Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,311 members, 7,819,059 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin (1300 Views)

When Animal Kingdom Gets Super-sized: Shocking Photos Of Animals Dwarfing Humans / 10 Animals That Don’t Look Dangerous But Are Actually Deadly / Is Smart Cab Nigeria The Latest Big Thing In Ride-hailing In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:44am On Feb 23, 2018
Today I was just wondering why Nigeria is such a nation of degenerates. Why we will never progress and make innovations. Why we will forever remain at the bottom rung of the international human chain.

This is when I came across this post in the front page of Nairaland titled "See the Animal a Pretty Nigerian Lady killed on her farm." Not only was this post brought to the front page by a Nairaland Mod. It was also celebrated by many in the comments. Besides the repulsive title, This is when I realised that our mentality is still at a very primitive and backward stage. Nigerians are too religious when it comes to following any of the two abrahamic cults. But these religions have sucked the ability of reasoning and humanity from them. Nigerians are in general a moralless people and bunch of degenrates who cannot think and reason indepedently. A majority of them have this kinda sheep mentality. This is why whenever anyone starts a new venture in Nigeria, in a matter of seconds you will see tons of other people copying it.
Nigerians cannot reason outside the box.

Regardless, the following was the post.

The "pretty" Soldier in the Nigerian Army, whose duty us to set an example of chivalry to the country has committed a very dastardly act and took to the social media to proclaim her achievements. In other nations you will see soldiers helping injured animals/wildlife, saving them from bad situations, feeding them etc. These animals are moreover protected by law.

And here you have a savage Nigerian soldier who takes pride in killing " a civet protecting its babies " . She even goes on to tell how she could easily finish it off because it didnt want to leave its mother.

Imagine. This is a woman. Who herself might go on to have kids of her own. Is there no motherly feeling in her? Another reason, why I consider ourselves savages. We have no humanity.

And just because she is "supposedly" pretty as per the OP, she must be absolved of her crime?

Now those babies will die without protection. what a pity Even our forest dwelling pre colonial ancestors had rules for hunting. Never attack a pregnant animal or mother with babies. This is a basic fundamental rule of hunting and humanity itself. Mothers are like an investment and will ensure the stability of the population. Why cant Nigerians reason??

The worst bit is this nincompoot OP considers her a great farmer by her acts. A farmer knows how to manage his crop for successive generations. A farmer wont destroy ten animals forr the sake of one as this id.iotic soldier has done. hunting is not even farming. so dumb.

Many of you may dismiss this post as not of great importance. Yet I firmly believe that such small behaviours and attitudes of our people is what contributes to our current degenerate state.

May the Gods punish her unto eternity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by dfriendlyadvice: 5:50am On Feb 23, 2018
grin op no worry na, boko haram go kuku hunt her down too and kill her with their bare hands #CycleOfLife
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:54am On Feb 23, 2018
dfriendlyadvice:
grin op no worry na, boko haram go kuku hunt her down too and kill her with their bare hands #CycleOfLife

i hope her young ones meet the same fate.
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by muhammed50(m): 6:02am On Feb 23, 2018
Resonable thoughts

1 Like

Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by Litesanti(m): 6:03am On Feb 23, 2018
dfriendlyadvice:

PAGAN9JA:

Make una stop to d pretend abi una neva kill before?? Na person own una go to talk
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by dfriendlyadvice: 10:39am On Feb 23, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

yea they will probably get slaughtered in the process of protecting their mom

wink you sef dey creative
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
Litesanti:

Make una stop to d pretend abi una neva kill before?? Na person own una go to talk

No we haven't. This is exactly the point I've been trying to make. You are living and shaped by such a poisonous environment that killing is just like breathing for you. A normal function of daily life.
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by FeelDeMusic: 10:33pm On Mar 11, 2018
I absolutely agree with you Pagan9ja....... so much beautiful flora and fauna is being nonchalantly stripped away from the land in which it has always existed for centuries, without so much as a "goodbye" from its killers. And this isn't just happening in Nigeria... it's happening everywhere in Africa, in South America, in the Caribbean... anywhere and everywhere where there's such an abundance of unique, exotic and precious animals and plants people want to take all of them for their own greedy, selfish, heinous benefit!!!!!

Please look up Jane Goodall, a lovely lady with a lovely message about this whole phenomenon... I think you'll really like what she has to say.....
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by revontuli(f): 11:59pm On Mar 23, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

No we haven't. This is exactly the point I've been trying to make. You are living and shaped by such a poisonous environment that killing is just like breathing for you. A normal function of daily life.

Murdering breeding females, especially nursing mothers is an absolute no-no in every native culture in the world. I'm a shamanist, in my belief if you commit such a heinous act, you offend the animal spirits and you will be forever cursed. Hunter-gatherer shamanist cultures have codes for reasonable hunting. I don't believe African native cultures condone such heinous acts, either.

If she was doing this in any 1st world country there would be a massive public outrage, she'd lose her job and go to prison and booed on the street.
Remember what happened to the American dentist guy who killed the lion in Africa? He didn't even do it on American soil but he was so condemned by the public he had to close shop and go into hiding.
Enlightened people like you will hopefully make a change and educate the public.

3 Likes

Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by Stallion93(m): 8:25am On Mar 24, 2018
This is a black problem, Blacks who lack compassion for their fellow blacks so to have such for animals would be far fetched. U just hit the necessary points, most of us can't apply logical reasoning we just go with the mainstream around us. Our problems are way too many and all centers in the mindset, we've lost it, we do not have the basic virtues of being Human.
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:58pm On Mar 24, 2018
revontuli:

Murdering breeding females, especially nursing mothers is an absolute no-no in every native culture in the world. I'm a shamanist, in my belief if you commit such a heinous act, you offend the animal spirits and you will be forever cursed. Hunter-gatherer shamanist cultures have codes for reasonable hunting. I don't believe African native cultures condone such heinous acts, either.

If she was doing this in any 1st world country there would be a massive public outrage, she'd lose her job and go to prison and booed on the street.
Remember what happened to the American dentist guy who killed the lion in Africa? He didn't even do it on American soil but he was so condemned by the public he had to close shop and go into hiding.
Enlightened people like you will hopefully make a change and educate the public.

Thank you very much!

What is your tribe?
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by revontuli(f): 7:18pm On Mar 24, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

Thank you very much!

What is your tribe?

I'm a tribeless oyinbo cheesy
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:55pm On Mar 24, 2018
revontuli:

From?
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by revontuli(f): 9:22pm On Mar 24, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

From?
My ancestral homeland is Georgia (the Caucasian one) but I'm American and now living in Europe. Not exactly tribeless, but separated from my homeland since birth.
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by zinaunreal(m): 9:48pm On Mar 24, 2018
revontuli:

I hope you have found what you seek
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by revontuli(f): 11:05pm On Mar 24, 2018
zinaunreal:

I hope you have found what you seek

I did, a long time ago smiley
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:40am On Mar 25, 2018
revontuli:

My ancestral homeland is Georgia (the Caucasian one) but I'm American and now living in Europe. Not exactly tribeless, but separated from my homeland since birth.

Ah I see. Theres many subgroups of Georgians too right? Do you know yours?
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by revontuli(f): 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

Ah I see. Theres many subgroups of Georgians too right? Do you know yours?

Georgians are a subgroup of Kartvelians, there are quite a few ethnic groups with their own language and culture. Though the Black Sea Laz, Georgians, Greeks and Hamshen (Armenian tribe) share the same music, cuisine and similar traditional attire. It's hard to say who really owns it.
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2018
revontuli:

Georgians are a subgroup of Kartvelians, there are quite a few ethnic groups with their own language and culture. Though the Black Sea Laz, Georgians, Greeks and Hamshen (Armenian tribe) share the same music, cuisine and similar traditional attire. It's hard to say who really owns it.

From what I deduced Georgians are Kartevelians and the Svans, Megrelians etc., are their tribes with differences in language.
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by revontuli(f): 6:49pm On Mar 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

From what I deduced Georgians are Kartevelians and the Svans, Megrelians etc., are their tribes with differences in language.

Those were all ancient tribes, also the dialect of Adjara region is a bit different from the mainstream Georgians, Svan is another dialect, and the Adjara immigrants in Turkey have a more archaic dialect than the Batumi one due to the Soviet era isolation. Laz and Mingrelians are the cousins of Georgians.
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:08pm On Mar 25, 2018
revontuli:

Those were all ancient tribes, also the dialect of Adjara region is a bit different from the mainstream Georgians, Svan is another dialect, and the Adjara immigrants in Turkey have a more archaic dialect than the Batumi one due to the Soviet era isolation. Laz and Mingrelians are the cousins of Georgians.

I see
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by revontuli(f): 1:22am On Mar 26, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

I see

Did you study anthropology by any chance? You seem quite knowledgeable on different ethnicities.
Re: NIGERIA - The Land Of Animals In Human Skin by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:32pm On Mar 26, 2018
revontuli:

Did you study anthropology by any chance? You seem quite knowledgeable on different ethnicities.

Yes it is very important.

(1) (Reply)

Airtel New 0.00 Free Browsing And Unlimited Downloading – Steps To Tweak / Electric Cooker That Can Run On Generator / Easy Money? Learn The Hidden Secrets Of Yahoo Boys.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.