Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,741 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

FIBA World Cup Qualifiers: Uganda Star Eyes Upset Against D’tigers - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIBA World Cup Qualifiers: Uganda Star Eyes Upset Against D’tigers (433 Views)

FIBA Afrobasket 2021: D’Tigers Begin Qualifiers With Victory Over South Sudan / FIBA: Nigeria Finishes 17th As Africa’s Best At FIBA World Cup In China / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FIBA World Cup Qualifiers: Uganda Star Eyes Upset Against D’tigers by solbase10(m): 3:52pm On Feb 21, 2018
Ugandan point guard Joshua Johnson insists the East Africans have what it takes to qualify for the 2019 FIBA World Cup.

The Scoprions of Uganda are drawn in Group D alongside hosts, Mail, Rwanda and Nigeria for the qualifying tournament which takes place from February 23 to February 25.

They will begin their campaign against 2015 African champions Nigeria on February 23 before taking on hosts Mali and finally arch-rivals Rwanda.

“We (Uganda) have a chance to sneak in a couple of wins against Nigeria, Mali and Rwanda,” the 25-year-old Johnson told FIBA.com.

“These are world class teams (Nigeria, Mali and Rwanda) that have been doing this for a long time but one thing I can say is that, we have to respect our opponents but we should not fear them.

“As a team I think that we have to go to Mali knowing that we deserve to be here and that we did not come here by wild card or as a replacement but we got here because we deserve to.

Joshua has been included in the final 12-man Ugandan roster that will make their debut at the World Cup Qualifiers stage this weekend in the Malian capital of Bamako.

Meanwhile, the D’Tigers are yet to name their squad for the 2019 FIBA AfroBasket World Cup qualifiers despite arriving in Bamako, Mali in batches.

Source:https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/fiba-world-cup-qualifiers-uganda-star-eyes-upset-dtigers/

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Football Chairman Confronts Referee On The Pitch With A Gun In His Belt / FA Cup Semi-final Draw: United Face Tottenham, Chelsea Versus Southampton / Join Me And Win With My Single Stake Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.