Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Seven Lessons Nigerian Preacher Can Learn From Evangelist Billy Graham - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seven Lessons Nigerian Preacher Can Learn From Evangelist Billy Graham (303 Views)

I Have Slept With Two Reverend Fathers - Nigerian Preacher Confesses (video) / Nigerian Preacher Arrested For Public Disturbance In London(pics) / Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Seven Lessons Nigerian Preacher Can Learn From Evangelist Billy Graham by Pookiej: 11:40am On Feb 22, 2018
By Sunday Oguntola

Legendary American preacher, Evangelist Billy Graham, breathed his last on Wednesday at 99 with many lessons from his eventful life and ministry.

He was a preacher I admired so much since I read his autobiography, Just as I am, several years ago. His commitment to the gospel has challenged me just as his life of integrity.

As I pondered on his remarkable life, it occurred to me there are lessons preachers in Nigeria can glean from his life and ministry.

Here are seven of them I find worth considering for ministers hoping to finish as strong as he did:

He stayed true to main call and passion: Billy Graham started ministry in 1939 at age 21. He knew his main calling. It was evangelism. And that what he stuck to. He avoided every other areas of ministry to stay on his main call.
Everything he did was evangelism-related. His Billy Graham crusades reached out to an estimated 210 million in 185 countries of the world throughout his over 70 years of public ministry. He could do that much because there were no distractions.
Read more: http://naijachurchnews.com/seven-lessons-nigerian-preacher-can-learn-evangelist-billy-graham/

Re: Seven Lessons Nigerian Preacher Can Learn From Evangelist Billy Graham by mankand(m): 11:55am On Feb 22, 2018
You mean a mad man who advised nixon to use atomic bomb on Vietnam?

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Pray For A New Nigeria / Drummer/music Instructor Available / Sam Adeyemi – How Your Words Can Change Your Destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.