Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Please Advice Me Between Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please Advice Me Between Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent (4276 Views)

The Difference Between Kia Shortage VS Honda CRV / Direct Tokumbo Of Toyota And Hyundai Engines At Ladipo Market Lagos. Call Us Now / Are Kia Forte And Hyundai Elantra Good For Uber Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me Between Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent by hentech911: 7:47am On Feb 21, 2018
Please house, kindly advice btw kia rio 2009 and hyundai accent 2010. which is more reliable, durable and cheaper to maintain in terms of availability of parts.are the part cheap compaired to Honda civic 2002.
Re: Please Advice Me Between Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent by alaskido(m): 10:27am On Feb 21, 2018
Kia Rio and Hundai are very expensive to maintain. Your best bet should be a Honda Civic. Kia and Hyundai may look fanciful and cute but they will definitely give you heartache. When they start their problem it will look as if all the witches in your village are after you. Don't say I do not warn you.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me Between Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent by alaskido(m): 10:27am On Feb 21, 2018
Kia Rio and Hundai are very expensive to maintain. Your best bet should be a Honda Civic. Kia and Hyundai may look fanciful and cute but they will definitely give you heartache. When they start their problem it will look as if all the witches in your village are after you. Don't say I do not warn you.

Chai first to comment grin
Re: Please Advice Me Between Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent by nams77: 6:36pm On Feb 21, 2018
Sometimes people just talk based on hearsay. Get one that is problem free and has not been abused ( go with a competent mechanic, there are a couple of them here on nairaland), then ensure you carry out good maintenance culture.
Pro: excellent fuel consumption, fairly good suspension and a decent interior coupled with more newer parts in comparison with cars in the 90s/00.
Mighty ac for a small car.

Con: you won't be winning any race anytime soon. Engine is 1.4-1.6l.( not that you won't get to your destination). parts may not be that available, depending on ur area ( though this has improved considerably in recent time)
That model does not come with airbags ( though the ones abroad does have airbags), blame Dana for that, they brought the watered-down version to Nigeria.
In summary, it's a nice little car with a smart attitude. If you want a little car that will take you from point a to b without any frills, this is your car.
Most importantly, go with a competent mechanic.eod

CC. Hentech911 and alaskido

12 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me Between Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent by rhames(m): 7:31pm On Feb 21, 2018
The Kia product are more preferable than the other Korean brands for the following reasons. Accessability to spare parts, good mechanics and easy maintenance.
Re: Please Advice Me Between Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent by hentech911: 7:30am On Feb 22, 2018
I thank you all for your contributions, God bless.
Re: Please Advice Me Between Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent by cross8701: 4:23am On Mar 04, 2018
Please pay no attention to the first response. Both Rio and the Accent are extremely reliable cars. I own 2 Kia Rio(s) and recently acquired an Accent all within the years you mentioned which are used for Uber. The parts are readily available and are not particularly expensive. Hyundai is the parent company of Kia and the cars you mentioned both use mostly identical parts so it really boils down to the look you prefer. I went for the American versions as they come with better options. Hope this helps and good luck with your search.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me Between Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent by nams77: 2:34pm On Mar 04, 2018
cross8701:
Please pay no attention to the first response. Both Rio and the Accent are extremely reliable cars. I own 2 Kia Rio(s) and recently acquired an Accent all within the years you mentioned which are used for Uber. The parts are readily available and are not particularly expensive. Hyundai is the parent company of Kia and the cars you mentioned both use mostly identical parts so it really boils down to the look you prefer. I went for the American versions as they come with better options. Hope this helps and good luck with your search.
How did you source the American spec
Re: Please Advice Me Between Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent by edetsimon: 3:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
Good day everyone, my name is Simon edet, am uber/taxify qualified driver, I live in mainland, Yaba area. Please am deeply in need of a car to drive on rental agreement. I can deliver weekly. I have a good rating on both platform as well with a trusted guarantors, you can reach me on 09082906101, edetsimon2@gmail.com. thanks.
Re: Please Advice Me Between Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent by dru23(m): 3:54pm On Mar 04, 2018
edetsimon:
Good day everyone, my name is Simon edet, am uber/taxify qualified driver, I live in mainland, Yaba area. Please am deeply in need of a car to drive on rental agreement. I can deliver weekly. I have a good rating on both platform as well with a trusted guarantors, you can reach me on 09082906101, edetsimon2@gmail.com. thanks.
Are you on WhatsApp? He mail me @dru23@hotmail.com I might have a tokunbo car March ending. Fully loaded leather etc 07 elabtra. We are screening drivers now .

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me Between Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent by Drunice23: 4:26pm On Mar 07, 2018
cross8701:

I was in kia rio few hours ago. The car is very small and it looks like cars from the 80's . So what year is your rio, so that I can stay away from it. And I ask the driver, he said he hates the car. And also that the owner is collecting 40k a week. I was shocked the car looks like a 2007 model. But the ones from 2012 upwards is a lot better. Looks more modern, but looking at the car and talking to other rio owner. I was told it is the worse car for the job. Well that's my opinion on it. Personally I will never driven one on rental . Even if one picks me up. I will reject it. The car is too small for my liking. And also when the dri

ver was driving on the highway. I thought and felt the car was about to take off and fly. Never would I put myself at risk again
Re: Please Advice Me Between Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent by cross8701: 7:27am On Mar 19, 2018
Drunice23:

I was in kia rio few hours ago. The car is very small and it looks like cars from the 80's . So what year is your rio, so that I can stay away from it. And I ask the driver, he said he hates the car. And also that the owner is collecting 40k a week. I was shocked the car looks like a 2007 model. But the ones from 2012 upwards is a lot better. Looks more modern, but looking at the car and talking to other rio owner. I was told it is the worse car for the job. Well that's my opinion on it. Personally I will never driven one on rental . Even if one picks me up. I will reject it. The car is too small for my liking. And also when the driver was driving on the highway. I thought and felt the car was about to take off and fly. Never would I put myself at risk again
Mumu...... You still can't write properly cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me Between Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent by dru23(m): 11:10pm On Mar 20, 2018
cross8701:

Mumu...... You still can't write properly cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

Yes you are correct... but you still driving for uber and I can easily hire you to be my driver and pay for your education. And plz stick to driving your 1998 rio up and down. Owo ni koko o

Re: Please Advice Me Between Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent by Harbewilliams(m): 7:19am On Mar 21, 2018
Do you think your car qualifies for uber, taxify, oga taxi.
You need more information on how to go about it

We manage vehicles for people who don't have time to manager their vehicles but want to invest in the e-hailing business (taxify, uber, oga taxi) years of experience in this business has shaped our ideas.

Call us today for more details on our services, your investment is our priority.

Contact us today
FLEETDRIVE LIMITED
07016682929 (call or whatsapp)
fleetdrive2016@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

SOLD Neatly Used Lexus Es300 For Sale.. 1.550m Negotiable. / Clean Tokunbo 2008 Toyota Rav4 With Full Optoins For 2.1m. / We supply Right hand drive commercial vehicles On request ONLY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.