Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

The Paradigm Shift Of Social Media Sites To Social E-commerce Sites - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Paradigm Shift Of Social Media Sites To Social E-commerce Sites (903 Views)

Hello Devs, Any Good European Remote Job Sites To Apply As Web Developers? / Tutorial: Object Oriented Programming Paradigm For Beginners in Python / Techpally.com On Top Sites To Learn Computer Programming Free Online In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Paradigm Shift Of Social Media Sites To Social E-commerce Sites by jaelz(m): 8:38am On Feb 22, 2018
Once had a discussion with a close pal of mine, back in 2017 where I made known to him that with the rate at which people now sell on Social Media Platforms it’s only imperative they had their backend guys optimize their platforms to help the growing number of users engaging in the activities of buying and selling online better known as e-commerce have a more comfortable experience.

He laughed at me that day like a jackal, but I never lost my cool because I knew that he who laughs last, laughs best and the longest. Just a while ago I saw in the tech news that WhatsApp introduced WhatsApp for Business and more recently I saw another post where they said they had introduced Payment Options, i.e. you can send and receive payments via chats, how incredible is that?

It’s really incredible because it affects the everyday man and cuts across all facets of life, banks are starting to have sleepless nights with a possibility of their blood pressures shooting up due to the future dwindling of excess profits being made furtive charges placed on card less transactions by these banks is soon to be a thing of the past. This is a new Ebola to the banking industry and we hope they have a Doctor Stella Ameyo Adadevoh in a cape to curtail this properly.

Another shock-wave that hit me at my epicenter was when I surfed through my Facebook Page, and I was surprised when I saw create your online shop, whoa!!! I exclaimed on my bed, Facebook now has a fully integrated e-commerce platform; where you can list all your products with their associated charges and receive payments once a request is being made?

The Paradigm Shift would truly happen when they finally saddle up the responsibilities of full e-commerce features and integrate it on their website, I am talking about features like a well laid out logistics and delivery plan and B2B marketing. Imagine ordering and paying for a product on your favorite Social Sites and in some few days’ time you see your package carefully packaged with Whats-app delivery or Facebook Delivery inscribed on the delivery product package. Well that’s better imagined in wonderland, as long as you are not Alice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Paradigm Shift Of Social Media Sites To Social E-commerce Sites by emmy4lov(m): 10:59am On Feb 22, 2018
Nice write up @op

Logistics is the backbone of any eCommerce system and Nigeria is still far behind in terms of logistics.

Nairaland on the other hand is not upgrading.. Nairaland of 2009 is still the same as nairaland of 2018, no upgrade has been done to the platform.
With the numerous transactions being transacted daily and tech market section of the forum, we should have seen an eCommerce system being integrated but nothing.

The world is changing faster than we may realise and we(Nigerians) need to move along, else we'll get left behind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Paradigm Shift Of Social Media Sites To Social E-commerce Sites by jaelz(m): 2:27pm On Feb 22, 2018
emmy4lov:
Nice write up @op

Logistics is the backbone of any eCommerce system and Nigeria is still far behind in terms of logistics.

Nairaland on the other hand is not upgrading.. Nairaland of 2009 is still the same as nairaland of 2018, no upgrade has been done to the platform.
With the numerous transactions being transacted daily and tech market section of the forum, we should have seen an eCommerce system being integrated but nothing.

The world is changing faster than we may realise and we(Nigerians) need to move along, else we'll get left behind.

Beautiful Insights also, please send me your email so we discuss some business Ideas...
Re: The Paradigm Shift Of Social Media Sites To Social E-commerce Sites by emmy4lov(m): 10:32am On Feb 23, 2018
jaelz:

Beautiful Insights also, please send me your email so we discuss some business Ideas...
You can reach me at emmy@infoguid.pro

(1) (Reply)

Need A Standard Freelance App Developer / Programmer Interns Needed In Enugu / Visual Basic (VB) Programmer Urgently NEEDED (part-time Engagement )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.