Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,063 members, 7,956,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:56 AM

Gtb And Eco Bank Torturing Me - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtb And Eco Bank Torturing Me (1097 Views)

I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. / How Much Is GTB And Access Bank Charging Per Dollar [$] / ECOWAS Adopts ECO As Name Of Single Currency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtb And Eco Bank Torturing Me by Ayo25: 12:44pm On Feb 23, 2018
Two Nigerian banks GTB and Eco bank has thrown me into very agonising troubles since last week. It happened that my BVN linked my account in both banks together. So I have been using my Eco ATM card without itches until last week when several machines refused to pay me. When i stormed inside an Eco branch to complain, I was told that CBN wanted uniformity in all accounts linked to a BVN and my middle name is missing in my gtb account so i either go to gtb and ask them to include a third name or i bring an affidavit carrying only two names to eco so that they can remove the third name. i decided on the gtb option. But ever since it has been come today come tomorrow.
What are the consequences for me. I left my work place even with permission last week friday but spent the whole day inside Gtb. Even though i acheived nothing in the end it landed me into serious punishment at work which i am still serving presently. Someone paid in an amount of money into my eco account to do a job for him. He already had the account number and did not inform me before transferring the money. I could not withdraw the money and so have not been able to do the job. This has brought serious integrity issues for me. The customer has shown understanding but his patience has thinned-out. I have gone borrowing and begging the past week to look after myself and my young family.
Some questions running through mind in all of these are:
Why did i not get a prior advice or warning from the banks through the contacts i provided, to do account update before i was barred from withdrawing my own hard earned money?
Maybe operators of Nigerian banks themselves do not understand the importance of bank accounts to people or how can you just block people off their accounts just like that without any prior information?
I am in a very bad situation now thanks to Eco and gtb.
God will crown your effort both.

Please mods help me before my troubles get the better of me o
Re: Gtb And Eco Bank Torturing Me by Gentle034(m): 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
That's how they come up with silly bank policy to frustrate their customers, I had to close my Access account cos of Similar issue.
You just have to exercise patience and follow them meticulously, I know it's mot really easy but just be patient. And get all the necessary documents too.

1 Like

Re: Gtb And Eco Bank Torturing Me by Ayo25: 2:53pm On Feb 23, 2018
Gentle034:
That's how they come up with silly bank policy to frustrate their customers, I had to close my Access account cos of Similar issue.
You just have to exercise patience and follow them meticulously, I know it's mot really easy but just be patient. And get all the necessary documents too.
Really frustrating my brother. I have also thought of closing my GTB account. My greatest pain is not being giving any prior information or warning
Re: Gtb And Eco Bank Torturing Me by Gentle034(m): 2:55pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ayo25:
Really frustrating my brother. I have also thought of closing my GTB account. My greatest pain is not being giving any prior information or warning
I don't know why, they don't do Dat, they wld jst do as they like and our apex bank is not even making any effort to sanction these banks.

1 Like

Re: Gtb And Eco Bank Torturing Me by georgee(m): 3:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ayo25:
Hello, i sent u a mail. Or u can PM and provide ur email/phone. There is a resolution
Re: Gtb And Eco Bank Torturing Me by chiford: 4:32pm On Feb 23, 2018
Well, I feel your predicament. I have had similar problem with my bank and I was able to resolve it. You can reach ECOBANK on their Ombudsman no: 01-2260450 to resolve your issues.
Re: Gtb And Eco Bank Torturing Me by Antina(f): 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ayo25:

Sorry bro! My boss is also facing same issue with Ecobank since last week, date of birth ish, doesn't tally with his other banks account.

1 Like

Re: Gtb And Eco Bank Torturing Me by chiford: 5:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
You can as well reach the Ombudsmam on this no 07005000000 or via email Ombudsman@ecobank.com. Your issue will be addressed.
Re: Gtb And Eco Bank Torturing Me by Ayo25: 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2018
georgee:

Hello, i sent u a mail. Or u can PM and provide ur email/phone. There is a resolution
I might not be able to provide you with any information here because I am not sure about your identity.
The last ditch effort I made today to get a solution came with a more harrowing experience as in Nigerian banks sucks. I already told them at the eco bank branch where my account is domiciled that i have been on the defensive enough. From next week i am going on the offensive and they should be prepared. I already spoke to my lawyer friend. Eco bank will have to tell us in court what right they have to stop me from withdrawing my own hard earned money, without any prior notice or warning. They have been claiming they did informed me and I have told them to get all their evidences ready. I wont go through any stress any longer over this
Re: Gtb And Eco Bank Torturing Me by georgee(m): 7:13pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ayo25:
I might not be able to provide you with any information here because I am not sure about your identity.
The last ditch effort I made today to get a solution came with a more harrowing experience as in Nigerian banks sucks. I already told them at the eco bank branch where my account is domiciled that i have been on the defensive enough. From next week i am going on the offensive and they should be prepared. I already spoke to my lawyer friend. Eco bank will have to tell us in court what right they have to stop me from withdrawing my own hard earned money, without any prior notice or warning. They have been claiming they did informed me and I have told them to get all their evidences ready. I wont go through any stress any longer over this
Ok

(1) (Reply)

I Buy Itunes Cards And Any Other Gift Card In Exchange Of Money Am Trusted / How To Become A Shoe Reseller Of B.first By Bata with pics. / God is good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.