:55am On Feb 21, 2018
ishowdotgmail:
As Nigeria dey hot so, make them give me free ride from here go UK with Dana airline I no go go oooo my brother

who wan die

something must kill a man some day

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 3:09am On Feb 21, 2018
The pilot was merely testing the off-road driving capabilities of the jet, whilst also avoiding several herds of ROYAL cows that were holding an important meeting on the tarmac at the time a landing was attempted.

There is no cause for alarm.

Thank you for your support.
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by eluquenson(m): 3:11am On Feb 21, 2018
Thank God no casualties
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by jayson87: 3:22am On Feb 21, 2018
brainpulse:
I have always had bad experiences flying Dana on all occasions. The last 2 weeks, it had difficulties landing for 1 and half hours in port harcourt going up and down, it was one of the most dreaded time of my life and finally it landed. Going back to Lagos was bad, flight delayed from 5.00pm to 11.30pm, so many people went back. Flight from Abuja came to pick us eventually that night. I entered Lagos 12.45am.
You are a not so frequent flyer. Apparently all your complains happens everywhere
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:57am On Feb 21, 2018
it still isbut nna mehn
the mishaps are coming fast and furios
obafemee80:
Air travel was once the safest means of transportation in Nigeria... But now?

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by dingbang(m): 4:57am On Feb 21, 2018
Accidents are inevitable.. Nigerians will still patronize Dana.
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by agarawu23(m): 4:59am On Feb 21, 2018
Ezenwammadu:
This Dana airways is turning into another thing

Flying domestic in Nigeria is a very big risk. If cows is not blocking runways doors are falling off planes now they jumping into bush
i hail those flying our local flights. Just take a look at the plane and see how old and ugly it is. Outdated flight are being sold to Nigeria at cheaper price.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by agarawu23(m): 5:02am On Feb 21, 2018
dingbang:
Accidents are inevitable.. Nigerians will still patronize Dana.
and when accident become constant?

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by dingbang(m): 5:07am On Feb 21, 2018
agarawu23:
and when accident become constant?
I said accidents are inevitable.. angry
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by hokafor(m): 5:11am On Feb 21, 2018
This Dana air should leave this county immediately,oh I forget it belongs to the untouchables.people should boycott them that is the only way to send them packing.
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by agarawu23(m): 5:13am On Feb 21, 2018
dingbang:
I said accidents are inevitable.. angry
thats why I asked what if it becomes constant.

A solution is what I am referring to, fg should scrap all these "about to die" flights flying Nigerians locally.
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by dingbang(m): 5:24am On Feb 21, 2018
agarawu23:
thats why I asked what if it becomes constant.

A solution is what I am referring to, fg should scrap all these "about to die" flights flying Nigerians locally.
if Dana airline was your business I am so sure it would be over your living body for the fed govt to scrap your business.

Why not try to find out what makes a plane to skid off..
Go to Google and you will see thousands of airplane skid off news all over the world even in advanced countries.
Its just like you are driving, u see a pot hole or something, u manage to swerve to avoid serious damage and swerving would only reduce the risk compared to the risk associated with direct impact on the said pothole.

All I am saying is that the incident was an averted disaster. We can't conclude what the main issue as to why the plane skidded off the track, but from the incidence report, one can know exactly what happened.

This is a report from a skid off accident that happened somewhere, please read

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/engine-boost-made-plane-skid-off-runway-96r8p87mx

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by zakim(m): 5:30am On Feb 21, 2018
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by Nobody: 5:33am On Feb 21, 2018
a prophet said there will be plane crash dis yr, he may be referring to dana, falling doors, flat tyres now skidding off run way, the next one is definitely going to be a crash landing
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by Akexstinger(m): 6:27am On Feb 21, 2018
I always tell people that Indians are bad managers. They always compromise at the detriment of people's lives. If you have worked with Indians you will understand. Manufacturer's manual would say replace this part after 6 months but Indians will manage it for one 1 year and the fabricate a replacement part that does not meet a set standard. If it works, they will never purchase the original part. Meanwhile, they will inform the biz owner that they bought original parts from the manufacturer thereby making the owner not to suspect them.
Fly Dana at your own risk. Safety system is still poor in naija if not, all these Indian cheapscake will not be having a roller coaster ride in naija

3 Likes

Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 6:47am On Feb 21, 2018
agarawu23:
i hail those flying our local flights. Just take a look at the plane and see how old and ugly it is. Outdated flight are being sold to Nigeria at cheaper price.

But but but the MD83 shown crashed by its Indian pilot is ONLY 40 years old, and was in almost perfect working order when it was bought cheap at the Arizona airplane graveyard.

Ok, ok just to please you, I have obtained assurance from Dana Air that they will send the plane to Owode Onirin for panel beating right away, after which new paint will be applied by Baba Ramoni and his boys, before our trusty Indian engineers use binding wire and duct tape to repair the damaged engines so that you can fly in safety again, by the special grace of the Indian God Krishna.

Don't worry about the destroyed undercarriage, because the MD 83 uses the same tires as a Toyota Coaster bus, meaning that "fairly used" tires can easily be obtained from Chinedu at Ladipo parts market in Lagos, since that is the only dealer that will replace bad ones under guarantee, provided that the tires have not been used for up to a a week before being returned for warranty replacement.

Thank you for your support. God bless India, and Nigeria.
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by winfy11(m): 6:51am On Feb 21, 2018
Why always Dana airline?
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by dyze(m): 7:02am On Feb 21, 2018
NwaliE01:
Oh Lord, You are still saving lives. Thank you for the averted tragedy. Then to Dana Airways, na your blood you go suck. God punish you people.
God is still saving life's ooo. I was onboard that plane

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by vineyardfarms: 7:07am On Feb 21, 2018
[quote author=hardywaltz post=65236866]Dana Air skids of runway while landing in Port Harcourt international Airport
Thank God no fatalities

LACK OF UP TO DATE MAINTAINANCE - BIG ISSUE.
THE REPAIRS OF TIRES OR THE BREAK MAY HAVE BEING COMPROMISED AND LOG AS REPLACED OR SERVICE FROM THEIR AIRCONDITION OFFICE . WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEING MINOR REPAIRS, NEGLECT COULD RESULT TO ACCIDENT. A CASE WHERE MANAGEMENT PLACES PROFIT ABOVE SAFETY.
A COUNTRY WHERE COMPROMISED THE NORM OF THE DAY. THEIR REPAIR LOG BOOK MAY HAVE BEING OVER COOKED WITH FAKE REPAIRS AND REPLACEMENT OF NEW PARTS. A SITUATION WHERE MAINTAINANCE ENGINEERS DICTATES FROM AIRCONDITION OFFICE POSE A BIG THREAT TO PUBLIC SAFETY.
I KNOW DANA AIR IN COLLABORATION WITH INCOMPETENT NIGERIA AIRPORT AUTHORITY WILL EXPLAINED THIS INCIDENCE AWAY JUST LIKE THAT.
UNTIL CITIZENS TAKE LAWS INTO THEIR HANDS TO EFFECT A CHANGE OR WE MAY PAY WITH OUR LIVES. WHILE THEY SMILE TO THE BANK.
DELVISH INSURANCE COMPANY ONLY SERVICE THE CONNECTED... MY OBSERVATION

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by odomanis: 7:22am On Feb 21, 2018
obafemee80:
Air travel was once the safest means of transportation in Nigeria... But now?

It still is !
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by smalls001: 7:56am On Feb 21, 2018
Ha gbese....I'm on Dana to PH tomorrow
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by Jethrolite(m): 7:57am On Feb 21, 2018
hardywaltz:
At this point it's safe to say Dana Air is going to leave Nigeria.
De wait, they just have to bribe the right people and this story will be buried.
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by CioAngels(f): 8:30am On Feb 21, 2018
Dana air, not again.
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by passionatebae: 8:51am On Feb 21, 2018
hardywaltz:

My tot though

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by lagosrd: 8:54am On Feb 21, 2018
hardywaltz:

God will continue to protect his own. We shall not mourn again I. The aviation industry this year in Jesus name.
In another news
Aqua Dana
Dana phamacetical
Dana this
Dana that
Who is this dana

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by ChristyB(f): 9:10am On Feb 21, 2018
Dana Air again? who still uses that flight sef?
Na we just wan use hand kill ourselves. Not like other flights are better oh..Na God hand we dey
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by omolorlarh: 9:36am On Feb 21, 2018
Mandynews:
Thank God no life was lost
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by cronsberg: 10:24am On Feb 21, 2018
The government should quickly ban this flying coffins in the name of dana air before a major tragedy happens. Northern owned airlines like medview, kabo, IRS, azman all run smoothly without any problems, but this flying scrap is still allowed to operate because its owned by southerners even at the risk of endangering lifes. If dana was a northern company now,everyone will be shouting.
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by gotnel: 10:43am On Feb 21, 2018
Thank God everybody in the aircraft comes out safely.
Instead of sharing blames, there should be investigation of where and what are the cause of the accident.
Another thing is that Dana airline should do away with this MD83 aircrafts in their fleet.
They are too old for our sky.
Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by Lightwands(m): 10:57am On Feb 21, 2018
I saw this plane.... Arrived in bad weather.... Thank God no life was lost.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) by ATinaC(f): 11:09am On Feb 21, 2018
Dana! Dana! Dana! yet u'll still see people patronising dem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) / SUV Rams Into EndSARS Protesters In Lagos, 2 Feared Dead, Others Injured (Graphi / Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.