Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

How To Sell Watermelon Fruits At A Good Profit: Where To Sell, How To Sell And W - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Sell Watermelon Fruits At A Good Profit: Where To Sell, How To Sell And W (3261 Views)

Hybrid Seedlings Of Fruits At Your Corner. Affordable Exotic Fruits Seedlings / We Have Seeding Of Tree That Produce Fruits At 6 Months / Why Can't I Lose Weight? This Is The Truth About Why You Can't Lose Weight And W (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Sell Watermelon Fruits At A Good Profit: Where To Sell, How To Sell And W by j6ix(m): 7:23am On Feb 21, 2018
I never saw this as an issue until my subscribers/clients at www.agro.moneywaynetwork.com (my secret guide to watermelon and cucumber agro business website) started bugging me with the question a lot. Then I was like, wow is someone really asking this. But now I know that it is the right thing for them to do. Trying to find out what they didn’t know about. It is a good thing right?

Well, in this post I have come up with the little I know and have experienced since my time in the business and I hope that you find it very helpful.

So long as you can buy things, it is not going to be difficult for you to sell anything. For me, everybody has that instinct of a seller.

For watermelon and cucumber, there is always markets for it to be sold at almost anywhere around us. Therefore, where to sell wouldn’t be a problem but how to sell and who to sell to for better profit.

Finding Potential Buyers
Here, I will show you the different ways in which you can meet potential buyers of your watermelon and cucumber fruits in other to avoid much stress. This is also the best way to sell in other to meet a good profit.

I will start with the best to the least.

Finding and selling at a major market in your city: this is normally a big market in almost every city and where most other stuffs are sold. Watermelon and cucumber are also demanded in large quantity by some group of buyers that come to this market, like watermelon stand owners and people selling with wheelbarrows. This is a very nice place to sell your watermelon and cucumber fruits.
Watermelon and cucumber stand owners: this is like a mini-shop located along the road or at the market side. All you need to do is to meet with these people and make them an offer to buy your watermelon and cucumber fruits. Find at least 8 to 10 of these people and you will find out that your supply might not even be enough for them.
Reaching out to wheelbarrow sellers: now your purpose of meeting with this people is not actually for them to buy a reasonable quantity of your product, but for them to link you to the people that they buy from. Most of them buy from wholesalers that can actually buy your whole farm.
Below are some of the strategies you can use to sell to the above buyers
Conveying to a major market: this is the best type of market to sell your products depending on your marketing experience level. Now, haven discovered a good and big market at your area like “ikpa marke”t at Nsukka Enugu State; you need to hire laborers to harvest your watermelon and cucumber fruits and then you find a truck to covey it to the market. Also, there are other market places where watermelon and cucumber can be sold outside your area. So, don’t depend on your area market alone.
Selling the entire farm: this is another way to sell your product. Here, the buyer comes down to your farm and price/buy everything after checking the farm. This strategy has advantage as well as a disadvantage. In which case, you might be losing or gaining whereas, the other party might be gaining or losing too. So, you have to be very careful with this method. These kinds of buyers are found in the main market. Therefore, if you wish to make sales through this means, just take samples to the market and bargain with interested buyers and then take them to your farm.
Selling at the farm: most of the time when some buyers at the market were not able to buy due to insufficient product in the market. Then, you can ask them to come to the farm with you or come next time to get their own product. This normally happens when there is scarcity of product in your area.
Pricing your watermelon heads
Watermelon is priced and sold depending on the size of the head.

There are 3 pricing categories that I use viz:

Large and extra-large size price: these are the biggest head size and are sold for N400-N500.
Medium sized: this is the second to the largest size, and it is sold for N250 to N350.
The small and smallest sized heads: this is the group that can be categorized as small size and very small sized watermelon. It is sold for N180 to N200 for the small sized and N80 to N150 for the very small sized.

Re: How To Sell Watermelon Fruits At A Good Profit: Where To Sell, How To Sell And W by brownisaac1: 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2019
thanks for the information... much helpful. but do you buy watermelon or do you know who can buy 1 hectare of large size watermelon?
Re: How To Sell Watermelon Fruits At A Good Profit: Where To Sell, How To Sell And W by Mubby4luv(m): 10:17pm On Jul 01, 2020
brownisaac1:
thanks for the information... much helpful. but do you buy watermelon or do you know who can buy 1 hectare of large size watermelon?
Hello.. Good evening, please how did you solve this?

(1) (Reply)

Massive Fidan Broiler Chicks For Sale In Abuja.(more Than 50) / What Comes To Your Mind When A Friend Tells You His Studying Agriculture? / Investment Farming Cucumber Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.