Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget (30910 Views)

Tanzania Shuts Down 5 Hydroelectric Stations To Reduce Excess Electricity / $300 Billion: Russia Reveals Exact Amount Of Reserves Frozen By West / Joe Biden Gifts Vladimir Putin $300 Aviators & $3200 Crystal American Bison (Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by undisputedgbola(m): 7:59pm On Feb 21, 2018
ayusco85:
I stand with daddy Freeze. We need to keep religion aside and start applying principles of success. It's not praying or paying tithe
When did RELIGOUS leaders become the POLITICIANS at the helm of affairs in this country??

The news was even announced by the Minister of Finance...

What does that has to do with religion ehn??

Stand for WHATEVER you believe in; don't allow this AGENT mislead you....

1 Like

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by niggi4life(m): 8:00pm On Feb 21, 2018
Goke7:
Singapore is home to one of the fastest growing churches in the world led by Joseph Prince, Daddy freeze should try get sense abeg
how does that influence the information given by the OP?
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by BABANGBALI: 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2018
ajebuter:
Babangbali/lyangbali/enemyofpeace go dey look for danfo. Or keke Napep to travel to singapor now..

Mtcheww.... tongue tongue
God forbid bad thing. I'm now living in Canada as a Canadian citizen
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by remele2(f): 8:06pm On Feb 21, 2018
oooo God!!! What is my crime making me a Nigerian? ok i have accepted my faith , i am a Nigerian, give me a second chance.... help me get Visa out of diz shithole , i promise not to come Back........
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by HoodBillionaire: 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2018
i must catch at least 30singapore mayes
bill them 200$ each
shaps bitcoins

1 Like

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by asawanathegreat(m): 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2018
If are a lazy man go and queue up for the money u didn't work for
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by macaphan007(m): 8:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
Niyinficient:
Freeze is actually losing nuts....is Buddism not a religion? He should go and read about doctrines practiced by Buddist instead of him ranting on SM. AT times i wonder how unlearned some so-called educated people can be.

Whats his problem with people who have chosen a particular faith? All to remain relevant sha!
People like Freeze really surprise me,$45 is the bench mark in our budget for crude oil sales for 2018,but crude oil price is about $65 but the govt decides to put the remain $20 generated into the excess crude account,which is meant for infrastructural development,this has got nothing to do with religion.Freeze is seriously losing it.

1 Like

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by Dontquit: 8:09pm On Feb 21, 2018
Isabella250:
How do I become a citizen please? grin

You are going no where my dear. We are in this together,nobody is leaving to any developed country.

Bella abeg if u get any concrete info pm, I wonder how I become Nigeria citizen.
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 21, 2018
I miss Singapore
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by ofuonyebi: 8:13pm On Feb 21, 2018
one day 9ja go grow up to that level...when God helps us to keep all the corrupt leaders in jail!
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by 8stargeneral: 8:14pm On Feb 21, 2018
Apc won't read dis news cool
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by lordswill03: 8:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
For the first time I finished reading a long post, because it made sense. Our leaders will rather pocket the excess or used it to buy exotic cars and expensive vacations. Selfish country with selfish leaders.
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2018
Nigeria
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by JimmyBishop: 8:29pm On Feb 21, 2018
No offense. Just the Lord's doing!!
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by GavelSlam: 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2018
Don't go and work.

Be looking at societies whrre invention, innovation and above all hard work is appreciated and expected.

1 Like

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by ensamy(m): 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
Daddy freeze has been trying hard to put sense into the head of many Nigerians from fraudulent men of God, but it's like most Nigerians have decided
to rremain hypnotised by this Pastors. ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by Gerrard59(m): 8:55pm On Feb 21, 2018
Isabella250:
How do I become a citizen please? grin

Not as easy as you think. Singapore has stringent immigration policies.

@Post, Lee Hsien Loong will give you money with one hand and collect it back through increased water prices, increased taxes on cigarettes and GST from the other hand. grin

On the flip side, Singapore had her independence in 1965, Nigeria had has 5 years earlier. And someone on this forum once compared Tinubu to Lee Kuan Yew? shocked
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by ensamy(m): 8:59pm On Feb 21, 2018
Goke7:
Singapore is home to one of the fastest growing churches in the world led by Joseph Prince, Daddy freeze should try get sense abeg
Nigeria is home to more than 5 grown churches like living faith, RCG etc after that wetin be the economic benefit

1 Like

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by HomeOfMe(f): 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2018
exlinkleads:
Singapore To Give Citizens Above 21yrs A Sum Of $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget - Freeze Reacts

Singapore is an example of a nation that became something out of nothing. Out of just good managerial kills and political will, Singapore was able to turn their already doomed future around in the 70s and they have not become a country to recon with.

Singapore announces plan to pay bonus to all citizens after surplus budget of almost $7.6 billion. All Singapore citizens aged 21 and above will get a one-off “SG Bonus” of up to S$300 each as the 2017 budget came in with a surplus of almost S$10 billion (US $7.6 billion).

Finance minister Heng Swee Keat made the announcement during his budget speech in Parliament, describing the bonus as a “hongbao”, the Mandarin word for a monetary gift given on special occasions. He said this “reflects the government’s long-standing commitment to share of the fruits of Singapore’s development with Singaporeans”, according to Channel News Asia.

The “SG Bonus” will cost the government S$700 million (US $533 million). The bonus will be paid according to people’s accessible income. About 2.7 million people will get the payouts, which are due by the end of 2018. Those with an income of S$28,000 or below will be eligible to receive S$300, those whose incomes ranging from S$28,001 to S$100,000 will receive S$200, and those with incomes in excess of S$100,000 will receive S$100.

Singapore’s revised budget for fiscal 2017 showed a surplus of S$9.61 billion, thanks to contributions from statutory boards and higher-than-expected stamp duty. The surplus will also be used in other ways. Heng said S$5 billion will be set aside for the Rail Infrastructure Fund to save up for new railway lines that Singapore is building. Another S$2 billion will be set aside for premium subsidies and other forms of support for Eldershield, an insurance scheme that helps senior citizens with severe disabilities to cope with the financial demands of their daily care.

Singapore became an independent republic in August 9th, 1965. Facing severe unemployment and a housing crisis, Singapore embarked on a modernization programme beginning in the late 1960s through the 1970s that focused on establishing a manufacturing industry, developing large public housing estates and investing heavily on public education.

By the 1990, the country had become one of the world's most prosperous nations, with a highly developed free market economy, strong international trading links, and the highest per capita gross domestic product in Asia outside Japan.

Daddy Freeze reacted to the news as follow;

Ironically, Singapore is a predominantly Buddhist nation and they are sharing the equivalent of N100k ($300) to every adult citizen after surplus budget.

All these were achieved without tithing or 50day fasts! Nigerias please learn from this! When some Goat overseers decided to gather to pray for Nigeria I knew that our foolishness had reached its all time peak!

I think is high time Nigeria and Nigerians put the issue of religion in perspective in other to grow.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/02/singapore-to-give-citizens-above-21yrs.html

Speaking of which..,Former petroleum minister Dieziani said she would return 90billion dollars to the FG. If our govt decides to give each Nigerian #100million each,poverty will greatly reduce,because it will help empower a lot of people.
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by samijay8(m): 9:28pm On Feb 21, 2018
nairalanduseles:

abeg shut up ur mouth...ur pastors can emulate and give every member in the sheepies congregation 20000 naira....
wondering when the church will have excess budget
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:35pm On Feb 21, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
I think I should consider returning to the country of my ancestor...

Singapore

Have you become a day-dreamer ?

Jokes aside, news of this nature can almost make a person commit suicide.
Singapore was in the group of developing countries with nigeria at some point.

There was a time Ugandan government reduced the prices of petroleum products because, according to the government, the were lucky to get the product cheaper than they budgetted during an oil glot.
Nigeria is simply not a country but a jungle within an animal firm ruled by semi-beasts.
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 21, 2018
Good Evening All...

I am a recent graduate of University of Benin and awaiting Nysc. Due to the lingering Nasu strike which has deferred service to late this year, I would be available for any Internship or Blue collar job for the next 6months or more in Lagos. I possess the requisite management and technical skills for effective transactions or dealings within an organisation, and also possess great interpersonal skills. Please any interested employer or recruiter can please chat me up or reach me either through my email or given number.

Number: 08117652066, 08142752421.

Email: Elvissaiboye@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Sincerely.

Elvis.

P.S. such offer should be within Alimosho or Ikeja L.G.A.
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by planetx: 9:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
HomeOfMe:
Speaking of which..,Former petroleum minister Dieziani said she would return 90billion dollars to the FG. If our govt decides to give each Nigerian #100million each,poverty will greatly reduce,because it will help empower a lot of people.
Who told you Diezani has 90 billion dollars to give back.

1 Like

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2018
tobenuel:
Daddy freeze you never made sense... Don't change the topic please...yes I know my country is bleeped up.. Hit LIKE if you would concur with me.

only one like so far, seems you never made sense anyway
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by ooshinibos: 9:51pm On Feb 21, 2018
Goke7:

33.2% Buddhism
18.8% Christianity
18.5% No religion
14.0% Islam
10.0% Taoism and
folk religion
5.0% Hinduism
0.6% Others

1 Like

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by ooshinibos: 9:53pm On Feb 21, 2018
33.2% Buddhism
18.8% Christianity
18.5% No religion
14.0% Islam
10.0% Taoism and
folk religion
5.0% Hinduism
0.6% Others

1 Like

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by zinaunreal(m): 9:57pm On Feb 21, 2018
I am going to Singapore
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by Ken4Christ: 10:21pm On Feb 21, 2018
In Nigeria, budget surplus will go into the pockets of a few people. Recovered loots are never accounted for.
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by Ogaonos: 10:27pm On Feb 21, 2018
Goke7:
no mind d idiot.i think his on payrol because religion has nuthio 2 do wit d topic.hav read d book by their founding minister of singapore very gud bonk it wil open ur eyer on nation building.wat mak nigeria nd africa fail was nationalism while singapore was transform we african founding fathers were busy doing anti white dt wat kills us.dt y if u notice our indegeious economy campaign has being failing.wat singapore did was 2 mak america their hinterland nd outsourcf nd partner wit americam firms

1 Like

Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by badtlimo(m): 10:27pm On Feb 21, 2018
Kingstel:

Due to growing demands for its products in the Northern region of Nigeria, an FMCG company in Lagos mainland requires sales reps and state supervisors for immediate employment in Abuja as well as other Northern states.

Remuneration: Salary and Commission.

Interested candidates who are qualified should forward their CVs to justice.ayo9@gmail.com using their first name and area of residence as subject of the email (i.e. justice/Abuja or justice/Sokoto).
Na una Dr spoil Nigeria what does this has to do with what is been said....smh
Re: Singapore To Give Citizens $300 Each Because Of Excess Budget by badtlimo(m): 10:27pm On Feb 21, 2018
Kingstel:

Due to growing demands for its products in the Northern region of Nigeria, an FMCG company in Lagos mainland requires sales reps and state supervisors for immediate employment in Abuja as well as other Northern states.

Remuneration: Salary and Commission.

Interested candidates who are qualified should forward their CVs to justice.ayo9@gmail.com using their first name and area of residence as subject of the email (i.e. justice/Abuja or justice/Sokoto).
Na una De spoil Nigeria what does this has to do with what is been said....smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rats At US Police Headquarters Get ‘High’ On Seized Marijuana / President Mnangagwa Appoints 68-Year-Old Sithembiso Nyoni As Minister Of Youths / Zelenskyy Calls NATO Weak And Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.