Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 (6723 Views)

Captain Ahmed Musa Doing A Bricklayer Job(photos) / Ahmed Musa's Wife Gives Birth To Their 2nd Child / Nigerian Premier League (NPL) Top Scorer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by Sagamite(m): 9:15pm On Apr 23, 2010
[size=18pt]Musa sacrifices goals target for Eagles[/size]

Nigeria Premier League top scorer Ahmed Musa has revised his goals target for the season after getting his first senior international call-up.

Musa, who is having a breakout season with Kano Pillars, had originally set a 20-goal target for himself this season. That figure would have obliterated the current 17-goal record set by Ishaya Jatau in 1993 and equalled by Akarandut Orok last season.

"I wanted to score 20 goals this season, and I believe I would have made it, with the way I am going," Musa, who is officially on 14 goals, told KickOffNigeria.com. "But now, I don’t think I can make it anymore.

"I will miss some matches when I go to the Super Eagles camp, and the league is almost over so it will be difficult to come back and score the goals to reach 20."

But the 17 year-old is happy to sacrifice his goals target if it gives him a chance to get in on Lars Lagerback's World Cup squad.

"I have confidence in the way I am playing, and I knew I will be invited. So I don’t mind if I don’t score the 20 goals, because playing for the national team is the dream of every player and I am happy that I got the invitation to come to camp."

With the plethora of Europe-based strikers at Lagerback's disposal, Musa is taking nothing for granted, just hoping that his abilities will see him through.

"I will try my best to make it. I know that I have good speed, and I like taking on defenders, I can cross the ball well and I can score goals. But it is the coach that will decide."

On the basis of what Ahmed has showed in the league and the recent WAFU Cup, Lagerback's job just got even harder.

Ahmed Musa Fact File:
Date Of Birth: Oct 14 1992.
State: Plateau
Height: 1.6m
Weight: 65kg
Position: Right Wing
Other positions: Centre forward, support striker, left wing
Previous clubs: Aminchi Football Academy 2008, JUTH FC 2009
Current club: Kano Pillars

http://www.kickoff.com/news/14999/musa-sacrifices-goals-target-for-eagles.php
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by Sagamite(m): 9:17pm On Apr 23, 2010
Alakori, Who does he think he is fooling?

Only in NPL is where half of the players are under 19 but yet have played 5 seasons, starting 2-4 years after they finish secondary school.
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by Ibime(m): 10:37pm On Apr 23, 2010
hehehehehehe. . . .
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by honeric01(m): 10:40pm On Apr 23, 2010
No 20years old in the NPL.
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by bawomolo(m): 10:53pm On Apr 23, 2010
Sagamite:

Alakori, Who does he think he is fooling?

Only in NPL are half of the players are under 19 but yet have played 5 seasons, starting 2-4 years after they finish secondary school.

now this is the sagamite i know.

i thought u went soft for a minute grin
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by honeric01(m): 11:01pm On Apr 23, 2010
Not all of them went to Secondary school oo.
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by semid4lyfe(m): 3:14am On Apr 24, 2010
Sagamite is merely stating the obvious.
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by Sagamite(m): 9:51am On Apr 24, 2010
bawomolo:

i thought u went soft for a minute  grin

I don shack my special ijebu shekpe brew.

This whole volcano ash thing made my UK provider run out of supply from suppliers, na im I mellow, go into cold turkey. Now my eye don return to red.  grin
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by ow11(m): 12:11pm On Apr 24, 2010
Until European clubs begin to sign 25 year old Nigerians, this trend will continue. . .
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by semid4lyfe(m): 1:35pm On Apr 24, 2010
ow11:

Until European clubs begin to sign 25 year old Nigerians, this trend will continue. . .
True that. . .but even real 25 year olds rare for our league. Majority are in their late 20's and early to mid 30's.
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by ow11(m): 1:49pm On Apr 24, 2010
semid4lyfe:

True that. . .but even real 25 year olds rare for our league. Majority are in their late 20's and early to mid 30's.

This statement reminds me of Anifowoshe of Sunshine stars. Great technique and plays like Le Tissier but looks between 29 and 34 and is surely in the twilight of his career. What a waste!
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by honeric01(m): 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2010
Blame this on the society in general, a situation where you end up finishing secondary school at the age of 18 before even dreaming of going near professional football, you can't but turn 25 before being seen as a professional footballer. Most of our secondary schools lack organized football teams nor field to even play the football.
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by Sagamite(m): 8:34pm On Apr 24, 2010
honeric01:

Blame this on the society in general, a situation where you end up finishing secondary school at the age of 18 before even dreaming of going near professional football, you can't but turn 25 before being seen as a professional footballer. Most of our secondary schools lack organized football teams nor field to even play the football.

In rural areas and the North (where majority is rural), push the age of finishing secondary school 20 to 23. And this Musa come dey give us tory!
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by hollandis(f): 2:50pm On Apr 25, 2010
story story--- story
once upon a time ---- time time
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by honeric01(m): 5:58pm On Apr 25, 2010
Well, if he can play till 50, nothing do am.
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by otokx(m): 9:34am On Apr 26, 2010
Why does he want to die prematurely?
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by candylips(m): 11:16am On Apr 26, 2010
the guy na baller sha
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by splashbaby(m): 1:28pm On Apr 26, 2010
bawomolo:

i thought u went soft for a minute grin
hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by ochukoccna: 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2010
17? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
*&^%$#@!?? grin grin grin grin
Here we go again cool cool cool cool
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by nearest(m): 3:42pm On Apr 26, 2010
semid4lyfe:

why him no go claim 17, when Ayegbeni de claim 25yrs, martins 24yrs?
I had a flat mate in school who played with Ayegbeni at okomu fc, this guy is older than me,{ cos he finished secondary school in 97, i finished in 99 and as at 2007 when i finished my HND he was in nd1, he didn't make it playing football}, and he's claiming to be under 25, a man with a child in junior secondary school already.
This musa guy, lets see how long he'll play.
Do you all remember etim? The nigerian footballer who claimed to be under age, he was given growth medication and suddenly his head alone stated growing, they asked him if he's sure of his age and that was the end of his carrier.
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by candylips(m): 3:48pm On Apr 26, 2010
that was Philip Osundo not etim
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by rickie4us(m): 4:08pm On Apr 26, 2010
is there no pic of this Ahmed Musa guy?
let someone post his pics please
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by deb(m): 4:31pm On Apr 26, 2010
17 indeed!
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by Akainzo(m): 4:34pm On Apr 26, 2010
BTW, any reasons why he cannot be 17?

Nothing says he must finish secondary school, he could have opted to be in a football academy rather than go to school.
You guys must be aware that less than 60% of Nigerian youths are in schools, therefore, that you, have to go through secondary and then university/polytechnic to make it, does not imply that Musa has to do the same thing. If you check his biography, he was in an academy till 2008 and only started playing professionally last year! How old was Fabregas when he joined Arsenal, a mere 16 years and how old was Rooney when he scored that goal against Arsenal? The common factor here is that both chose football over school.

Let's not sweep every young player with the brush of dishonesty because of some proven cases, not all are guilty no matter how bad the situation may seem.
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by ochukoccna: 5:40pm On Apr 26, 2010
Akainzo:

BTW, any reasons why he cannot be 17?

Nothing says he must finish secondary school, he could have opted to be in a football academy rather than go to school.
You guys must be aware that less than 60% of Nigerian youths are in schools, therefore, that you, have to go through secondary and then university/polytechnic to make it, does not imply that Musa has to do the same thing. If you check his biography, he was in an academy till 2008 and only started playing professionally last year! How old was Fabregas when he joined Arsenal, a mere 16 years and how old was Rooney when he scored that goal against Arsenal? The common factor here is that both chose football over school.

Let's not sweep every young player with the brush of dishonesty because of some proven cases, not all are guilty no matter how bad the situation may seem.
17 year old in 9ja premier league?
Are you smoking multi-fingered greens?
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by nearest(m): 5:57pm On Apr 26, 2010
candylips:

that was Philip Osundo not etim
Are you sure its not etim? The player was in either holland or belgium not sure which country it was.
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by semid4lyfe(m): 6:02pm On Apr 26, 2010
nearest:

Are you sure its not etim? The player was in either holland or belgium not sure which country it was.
That was definitely Phillip Osondu and not Etim Esin.
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by nearest(m): 7:55pm On Apr 26, 2010
semid4lyfe:

That was definitely Phillip Osondu and not Etim Esin.
confirmed, just called my elder brother who would always talk about the age of footballers when arguing with his friend.
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by manuch(m): 8:49pm On Apr 26, 2010
I ve played in thenigeria league some years back when clubs are registering you they put your d.o.b and tell you afterwards wot your age is
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by mrkoma2012: 10:14pm On Apr 26, 2010
Big lie 17 yrs old my foot.Is there any picture of dis guy?
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by imoleayo55(m): 11:38pm On Apr 26, 2010
17 or not 17,make dem show us the boy picture cos na soso good young players we dey always have(young by age),na all of us see messi for 2005 wen him be under 17 and we dey see am now as under 23,but our own players no dey feel play better as they grow older or reach mid 20s grin
Re: Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 by Princek12(m): 4:57am On Apr 27, 2010
So are you guys saying none of our players are actually the age they claim? What of Anichebe and Obi Mikel? Don't you think they are the age they claim.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stakegains Is The Best Football Prediction Website / 8GB: Sport Too Can Have It / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.