Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Share Your Carlcare Experience. Here's Mine - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Share Your Carlcare Experience. Here's Mine (743 Views)

Carlcare Service Ng: We're Back On Nairaland! / Today Is Black Friday! Share Your Online Shopping Experience Here / How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Carlcare Experience. Here's Mine by higherpower: 9:13am On Feb 22, 2018
My Techno L8 suddenly stopped charging. Since it's still under warranty, I took it to Carlcare shop in Uyo. I was asked to pay some money. When I querried that the phone is still under warranty, they said warranty does not cover the charging area. So I paid #600, registered the phone and left. I came back the next day and the said they have fixed it. When I got home, it wasn't charging. So I took it back. Long story short, after four times of fixing and not working, they said I should bring 28k to change the engine. They said the phone is irreparable except the engine is changed. I furiously left to go and dump the phone. My guy just directed me to plaza boys( road side guys). They collected 3k, change the board n flex. It's the phone am using to type. Shame on Carlcare.
Re: Share Your Carlcare Experience. Here's Mine by umarshehu58(m): 9:46am On Feb 22, 2018
I no dey buy new phone cox money no dy.
So nothing like carlcare 4 my matter

1 Like

Re: Share Your Carlcare Experience. Here's Mine by tafat: 7:32am On Feb 23, 2018
If your device is under warranty and you have your receipt you shouldnt pay anything
Re: Share Your Carlcare Experience. Here's Mine by higherpower: 4:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
tafat:
If your device is under warranty and you have your receipt you shouldnt pay anything
They said warranty doesn't cover the charging area.
Re: Share Your Carlcare Experience. Here's Mine by ojotobiloba1: 8:36pm On Feb 27, 2018
My infinix note 3 Pro finger printing stopped working around October last year and it was fixed free of charge in matter of three days at carlcare centre, ibadan centre.. It was under warranty though

1 Like

Re: Share Your Carlcare Experience. Here's Mine by higherpower: 10:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
ojotobiloba1:
My infinix note 3 Pro finger printing stopped working around October last year and it was fixed free of charge in matter of three dats at carlcare centre, ibadan centre.. It was under warranty though

U were lucky
Re: Share Your Carlcare Experience. Here's Mine by Stevengold(m): 9:11am On Feb 28, 2018
higherpower:

They said warranty doesn't cover the charging area.

Warranty covers charging area. I had bad charging port with my infinix note 4, it was fixed free of charge.

Carl care is kinda great in Port Harcourt. They are reliable.

The only problem uve heard with them is rough handling. There was a time I went to fix my bricked hot 4, it was fixed, but the Imei changed, the back cover became so rough. And cracked on the screen guard. I was not happy, though they did the job but I wasn't happy. Seeing my phone becoming old overnight.

In all, I think my experience with calcare is on the average.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Carlcare Experience. Here's Mine by CarlcareOpebi(f): 11:03am On Feb 28, 2018
higherpower:
My Techno L8 suddenly stopped charging. Since it's still under warranty, I took it to Carlcare shop in Uyo. I was asked to pay some money. When I querried that the phone is still under warranty, they said warranty does not cover the charging area. So I paid #600, registered the phone and left. I came back the next day and the said they have fixed it. When I got home, it wasn't charging. So I took it back. Long story short, after four times of fixing and not working, they said I should bring 28k to change the engine. They said the phone is irreparable except the engine is changed. I furiously left to go and dump the phone. My guy just directed me to plaza boys( road side guys). They collected 3k, change the board n flex. It's the phone am using to type. Shame on Carlcare.
Hello OP @higherpower When the port or anything else is found to be damaged, customers are asked to pay for it. I'm sorry you had this experience though.
Re: Share Your Carlcare Experience. Here's Mine by higherpower: 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
[quote author=CarlcareOpebi post=65437694]
[b]Hello OP @higherpower When the port or anything else is found to be damaged, customers are asked to pay for it. I'm sorry you had this experience
Then they asked me to bring 28k? Does that make sense?
Re: Share Your Carlcare Experience. Here's Mine by sureinfo: 4:09am On Mar 01, 2018
If you still have your warranty, you're not meant to pay anything [quote author=higherpower post=65452568][/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Camon X Pro Launched With Selfie Shooter And Face Id / Between Phone Repairs And Laptops Repairs / Asus Router Contact Number +1-877-624-4495

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.