Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,018 members, 7,814,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers (6188 Views)

Why You Need A Building Permit / Cost Of Building Permit In Port Harcourt / Get Your Building Approval Drawing/building Permit In Enugu In Tow Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by Nkemakonam62: 2:22am On Feb 23, 2018
The Lagos State Government on Thursday said obtaining a building permit was compulsory before anyone could erect any house in the state.

It added that any building without permit in the state would be shut while the owner would be prosecuted.

The General Manager, Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA), Olalekan Shodeinde, said this during a campaign in the Ajegunle area of Lagos to sensitise the people to the need to obtain building permits before construction.

Shodeinde, who was represented by the Head of Department, Building Administration and Public Enlightenment, LASBCA, Victoria Ajose, said the government would no longer tolerate illegal development, adding that defaulters would be penalised.

He said government had declared zero tolerance to building collapse.

He said, “If you don’t comply with our laws, government is ready to prosecute you. So, you must come forward to regularise your documents and obtain necessary permits.”

The LASBCA boss lamented that instances of people breaking government seals were on the increase, warning that there would be consequences.

He said, “Before we act, we decided to sensitise Lagosians to the need to follow due process in construction.

“LASBCA is also moving round to monitor building development across the state to ensure that people did the right thing right from the foundation level.”

http://www.akelicious.com/2018/02/building-permit-is-must-lasg-tells.html

Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by Pavore9: 6:54am On Feb 23, 2018
LASG don't joke with that. About 10 years ago, they charged about N11m for building permit from a Church in Ikeja for erecting a structure within their premises, saw it listed on the Parish's bulletin.
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by Ekowise(m): 6:54am On Feb 23, 2018
this is lasgidi
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by Nobody: 6:55am On Feb 23, 2018
today na motor day?
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by ajiwo1: 6:55am On Feb 23, 2018
Lagos and money na like 5 and 6

2 Likes

Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by Chivasex: 7:00am On Feb 23, 2018
Lagos. Ambode and money are like

5 Likes

Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by Rosamaria1: 7:01am On Feb 23, 2018
Jj
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by BecomeALandLord(m): 7:02am On Feb 23, 2018
This is one of the ways to oragnize and plan Lagos very well.
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by whizbee(m): 7:07am On Feb 23, 2018
Everything must be taxed in Lagos... Ayam not understand

2 Likes

Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by danielnike: 7:11am On Feb 23, 2018
Good
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by rickyrex(m): 7:11am On Feb 23, 2018
BecomeALandLord:
This is one of the ways to oragnize and plan Lagos very well.
is the permit for free or a means of making life more frustrating for people. Imagine the amount you gonna pay for permit, make devil con add Omo ni le own join. ,plus say you never add the money for building proper. Therefore instead of thinking for money to build proper, you will first gather money for permit. Except its free or something cheap to afford

2 Likes

Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by money121(m): 7:19am On Feb 23, 2018
Ok
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by PointZerom: 7:22am On Feb 23, 2018
Your officials are corrupt, what they did to me and their extortions while I was building at Okota baffles me. Building permit and building control my ass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by Odunsco01(m): 7:32am On Feb 23, 2018
then it should be very cheap
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by younglawya(m): 7:34am On Feb 23, 2018
Ok
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by oyetunder(m): 7:56am On Feb 23, 2018
Alausa snakes are hearby declared innocent....the developers rats are guilty as charged.

Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by helphelp: 8:03am On Feb 23, 2018
Permits that aren't seamless to get.

They will frustrate you and drive you into bribing them

1 Like

Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by wailersarefools: 8:41am On Feb 23, 2018
[s]
PointZerom:
Your officials are corrupt, what they did to me and their extortions while I was building at Okota baffles me. Building permit and building control my ass.
[/s]
Build wetin. you think is 2 by 2 shop he is talking about.
Is this how you think Ikoyi is uae? Because i know you can go to Ikoyi without visa.

Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by newslifeop: 10:00am On Feb 23, 2018
Lagos is tough

1 Like

Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by uuzba(m): 10:41am On Feb 23, 2018
whizbee:
Everything must be taxed in Lagos... Ayam not understand

So far people continue to remain in Lagos, invest and build. The state will tax the hell out of you. They must chop their share from whatever is giving you money to remain in Lagos.
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by leckzid: 10:55am On Feb 23, 2018
kuku come and kill us we have not even have money to buy d land self not to talk of paying permit on a virgin land.
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by cutieberie1(f): 11:38am On Feb 23, 2018
If u need cleaning for your house in Lekki, VI and Ikoyi axis. Contact my friend on 08063397063
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by iomoge2(f): 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
PointZerom:

Yimmi
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by iomoge2(f): 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
leckzid:
kuku come and kill us we have not even have money to buy d land self not to talk of paying permit on a virgin land.

Building no be for i never chop.
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by iomoge2(f): 12:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
uuzba:

So far people continue to remain in Lagos, invest and build. The state will tax the hell out of you. They must chop their share from whatever is giving you money to remain in Lagos.

But its not the fault of Lagos state that most states are ridden with witches na. Most pipz cant build in their village cos of their Papa Brother sad
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by akigbemaru: 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
Nkemakonam62:
The Lagos State Government on Thursday said obtaining a building permit was compulsory before anyone could erect any house in the state.

It added that any building without permit in the state would be shut while the owner would be prosecuted.

The General Manager, Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA), Olalekan Shodeinde, said this during a campaign in the Ajegunle area of Lagos to sensitise the people to the need to obtain building permits before construction.

Shodeinde, who was represented by the Head of Department, Building Administration and Public Enlightenment, LASBCA, Victoria Ajose, said the government would no longer tolerate illegal development, adding that defaulters would be penalised.

He said government had declared zero tolerance to building collapse.

He said, “If you don’t comply with our laws, government is ready to prosecute you. So, you must come forward to regularise your documents and obtain necessary permits.”

The LASBCA boss lamented that instances of people breaking government seals were on the increase, warning that there would be consequences.

He said, “Before we act, we decided to sensitise Lagosians to the need to follow due process in construction.

“LASBCA is also moving round to monitor building development across the state to ensure that people did the right thing right from the foundation level.”

http://www.akelicious.com/2018/02/building-permit-is-must-lasg-tells.html
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by Jokerman(m): 1:11pm On Feb 23, 2018
iomoge2:

Building no be for i never chop.

You are a very wicked person.....
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by iomoge2(f): 5:41pm On Feb 23, 2018
Jokerman:

You are a very wicked person.....
I am just stating the fact.

Keep sentiments aside.

Except u want to build in ur villa... then mud and thatch will do. And thats a good option.
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by Jokerman(m): 5:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
iomoge2:

I am just stating the fact.

Keep sentiments aside.

Except u want to build in ur villa... then mud and thatch will do. And thats a good option.

I know you work with the govt, that's why you can support evil and extortion because of your own egunje.... just try to fear God, and learn to love your neighbors as yourself....
Re: Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers by iomoge2(f): 7:22am On Feb 24, 2018
Jokerman:

I know you work with the govt, that's why you can support evil and extortion because of your own egunje.... just try to fear God, and learn to love your neighbors as yourself....
Egunje
Lol.
with d govt, yes and a professional at that tongue
Deal with it.

Evil and extortion?? Lol.

In evry state and country there must be planning.
But Nigerians no wan here.

Even wen u design for them.. they will get quacks to build.
They follow d advise of quacks who tell tem we don dey do this thing for donkey years.

They dont want to follow building control laws.
Everyone just wants to cut corners.

Well. Demolition is an option d govt has.

Let him who is with ears listen and d one without can borrow.

You dont want to see people erecting structures on access roads.
Or building gigantic houses on a land without c of o.
No approval.

but then, what do i know.
Lemme go an buy gala, i yam coming.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Opportunity To Own Property In Lagos( For Investors)buy 5 AND GET 1FREE / Kitchens / Video Of Arium Estate Abijo Ajah Lagos,the New Trending Estate,dry Land @7m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.