Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Billy Graham Was Not Perfect - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Billy Graham Was Not Perfect (1344 Views)

Billy Graham Dies At 99 / Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99 / Billy Graham, Renowned TV Evangelist, Dead At 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 22, 2018
He was against the Black civil rights movement in the 1960s
The Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. electrified the nation when he gave his "I Have a Dream" speech, but there was another famous American pastor who was not impressed. Billy Graham, who had refused to participate in the 1963 March on Washington, dismissed King's belief that protests could create a "Beloved Community" in America where even "down in Alabama little black boys and little black girls will join hands with little white boys and white girls."

He made antisemitic statements against Jews in a discussion with President Nixon

He was a close friend of President Nixon a known fraud who was eventually impeached

He prayed for President George Bush ( the elder ) for success in a war against Iraq that decimated thousands of lives

He amassed a fortune or circa $25 million

His Son Franklin Graham is a supporter of Donald Trump and a renowned bigot

He preached a mythical gospel that had nothing to do with truth

1 Like

Re: Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by butterflyl1on: 10:56pm On Feb 22, 2018

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by Martinez19(m): 11:10pm On Feb 22, 2018
butterflyl1on:

He typed the truth. Refute his claim or hide your face. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by godisgood200: 11:10pm On Feb 22, 2018
frosbel2:

Lolzzzzz. I hope you become perfect before you die.

3 Likes

Re: Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by butterflyl1on: 11:19pm On Feb 22, 2018
Martinez19:
He typed the truth. Refute his claim or hide your face. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by butterflyl1on: 11:22pm On Feb 22, 2018
godisgood200:

Lolzzzzz. I hope you become perfect before you die.

He is not even close. The heat of hatred in him can rival molten magma. Perfection is alien to such people.

6 Likes

Re: Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by godisgood200: 11:25pm On Feb 22, 2018
butterflyl1on:

He is not even close. The heat of hatred in him can rival molten magma. Perfection is alien to such people.
Well. I think he is God to have known that Papa Graham was not perfect. Let him be the first perfect man on earth.

I know that moniker, he sounds like a Christian, but he is not.

3 Likes

Re: Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by GloriaNinja(f): 11:54pm On Feb 22, 2018
undecided NO HUMAN IS PERFECT.

3 Likes

Re: Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by Zanas: 6:08am On Feb 23, 2018
Lol, leave it to nairaland's resident Antichrist to dish out rubbish about Billy Graham. Frosbel2 like someone said above, I hope you achieve perfection before you die. Even Paul the great apostle called himself the chief of sinners. Billy Graham is just a sinner saved by grace through faith but I don't expect you to understand that being who you are. Many people have gone this path you're treading now, men who are more mightier and greater than you but through the ages, the word of God stands sure "Upon this rock, I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it"

2 Likes

Re: Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by Zanas: 6:13am On Feb 23, 2018
godisgood200:

Well. I think he is God to have known that Papa Graham was not perfect. Let him be the first perfect man on earth.

I know that moniker, he sounds like a Christian, but he is not.
That guy is a well known Antichrist on this forum. He has clearly dedicated himself to doing the work of his father the devil, that's all he does here on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by Chrisbeks: 6:33am On Feb 23, 2018
David, Moses, Solomon, Abraham, Peter, Paul e.t.c these were the greatest heroes of faith in the Bible and guess what, none of them was perfect. The bible says we are complete in Him(Jesus Christ). No one is perfect but Jesus has become perfection to those who received him. It has always been by His grace and not by how righteous we are Eph 2:8, Titus 3:5-7

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by felixomor: 9:15am On Feb 23, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by sonofluc1fer: 9:21am On Feb 23, 2018
Frosbel, jesus washes away the sins of white people.

You see a man who hates blacks, african christians are Gentiles not blacks, if he hates homos and muslins as much as they do, he's of Christ.

You're preaching to the wrong crowd.

1 Like

Re: Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by CandidSeeker(m): 11:23am On Feb 23, 2018
Re: Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by godisgood200: 4:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
Zanas:

That guy is a well known Antichrist on this forum. He has clearly dedicated himself to doing the work of his father the devil, that's all he does here on nairaland
Oh, I see. Let him work hard for his reward awaits him.

1 Like

Re: Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by GoodMuyis(m): 7:09pm On Feb 23, 2018
Thanks to God he has gone to meet Jesus

1 Like

Re: Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by UnchangeableGod: 7:12pm On Feb 23, 2018
frosbel2:

Let me assume that some or all of these allegations against the late beloved Evangelist Billy Graham are true. If so, it just means that he made some mistakes or committed sins which he may have corrected or repented of. This is why the Bible urges us not to look up to the best of men as role models. Rather, as Christians we should be "looking up to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2). It does not also imply that none can be perfect as some are insinuating. God cannot tell us to aim at perfection if it is a mirage (Matthew 5:48). Perfection is possible through the grace of Christ, our Perfect Example.
Re: Billy Graham Was Not Perfect by ScienceWatch: 6:31pm On Mar 10, 2018
butterflyl1on:

After comparing the spiritual warrior Billy Graham to Atheism, ATHEISM emerges as radioactive waste. Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Satguru Maharajji / The Innocent God-fearing Woman Who Lost A Case In Men's Court But Won In God's / 6 Reasons Why The Noah’s Global Flood Couldn’t Have Happened.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.