Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills (12860 Views)

Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home / Coronavirus: Father Cries Out Over Non-Treatment Of Daughter At Isolation Center / "I Had Ulcer, Doctor Touched My Breasts And Vagina At A Lagos Hospital" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by Kingsley10000: 10:09am On Feb 23, 2018
sarafa68:

Sadly, that's a phenomenon.

Pls, what is the average cost of delivering baby; and that of CS?
10-15K IN GOVERNMENT OWNED HOSPITAL AND LESS THAN 40K IN MOST PRIVATE.AS FOR CEASEREAN SECTION,THAT ONE REQUIRES OPERATION SO IT'S WAY TOO HIGHER

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by AlphaMajestic: 10:10am On Feb 23, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Why get pregnant, if you cannot afford the resulting costs?

Condom, is a much cheaper option........

But condom no dey sweet na...am not supporting them actually
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 23, 2018
It's about time we realise this is not obodo oyinbo where you can have children anyhow at the expense of the government! I think the government at all levels should help out in medical emergencies...unfortunately, childbearing doesn't fit into this, unless you are a victim of ra.pe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 23, 2018
IFNOTGOD:

do u mind we gather resources n meet d hospital get an account people can contribute to d release of these women

Particularly d hospital acct no. den we begin making our contribution
you have a nice ideal but fortunately am not in that country called Nigeria where most people will think your ideal is to enrich yourself
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 23, 2018
Kingsley10000:
10-15K IN GOVERNMENT OWNED HOSPITAL AND LESS THAN 40K IN MOST PRIVATE.AS FOR CEASEREAN SECTION,THAT ONE REQUIRES OPERATION SO IT'S WAY TOO HIGHER
Thank you.
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by Lexusgs430: 10:25am On Feb 23, 2018
AlphaMajestic:

But condom no dey sweet na...am not supporting them actually

Our pipu don talk am, nah wetin dey sweet pesin, dey kobalize am......
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by mideactive: 10:29am On Feb 23, 2018
Simply make the man responsible work for d pay.
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by chi4ik(m): 10:38am On Feb 23, 2018
Kingsley10000:
WHY IS IT THAT MOST PEOPLE LIVING IN ABJECT POVERTY BEAR MORE CHILDREN COMPARED TO THE RICH...check out these mother,90% of them already have 5 or 6 malnourished children at home and they are still getting pregnant
because their only consolation is sex
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by muthmayinnah: 10:44am On Feb 23, 2018
l am always surprise when they say Ambode is working, which work? when lagosian do not have access to medical with little or no fees but can give BLANK cheque to formal Governors. l Pity my people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by zolapower: 10:45am On Feb 23, 2018
micseyi:

You dont know what goes on. Health care service In this country is already seriously subsidised by the govt. M in the system so I know. I'll give u an example.

there was a tym one of my friends in The US wanted to do an herniorraphy(Hernia repair). The total cost was about #900, 000 after conversion to naira.

In Nigeria, (Asokoro District Hospital to be specfic), the cost of the same Operation is around #40k. So u can imagine...
Bros like i said our govt needs to.do more. The equating of the naira to the dollar was caused by who ? Me and you or the govt? Because the #900,000 naira u just mention before abacha died it was not up to #100 to a dollar .
So my point is that we are not asking d govt for too much.Make a better policy and impliments it,we are not telling them to build factory for us or white collar job, but an enabling environment to better our lives. If u are in a hospital to witness this i was in libya to witness what murman gadafi did as a head of state. He made live easier for the libyans as a president. The Libyans dont work every friday was when people like me who are foreigners have better pay .( over time)
After there prayer the muslims go home while we tge Christian stay to cover for them ,hence higher pay for me and others. Hospital bill was at the expense of gadafi and his govt. Free bus to and from where you are going to or oming from. Not untill hillary and obama killed gadafi. That year was when i came back to Nigeria .
So my brother,govt should stop shying away from there social responsibilities. Like i said im not in support of over population . But government need to do alot. Because tge issue at hand is like a time bomb ticking . Sooner or later yam ,garri and rice which is d pooir man's food will become rare and expensive to get . All because herdsmen are now driving our local famers away. Have you noticed that we import palm oil from Malaysia ?
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by buffalowings4: 10:47am On Feb 23, 2018
Ekiseme:
I no dey like this kind story,

Govt should settle their bills,

Even at that, how are they going to take care of their babies when they can't even afford delivery fees,

The hardship in this country is going to drive me crazy,i don tire.

Shedrack777:
the state government should clear their bills and free these women please.

See these ones

When dey were fucking dem call govt. undecided
People need to realize welcoming a child brings a lot of financial responsibilities.
They should bear their burden by themselves o cool

I'm 10 years older than my brother. My parents were not in a good financial state to have another baby so soon after my birth.
So they had to wait. And it took them 10yrs. This gave them the opportunity to raise us into responsibLe adults undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by buffalowings4: 10:51am On Feb 23, 2018
Kaycee9242:
Dts Yoruba men for u, dy always jump into marriage wen dy kno dy aren't ready in fact dy don't even marry wat dy do is follow me born. Check out their names na Igbo's hardly do such mistakes

Stop smoking cheap weed angry
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by SoldierBoy1(m): 10:52am On Feb 23, 2018
People blaming the hospital, the hospital did well enough by commencing treatment before pay. If the hospital keeps allowing everyone go without paying their bill, they would soon go bankrupt.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 23, 2018
d one thing I still don't understand is if these women weren't aware that they were pregnant. 9-10 months and u still didn't prepare?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by thedondada(m): 11:33am On Feb 23, 2018
Kingsley10000:
WHY IS IT THAT MOST PEOPLE LIVING IN ABJECT POVERTY BEAR MORE CHILDREN COMPARED TO THE RICH...check out these mother,90% of them already have 5 or 6 malnourished children at home and they are still getting pregnant

I also find this baffling. It's all about female empowerment. The woman will say if I don't Bleep him he would Bleep someone else. Getting pregnant like a rabbit then crying for help.

When you know your man cannot look after you get birth control. It's almost free in that same hospital.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by slimderek(m): 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2018
Kingsley10000:
Poverty Mentality, Thats the reason.
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 23, 2018
AreaFada2:
Maternity and child care ought to be free for everyone. On federal health care board. That is the minimum any remotely sane country should offer.
As u are in a crazy country nko? abortion should be lagalised abeg
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by Madeu(m): 1:34pm On Feb 23, 2018
AreaFada2:
Maternity and child care ought to be free for everyone. On federal health care board. That is the minimum any remotely sane country should offer.
In a country like Nigeria, maternity care shouldn't be free rather expensive. We don't have population problem. What government should be working on is in controlling the population.
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by micseyi(m): 2:11pm On Feb 23, 2018
zolapower:

Bros like i said our govt needs to.do more. The equating of the naira to the dollar was caused by who ? Me and you or the govt? Because the #900,000 naira u just mention before abacha died it was not up to #100 to a dollar .
So my point is that we are not asking d govt for too much.Make a better policy and impliments it,we are not telling them to build factory for us or white collar job, but an enabling environment to better our lives. If u are in a hospital to witness this i was in libya to witness what murman gadafi did as a head of state. He made live easier for the libyans as a president. The Libyans dont work every friday was when people like me who are foreigners have better pay .( over time)
After there prayer the muslims go home while we tge Christian stay to cover for them ,hence higher pay for me and others. Hospital bill was at the expense of gadafi and his govt. Free bus to and from where you are going to or oming from. Not untill hillary and obama killed gadafi. That year was when i came back to Nigeria .
So my brother,govt should stop shying away from there social responsibilities. Like i said im not in support of over population . But government need to do alot. Because tge issue at hand is like a time bomb ticking . Sooner or later yam ,garri and rice which is d pooir man's food will become rare and expensive to get . All because herdsmen are now driving our local famers away. Have you noticed that we import palm oil from Malaysia ?

Am nt saying the Govt is perfect. M simply saying Health care is already heavily subsidized. You won't biliv how cheap dese services are.

Funny enough, many people prefer to buy material things. But to pay for their health will become a big issue.

Yes Govt can always do more
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by Gamesmart: 3:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ekiseme:

Even at that, how are they going to take care of their babies when they can't even afford delivery fees,

When you vote for people that loot, may you suffer.

https://www.nairaland.com/2213734/jonathan-may-lose-woefully-lagos#31949028

Your Patience Jonathan has $30m from her "hardwork" and "gifts".
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by Ekiseme(m): 4:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
Gamesmart:

When you vote for people that loot, may you suffer.

https://www.nairaland.com/2213734/jonathan-may-lose-woefully-lagos#31949028

Your Patience Jonathan has $30m from her "hardwork" and "gifts".
it's like something is seriously wrong with your head,

So, it's now my fault because I felt GEJ was the better option and voted for him? Are Nigerians better off without him now?
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by Gamesmart: 6:55pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ekiseme:
it's like something is seriously wrong with your head,

So, it's now my fault because I felt GEJ was the better option and voted for him? Are Nigerians better off without him now?

Looting is the better option?

Apart from the fact that looting by GEJ's government is part of the causes of Nigeria's problem now, what makes you think Nigerians would have been better off with GEJ and the PDP still in power now?

Is it when Deizani loots all the foreign reserve we are building up now that Nigerians would be better off?

You deserve to suffer.
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ekiseme:

why are they opening their legs when they cannot afford condom
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:47pm On Feb 23, 2018
Kingsley10000:
playing lotto that 2 or 3 may survive and 'make it'
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
Dee60:

This is the terrible practice in many hospitals!
yeah
bed was bought for free
building is rent free
water is free
nurses are volunteers no salary
drip is free
injection is made of thin air
no need for blood
bedsheet was donated
so no need to collect money
think bfor u talk
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by AreaFada2: 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2018
Madeu:

In a country like Nigeria, maternity care shouldn't be free rather expensive. We don't have population problem. What government should be working on is in controlling the population.
But that argument is very weak. In developed countries the poorest get social benefits weekly or monthly. For all their children. Including free education, healthcare, housing, etc. Until the age of 16 and sometimes beyond.

Those Western societies (except extremely few) also do not need more kids, especially ones that parents cannot care for because of the very high cost.
But those countries know that it is the innocent kids that will suffer. Also that such deprived kids will have poor life prospects and higher chances of contributing to massive social problems.

Remember that a government that cares has a far better chance of its citizens taking part and heeding public enlightenment programs and messages therefrom.
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by jack00000: 10:48pm On Feb 23, 2018
amani63:
I will 100%

My passion is to help those in need

Watch out for it 6yrs from now

50% reduction in any sick or pregnant person hospital fee
y 50%, plz make it free
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 23, 2018
jack00000:
y 50%, plz make it free
do we run a charity organization

I Reduce 50% still you are not happy with that
Re: Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills by chibuzorAbia: 3:20am On Feb 24, 2018
Poor jobless women are a terrible handicap to socity .....and have destroyed many thoughtless unfocused foolish men.

My fine, doing well, lanky youngman neighbour went to his village in the East and brought this ignorant jobless village ibo girl to marry 4 years ago. Very vivacious sexy attractive girl though. Now she has delivered 4 children (including a set of twins).

The guy man lifestyle and standard of living have collapsed and you can just begin to see poverty taking hold of the mumu guy and his jobless wife.

Fukking has grave consequences for mumu, poor guys.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South African Doctors Earn 3 Times More Than Those In Nigeria & Kenya / Lagos Shuts Isolo Hospital Mortuary / NAFDAC Arrests Man Behind Distribution Of Fake De Rica Tomato

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.