Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,779 members, 7,813,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security (21849 Views)

If We Release Names, List Of Looters In NDDC, Nigeria Will Break — Committee / Rotimi Amaechi Threatens Abuja Train Station Manager For Extortion (Photo) / "Shut Up Or I Expose Your Wife", Amaechi Threatens Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by vanessaRN(f): 1:46pm On Feb 23, 2018

Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has said that cabals are frustrating the recently approved $198m maritime security contract.

Amaechi vowed to publicly mention names of saboteurs while speaking at a Maritime Stakeholders’ Interactive Forum held in Warri, Delta State on Thursday.

He said “Reason, why vessels will not come to the Eastern ports, is because there is war insurance due to insecurity in the ports here.

“The war insurance means if the goods cost N10,000 in Lagos, it will cost N20,000 here because there is an extra cost on it due to Insecurity issues. Even as a minister, I can’t enter a boat ride from Warri to Port Harcourt due to insecurity issues, but I can move around Lagos at any time of the day.

“I once asked a former Governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi, why people from Anambra don’t import from Port Harcourt port, and he said it cost less to import from Lagos and move to Onitsha even with the price they pay on the road. It is cheaper to import from Lagos to Aba, yet Aba to Port Harcourt is a 30-minute drive.

“For shipowners, you need to do a petition to Mr President. The President approved a contract of $195m for maritime security, but there are people in the system sabotaging the contract because it will restore security in the water. I won’t say who they are until it gets out of control. We are still battling for the contract to take place, but if it gets out of place, we will name them publicly, including the security people involved.

“There are people who make billions of Dollars from the insecurity on the water, so they don’t want security on the water because if we secure the water, all their rubbish will go.

“There are businesses which provide the vessel for oil companies in the name of providing security. The moment we secure the water, they are out of jobs?

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/02/23/amaechi-vows-release-names-sabotaging-security/

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by Blue3k(m): 1:59pm On Feb 23, 2018
Amaechi needs stop the theatrics. What more has to happen before you deem it necessary to speak? Just say their names like Chris Brown did Karrueche.

I won’t say who they are until it gets out of control. We are still battling for the contract to take place, but if it gets out of place, we will name them publicly, including the security people involved.

There are businesses which provide the vessel for oil companies in the name of providing security. The moment we secure the water, they are out of jobs?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by FarahAideed: 2:05pm On Feb 23, 2018
So Ameachi means he know those sabotaging our water way security so the can loot billions of dollars but he won't mention their name till things get out of control? So Ameachi will let people steal billions of dollars just because he thinks things have not yet gotten out of control ? What kind of people are these

125 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 2:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
Nigeria my country how did it get this bad.

You will not say who they are until the government ask crocodile to come and smile right.

But it's OK we will get there someday without you don't say because it is not important, bottom line is you are one of them.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by chuksjuve(m): 2:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
What are you waiting for?

Publish the names already and let the law do the remaining ..

Check my profile and contact us for the best of landscape and gardening service ..

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by Ratello: 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
This yam headed clown is the loudest noise maker in this government. Too full of himself undecided

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by Blue3k(m): 2:24pm On Feb 23, 2018
This isn't a shocking revelation. Most of the piracy incidents last year happened in the Eastern ports. These stats don't usually account for incidents on coast like kidding and robbery that fishermen might fall victim to.

He said “Reason, why vessels will not come to the Eastern ports, is because there is war insurance due to insecurity in the ports here.

“The war insurance means if the goods cost N10,000 in Lagos, it will cost N20,000 here because there is an extra cost on it due to Insecurity issues. Even as a minister, I can’t enter a boat ride from Warri to Port Harcourt due to insecurity issues, but I can move around Lagos at any time of the day.

Front Page: lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by ProWalker: 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
This is is what people have been saying all these years on Nairaland when Iboes come here to say Yorubas and Northerners are the ones sabotaging the Eastern ports.

Meanwhile, the people causing problems there are the likes of Don Wanny of this world, militants that are ready to shoot down the whole crew members on a vessel, the security men conniving with illegal bunkers and a gamut of criminals hiding in creeks and waters in that axis.

13 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
Call the names of d saboteurs mr man...
After asiwaju, rotimi is d next BIG LOSER. Both are asslickers, and have been shouting SABOTAGE recently.
By d time the apc cabal is through with them, they would apologise to Jonathan...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by holysina(m): 2:48pm On Feb 23, 2018
vanessaRN:

Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has said that cabals are frustrating the recently approved $198m maritime security contract.

Amaechi vowed to publicly mention names of saboteurs while speaking at a Maritime Stakeholders’ Interactive Forum held in Warri, Delta State on Thursday.

“I once asked a former Governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi, why people from Anambra don’t import from Port Harcourt port, and he said it cost less to import from Lagos and move to Onitsha even with the price they pay on the road. It is cheaper to import from Lagos to Aba, yet Aba to Port Harcourt is a 30-minute drive.

“For shipowners, you need to do a petition to Mr President. The President approved a contract of $195m for maritime security, but there are people in the system sabotaging the contract because it will restore security in the water. I won’t say who they are until it gets out of control. We are still battling for the contract to take place, but if it gets out of place, we will name them publicly, including the security people involved.

“There are people who make billions of Dollars from the insecurity on the water, so they don’t want security on the water because if we secure the water, all their rubbish will go.

“There are businesses which provide the vessel for oil companies in the name of providing security. The moment we secure the water, they are out of jobs?

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/02/23/amaechi-vows-release-names-sabotaging-security/

cc lalasticlala
As minister of defence or what. My brother concentrate on rebranding out transport industry and leave security to the appropriate office before you complicate things the more.

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by Omeokachie: 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2018
He is still threatening...

Fela calls it shakara olooje

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by aolawale025: 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2018
They would soon say fish swallowed the contract money

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2018
So it has not gotten out of control yet right? NIGERIA and it's fire-brigade approach sha.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by Blue3k(m): 3:18pm On Feb 23, 2018
Final bump: Does anyone know if Amaechi ever submitted contract detail to NASS?

This thrrad needs love. The insurance issues are talk about enough. He opened a can of worms that should be addressed.

Front Page: lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by softprick: 3:29pm On Feb 23, 2018
Everything for this country na threat,do the needful and let the law take its course except you want them to pay you bribe not to speak.fvcking cowards

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by obailala(m): 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
vanessaRN:

source

"Nonsense talk by Judas Amaechi... The Yorubas and Hausas are the ones responsible for ensuring that the seaports in the delta region are not attractive and functional so every importer will be forced to use Lagos. Even the insecurity talked about is caused by Yorubas and Hausas to ensure nothing works in the delta ports; even companies arent spared as they've all schemed to make all the companies relocate their offices to Lagos..." - Anonymous

Meanwhile on a serious note, what nonsense did Amaechi smoke before making this statement?... He knows those responsible for insecurity yet wouldnt speak until it gets out of hand? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by Profkomolafe(m): 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2018

Rotimi!!!

Do so quickly b4 the ANCESTORS gag your Mouth.
Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by Peterpanny: 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
see this old mumu,why you day announce am release am make them cum face justice.
Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by joystickextend1(m): 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2018
what is he waiting for..

Meanwhile Guy's check out my profile for tour extender products and other adult fantasy toy's
Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by carpmam: 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2018
Amaechi is a fool for saying those rubbish,just looking for a way to blame wike and Jonathan

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by marvin906(m): 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2018
your waiting for them to settle you..
or waiting for when things gets out of control
before you talk abi undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by WorldAmbassador: 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2018
vanessaRN:

source

Mr Minister, don't play politics. Release the names for all to see.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by PulseWeb: 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2018
he is stupid.. he is still threatening... aboki release the damn thing angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by carpmam: 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2018
M
Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by edgecution(m): 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2018
Madman. That's what they all do....threaten threaten. Thieves

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2018
Name them OR shut up!!! We don't need pointless threats this parrot of ubima

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by HeyCorleone(m): 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2018
But isn't this stupid?

He knows the name of those whose actions are quite detrimental to the growth of this country yet he's doing nothing? And he won't be arrested?

Nigeria is finished. Our president is even better. At least he's illiterate so he's foolishness and ignorance is allowed. But not these so called learned people. They are the worst.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2018
So, the Government prefers to award billions of dollars in security contract, but approves 1$195m again through Amaechi to keep securing the same water ways. I do not understand the work of our armed forces ....oh, their job is to dance as pythons and kill the innocent people while we outsource security to militants. Wow.

This country is such a wonderful place

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by oPPOSEE: 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2018
1. Rochas okorocha
offense: Gave amnesty to a man declared wanted by Rivers state Govt. member of Don wanny gang.

2. Bubu himself.
offense: Appointing Lai Mohammed as Govt spokesman.

una fit complete the list for me

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by BabaCommander: 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2018
Is Ameachi the minister of defense?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by martinif: 3:35pm On Feb 23, 2018
Na waoo Amechi Still Dey?
Re: Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security by Armstrong34(m): 3:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
Amaechi is a saboteur himself....shameless man

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu, Aregbesola And South West Politics / Governor Wike Imposes 24 Hours Curfew On Some Parts Of Rivers State / BAN ON GRAZING: AFENIFERE BACKS FAYOSE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.